Go to footer

Life-Sized BJDs

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

Life-Sized BJDs

Postby ShadowKatt91 » Mon May 16, 2016 12:23 pm

You heard me right, life-sized! Yesterday, I went to Magical Angel's site through DoA's wiki and found a "1:1" scale doll that was 180cm tall. Even Dollmore's Trinity line can't top that! I tried posting a thread about it on DoA, but being the newb that I am and the many rules of DoA, it got locked because I was apparently going off-topic. But before it got locked, I noticed in the few replies that there was a lot of interest in these life-sized dolls. That got me wondering if maybe there was more appeal to them than I had previously imagined. What do you guys think of the idea of life-sized BJDs? Do they terrify you, intrigue you, excite you, give you no reaction whatsoever?

While we're on the topic, here's the life-sized doll I found.
http://www.magical-angel.com/product/iris/
Last edited by ShadowKatt91 on Tue May 17, 2016 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShadowKatt91
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: Life-Sized BJDs

Postby Aurea Arleigh » Mon May 16, 2016 1:54 pm

ShadowKatt91 wrote:You heard me right, life-sized! Yesterday, I went to Magical Angel's site through DoA's wiki and found a "1:1" scale doll that was 180cm tall. Even Dollmore's Trinity line can't top that! I tried posting a thread about it on DoA, but being the newb that I am and the many rules of DoA, it got locked because I was apparently going off-topic. But before it got locked, I noticed in the few replies that there was a lot of interest in these life-sized dolls. That got me wondering if maybe there was more appeal to them than I had previously imagined. What do you guys think of the idea of life-sized BJDs? Do they terrify you, intrigue you, excite you, give you no reaction whatsoever?

While we're on the topic, here's the life-sized doll I found.
http://www.magical-angel.com/product/iris/

I have trouble enough finding room for my 40cm in my displaycase lol. I don't know how a 1:1 scale would even fit into my collection. One thing is for sure I'd need a much bigger displacase. :lol:
My doll family:
Aurea Arleigh (my O.C. deity werebunny) Hujoo 12cm bunny!!!!

Kasumi Yashiro (1/6 Chara Dollfie)

Monster High: Custom Catrine Demew, Custom Kitty Cheshire, Custom Catty Noir, Custom MH Warcraft Draenei and Custom MH warcraft Night elf female.(all customs done by myself)
Aurea Arleigh
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Stormlight » Mon May 16, 2016 2:01 pm

I have two trinities, and they are HEAVY girls! I can't even imagine how heavy a six foot resin doll would be! I only stand around 5'3" myself, so this girl would be even taller than me! I think she'd be really awkward and hard to pose and dress, never mind trying to find room to display her. I wouldn't mind seeing one in person, but I think Trinities are as tall as I'm willing to go for owning one. lol
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby SetsunaKou » Mon May 16, 2016 6:07 pm

Wow!

That's incredible, but I know from experience that the 1:1 doll will scare you or at least make you do a double take.

My sis and I make plush dolls, and have made about 10-12 lifesized plush dolls.

It takes about a week to make one, and while it's being created, sitting in a chair at night, or standing in the corner, it makes you think SOMEONE is in the room! It's so weird....even though you KNOW there's a lifesized doll in the room, every time you walk in the room, you'll stop in your tracks thinking a stranger is in your room! It's not just me, but my whole family----we all 'jump' then laugh at ourselves at our reaction.

So I'd imagine it'll be the same for a lifesized BJD (or even worse).
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby K2! » Mon May 16, 2016 7:04 pm

K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Dark Angel » Mon May 16, 2016 9:42 pm

https://youtu.be/1E58DN6Z6HA

I, personally, would never own one of these. They are too big for me. Child-size is fine but adult is too big.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby victoriavictrix » Tue May 17, 2016 4:14 am

I thought for a moment, yeah sure I would love one of the giant Obitsus to use as a mannequin. But then I thought, why not just go to the fixture store and get a mannequin. A LOT cheaper.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby DollyKim » Tue May 17, 2016 5:08 am

Being short enough to treat a 70cm as a 1/2 scale I couldn't imagine going bigger.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials