Go to footer

New eyes for everyone!

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

New eyes for everyone!

Postby Dark Angel » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:05 pm

Well, not everyone. But five of them!

I found a bunch of really cheap-o eyes that were being sold in bulk. So I bought them and plopped them in my dollies! They only had 12mm eyes, which two of my dolls use 14mm but close enough!

Dark-Blue/Gray:

Brown:

Pink:

I also found this really cute little vest at a garage sale today!

Green:
I have circle ones and oval/eye-shaped ones, I think he needs the oval ones because there's a lot of eye putty showing. (Eye putty... that sounds so gross!)

And Blue: (ignore the derp eyes...)

Overall, I like them. Especially in the little ones. But Angel's, (the blue) aren't sitting too well with me. I don't know if it's because I'm so used to her other eyes (she's had them for 10 years), or if I just don't like these eyes in her.

Here's her original eyes:

I have one more pair coming, but it's quite a bit larger than any of these. It's a really pretty blue and green. :D

Thanks for looking.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Re: New eyes for everyone!

Postby SetsunaKou » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:20 pm

Wow! Nice finds!!! I really like the eyes, especially in your dolls! All so lovely!!!
I see what you mean about Angel's eyes----I think they're a little small pupil-ed for her look, but....maybe try them in side glancing or more upwards in the socket (so that they black pupil is higher up than just directly in center.)? Sometimes that helps! :)
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Dark Angel » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:02 pm

I think you're right, they do look a little small pupil-ed on Angel. I'll probably switch her eyes back to her old ones. Don't fix what isn't broken, right? ;)
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:40 pm

I like that shade of green eyes.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Dark Angel » Sun May 01, 2016 9:28 pm

Iwa_Hoshi wrote:I like that shade of green eyes.

They're the ones I really wanted! I love them. It's hard to tell in the pictures but they're blueish on the outside and green inside. SO pretty.

On a side-note, I think I'll put the blue eyes in Willow instead of the Gray/blue.
My Family:
Dark Angel

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials