Go to footer

Frozen: Queen Elsa 14" Ashton Drake Singing Doll

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

Frozen: Queen Elsa 14" Ashton Drake Singing Doll

Postby SetsunaKou » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:10 pm

My Elsa 14″ Ashton Drake LE Singing Doll just arrived yesterday! (Thank you, Mike-san!)

She’s got vinyl arms and legs and head, on a soft/stuffed torso. When you press her back right shoulder, she sings a portion of “Let It Go” (Idina Menzel). Her outfit is removable and nicely made---they used the actual ‘Elsa’ inspired fabric made for Elsa cosplay costumes (which I used for my own costume, too! YAY!) so that is super accurate! (And lined, though in dark blue rather than violet). The bodice could’ve been more accurate but it’s okay and the cape as well. She has a glued on Japanese kanekalon fiber wig in Elsa’s style which is actually pretty darn nice! Wow!

Her factory faceup was ‘okay’ but too vague and ‘blah’ for my taste, so I went ahead and completely repainted her face, eyes, lips, blushed her and gave her real eyelashes. I love her now! One of the nicest Elsa doll sculpts I’ve seen, with a proper faceup given her

The last 5 photos show her as she was from factory (before I gave her a makeover). What do you think?

After Custom Faceup:

Before Custom Faceup:
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: Frozen: Queen Elsa 14" Ashton Drake Singing Doll

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:49 pm

Given they did give her a nice sculpt, you'd've thought they could have done a better job than a face up that makes her look a bit bored and fed up. Love the one you gave her - brings the sculpt to life!
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby SetsunaKou » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:05 pm

ShortNCuddlyAm wrote:Given they did give her a nice sculpt, you'd've thought they could have done a better job than a face up that makes her look a bit bored and fed up. Love the one you gave her - brings the sculpt to life!

Thank you so much, ShortNCuddlyAm-san! I'm so happy you like her new faceup!

What's especially awful is that Bradford Exchange totally misleads the buyer with the photos they put on the site!

http://www.bradfordexchange.com/product ... -doll.html

They just paste actual movie/cgi artwork and say it's the doll! I knew it wouldn't be like they display in person, but I think it's really misleading to customers. This goes for their statues, too. I bought several and NONE look like they depict. They just put up artwork and expect you to be satisfied with the actual product that is subpar to what they advertise. :shakes head: I'm surprised they keep getting away with it. :)
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby victoriavictrix » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:25 pm

Your repaint is ever so much better than the original; you have a smile, the original has a smirk.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kirahfaye » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:27 am

It's as though the right hand and left hand don't communicate. "Let's make a really great sculpt for this doll" meets "Let's not even bother to put any thought into the faceup". It's not as though the dolls are hand painted even!

As always, you did a spectacular job! Disney should be ashamed of itself for the number of dolls they put out for sale that are "less" than they should be...... (Thinks about newest Belle dolls supposedly fashioned in the likeness of Emma Watson :roll: )
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Tam I am » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:18 pm

Wait, she was supposed to have been hand painted?

I agree, her new face is amazing, I really like it, and I'm a heathen who doesn't like 'Frozen'!
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials