Go to footer

Dolls you wish you had or kept

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

Re: Dolls you wish you had or kept

Postby Tasuke » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:13 pm

thanks for the heads-up. wish i had the better part of $200.00USD to blow right right now.

perhaps one day i'll get lucky again, like i did with my TAKARA SNK SAMURAI SPIRITS/SHODOWN Nakoruru a couple years back...
Tasuke
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Dark Angel » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:01 pm

victoriavictrix wrote:I wish I had the biggest Eve Studios cat in gray. I keep looking at him, but stringing him.....*shudders*.

Okay, now I want one of each! :lol:

A couple dolls I've always wanted but will probably never get, Luts Senior Delf Abandon and Dollshe Hound but with the old body.

I wish I hadn't sold my Pipos Basic Baha and Luts DELF Chiwoo. I definitely regret selling those two. :cry:
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby WhiteDove01s » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:37 am

This is going to be a tad odd/off (maybe?), because I'm pretty sure I DID keep them... I just have no idea where they are!

As a kid, I wasn't all that sold on Barbies (tho I sewed a lot for them because of an aunt and cousin who were addicted to them, and had a couple dozen myself mostly to sew for - I have almost the entire Sun Jewel Barbie line remaining from when I was a kid). The lack of poseability, and... well admittedly, the lack of 'being shiny' turned me off. I was big into robots as a kid, collected Transformers instead, wanted to go to college and study robotics.

The exception to this were my two Spectra dolls. NO relation to Monster High. (In fact, I'll admit I have some lingering resentment of that Monster High chara just because she makes ebay searches for these dolls near impossible.) These dolls were sparkly-haired Barbies with hard plastic metallic-chromed bodies, and JOINTS. Basically robo-Barbies (tho the box claimed they were aliens). I had the pink and yellow ones.

And I'm pretty darned sure I STILL had them when I moved here. But then the Evil Overlord moved in on top of me, and a ton of my stuff (anything that wasn't general household and didn't fit in my room) got relegated to the back room to make room for her stuff. And then any of her stuff that didn't fit got piled on that. And it's been like that for over a decade. Despite a few searches, and finding the Sun Jewel Barbies and others, I haven't seen them since. I haven't tried replacing them on Ebay because 1: Pricy, and 2: They should BE there somewhere. (It doesn't help that she keeps using that room as a storage shed for everything up to and including scrap lumber. It's a disaster. I can't even get to most of the boxes to find out what's in them.)

I also had two more Little Blessings dolls, the Asian girl and a little boy, that have gone missing the same way. These, if you ever find them, are amazingly sculpted little babies, perhaps a smidge small for 1/6 scale but workable. I found my other little mini girl, and picked up one of the ones I hadn't had before off Ebay, but the remainder are in the Twilight Zone.

Maybe someday I'll find them...
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
Check out my 1/6 scale fabrics on Spoonflower!
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/playscalefabric?rec=true
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:03 am

You'll find them. I outlived hoarding grandma, thanks for keeping the family artist away from stuff she could have used until it rotted, and I'm navigating the next generation of hoarders. Perhaps you can compromise by sorting and arranging the storage but not getting rid of anything so everyone can find what they're looking for.

I have a Spectra and Tom Comet in one of the doll piles. I think their body joints compare to gymnast/ballerina Barbie and the 1975 Ken.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials