Go to footer

Neon's A Doll A Day Photo Challenge - 2020

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

Re: Neon's A Doll A Day Photo Challenge - 2020

Postby neon_jellyfish » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:59 am

davidd wrote:You chose extremely well for your first Smart Doll.

First Smart Doll. I'm sure by now you understand the implications of acquiring your first Smart Doll.

I wanted multiple Smart Dolls from the very start - one of each color, plus one with port wine stain, the boys, and I still might not be done after that, what with people trying to enable me with their Kanatas or what... :lol:

I might not be getting one this year though. I splurged spectacularly on two BJDs (time-limited events will be my death), and then I'll need to get them done, plus I want to prioritize some other dolls on my wishlist.

Day 4

This should be 'the last doll of the year' post, but I got five dolls last year, and three of them arrived the same day and also ended up being the last ones, so it's kinda ridiculous... Oh well, whateverz!

"You know, if you crouched or kneeled down, you would fit into the shot."
"Or you could lift us up..."
"Um... No, thanks, I prefer not to show myself too much right now. We'll take another one when I have face. And hair. And eyes. And clothes... And maybe some shoes."

They're Azone Alvastaria Ravi - Early Summer Newspaper Reporter (I call mine Liselotte), Withdoll JWD Emma, the Elf Hunter version, and Azone Lil' Fairy Will (his name is Monty). Poor Emma is still blank. At first, I was incredibly intimidated by the idea of doing her face up. I feel like tackling that one now, but I have no money to get the supplies after buying two more BJDs, so I have to save up.
neon_jellyfish
Dolly Pardon

Postby werepuppy » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:18 am

Liselotte and Monty are doing a great job of making Withdoll Emma feel welcome. I really like the grey of her resin and am intrigued as to what you are thinking of in terms of face-up. But it's a lovely photo, and I giggled.
werepuppy
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby davidd » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:33 pm

Newspaper Reporter Ravi has a marvelous costume!
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby neon_jellyfish » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:40 am

werepuppy wrote:Liselotte and Monty are doing a great job of making Withdoll Emma feel welcome. I really like the grey of her resin and am intrigued as to what you are thinking of in terms of face-up. But it's a lovely photo, and I giggled.

They make everyone feel welcome and appreciated. I love them for that.
As for Emma's face up, the current plan is "as not-unsightly as my novice skills allow". I'm setting the bar low for my first round of face-ups. Then I'll wipe them after some time and make new ones. I have a MH head to practice on, so the first face-ups will be more or less emergency ones, so that I can photograph my girls, then they'll get better ones after I practice some more.

davidd wrote:Newspaper Reporter Ravi has a marvelous costume!

Azone clothes are so worth the price! The designs are cute and their quality is AAA, *****, 11/10!

Day 5

And onto the next 2019 review post! Usually, there are two separate prompts, one for the best catch of the year and one for all new dolls one got that year, but I got five dolls last year and they're all the best catch, so for 2019, I'm going to combine the two prompts in single photo.

Poor Emma, still so shy about the no face thing... The redhead in the front is re-wigged Pullip Elisabeth.
neon_jellyfish
Dolly Pardon

Postby werepuppy » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:58 am

I really shouldn't laugh at poor Emma, but I did. Poor Emma, she's seeming so adorable.

Remei looks a bit like a doll collector herself there, showing off the favourite pieces of her collection.
werepuppy
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby davidd » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:51 am

The way Emma is hiding her face is very funny! Poor thing!
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials