Go to footer

Neon's A Doll A Day Photo Challenge - 2020

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

Neon's A Doll A Day Photo Challenge - 2020

Postby neon_jellyfish » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:07 am

First off, a bit of context:

Last two years, davidd and I were doing the A Doll A Day photo challenge on Dolly Market forums. Last year, werepuppy joined us. We all want to do the challenge again this year, but Dolly Market is currently down and we don't know when/if it will go up, so we decided to start our challenge threads here.

The basic gist of the challenge is that you take and post a dolly photo each day. Of course, life gets in way all the time, so it is allowed to miss a few days and then catch up or take some pics in advance. But you should end up with 365 (366 this year) photos.

Now, during those previous years, we've developed some ongoing jokes and other forum-specific stuff on Dolly Market, so a lot of photos in my thread will be out of context and probably a bit awkward here, please don't let it bother you and ignore it, or, should you feel so inclined, ask!

So that's it, welcome to my A Doll A Day 2020, and if you get inspired to start your own challenge thread, I'll cheer for you!
Last edited by neon_jellyfish on Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
neon_jellyfish
Dolly Pardon

Re: Neon's A Doll A Day Photo Challenge - 2020

Dolly Market went down before I managed to post my last day, so here is Day 365 of 2019. It's the last part of story I was doing every hundred days, and I can't link to the previous ones, so yeah... It was about Grim Reaper and gravedigger, they were 'burying' the days I completed in the challenge, and ghosts kept jumping out of the graves (Ghost of Challenge Days Past and Another Ghost of Challenge Days Past), driving the gravedigger crazy. I'm mostly posting it so that people from DM who are also registered here can see the last installment. Sorry for the weirdness.

EDIT: DM is back up, so here are the links:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

“I won’t let anyone escape from MY graves. I’ll catch you and stuff you right back!”

“Excuse me, are you talking to me?”

“Whaaa! You’re already out?!”
“So it would seem. I’m Yet Another Ghost of Challenge Days Past, pleased to meet you!”

“Gosh, I wonder who’s gonna jump out of the last one…”

“That would be me!”

“Stop sulking, where else would high quality ghosts come from if not well made graves?”
“From bad ones. The purpose of a grave is to provide eternal rest to-”

“Shush! And catch! Because now…”

“...is the time to PARTY!”

“Don’t mind me, I just couldn’t let this thing end without making an appearance in the last photo.”

I used different liners for this batch, they’re a bit glossy, which I didn’t know, and it makes the inscriptions a bit hard to read…

So that’s it! My ADAD 2019 is done! But I still have more babbling to do…

First off, thank-you to all of you who commented on my posts and cheered for me during the many rough patches I hit this year! You really helped me get this done!

And a HUUUUUGE congrats and thank-you to all the wonderful lunatics who also completed/participated in the ADAD or ADAW challenge, it was so much fun doing this with all of you! Which is why I decided to… add… you to my graveyard. Hope you don’t mind :lol:

Congratulations for completing A Doll A Day, werepuppy and davidd!

(werepuppy, sorry for messing up your username, I strongly felt like there’s a capital W and forgot to check)

Congratulations for completing A Doll A Week, Alliecat, dargosmydaddy, Elfy, and Lejays17!

And (belated) Happy New Year!
Last edited by neon_jellyfish on Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
neon_jellyfish
Dolly Pardon

And here is

Day 1

“What are you doing?”
“Having a hangover...?”

"Well then, get your lovely selves a keg of bloody mary and OFF WITH YOUR HANGOVER, I need you to get started with this year's challenge NOW!”
“We beg Your Majesty's pardon? We just finished a second one in a row!”

“And you're going to finish a third one in a row. This is a leap year, people! Completing this on a leap year is special! Look, I already have a poster!”

“And there's blood on it... Again…”

“ ...What blood.”
“...Nevermind…”
“Any other questions?”
“...No…”

“Wise choice. NOW GET TO WORK!”

Welcome to ADAD 2020!
neon_jellyfish
Dolly Pardon

Postby davidd » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:54 am

What an INCREDIBLE wrap-up to an incredible year of A Doll A Day photos! You have completely outdone yourself with this!

And... we're all included! You are so sweet! Thank you! Thank you so much! And thank you for having taken part in two of these absurd daily challenges! And for jumping right in to another with nary a question or pause!

Those photos are beautiful! Not just fun, not just cute, not just funny, but each is, in itself, a beautiful work of art!

Oh my goodness! This is GLORIOUS! What a fantastic start to your A Doll A Day Project!

Leap year? LEAP YEAR?!? That means... an extra photo!

Your introductory photos have set the bar very high this time around! Indeed, are we looking at photo-story a day? Her Insane Majesty seems to have extremely high expectations. I suppose it would be well-advised not to cross her.

Very well, then. I shall see you in the trenches.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

( I am seriously sitting here all, like, über-squeeing and stuff. It is most unbecoming, I am certain... but oh, such fabulously fun and funny photos!)
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby werepuppy » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:05 pm

That is an amazing wrap up! And awww, thank you for including us all! Such a sweetheart so you are.

GOOD LUCK FOR THIS UPCOMING YEAR, MY DEAR!
werepuppy
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby neon_jellyfish » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:40 am

Many, many thanks!

Day 2

Remei is being beautiful... And nailing it!
neon_jellyfish
Dolly Pardon

Postby werepuppy » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:56 am

Remei wants all of your attention, clearly. But she really is very beautiful, so I don't think it would be too hard to share your attention with her.
werepuppy
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby davidd » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:56 am

Yeah, she's the type that causes people to drive off the road when they see her walking along the sidewalk.
When she passes each one she passes says: ahhhhh!
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby neon_jellyfish » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:12 am

werepuppy wrote:Remei wants all of your attention, clearly. But she really is very beautiful, so I don't think it would be too hard to share your attention with her.

Nah, she's not demanding at all, she's always like "if you're sad, I'll cheer you up!" I just asked her to give me some poses. ;)

davidd wrote:Yeah, she's the type that causes people to drive off the road when they see her walking along the sidewalk.
When she passes each one she passes says: ahhhhh!

Indeed! :D

Day 3

Reminiscence time! I'll be posting '2019 review' pics for a few days. Starting with the first doll of 2019!

I celebrated 10 years of doll-collecting in 2019, and I wanted to start the second decade in the hobby with a really special doll, so I got a Smart Doll. I couldn't be happier!
neon_jellyfish
Dolly Pardon

Postby davidd » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:50 am

You chose extremely well for your first Smart Doll.

First Smart Doll. I'm sure by now you understand the implications of acquiring your first Smart Doll.
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials