Go to footer

Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

Re: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020

Postby Tam I am » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:56 pm

Sock it to her.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby werepuppy » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:55 am

Tam I am wrote:Sock it to her.

Ha! Fun.

- - -

352. Sewing: Basil's Long Sleeved Top and Dunagrees

I know he's been wearing these in some pictures before, but this was outfit sewn just for little Basil here. I didn't realise till after I'd made it that it was an inadvertant Oor Wullie costume, but it suits Basil nice and he can sit down in the dunagrees well. Might remake the top, but for now, I'm liking it.
werepuppy

Postby Tam I am » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:16 pm

I wish I could sew so well, but even though I have the knowledge, I seem to lack the ability to pattern draft or something.

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am

Postby werepuppy » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:54 am

Tam I am wrote:I wish I could sew so well, but even though I have the knowledge, I seem to lack the ability to pattern draft or something.

Honestly, the truth is I used to be a terrible sewer. It's just that I keep trying and thankfully there is some improvement as I go along. It really is a case of the more you do it, the more you improve. Plus for a lot of dolls, you can find patterns online! Especially anything Barbie sized.

- - -

353. Sewing: Freya's Cloudy Dress

Yes, we're just going to have a lot of pictures of stuff I've sewed this year. This is a little dress for Freya, and it's the most basic dress shape there is, but it looks nice for her. Bright, and cheerful.
werepuppy

Postby Tam I am » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:52 pm

Dorbs little dress.

Yeah. I DO sew well, by hand. Tiny neat stitches and all that jazz. But most of my dolls aren't common sizes.

Tam I am

Postby werepuppy » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:14 am

Tam I am wrote:Dorbs little dress.

Yeah. I DO sew well, by hand. Tiny neat stitches and all that jazz. But most of my dolls aren't common sizes.

Ahhh. Hm. Well, for pattern drafting, I always start by drawing around the doll I want to make the outfit for? It helps me judge the size well - that's how I made Basil and Freya's outfits, as they're quite small and don't really fit patterns I've found easily.

- - -

354. Sewing: Merida's T-Shirt

This was inspired by the comfy princesses looks that have been popular since Ralph Breaks The Internet. The sleeves are really a bit longer than they should be, but I was working with a scrap piece of fabric, so I'm just happy it turned out pretty tidy.
werepuppy

Postby richila » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:19 pm

I always look at your posts, but didn't realize that you were doing a series of sewing posts until you mentioned it. Nice work!
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Tam I am » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:55 pm

The sleeves look fine. Better than those nasty little tight things that still sometimes show up on lady's T shirts.

Tam I am

Postby werepuppy » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:14 am

richila wrote:I always look at your posts, but didn't realize that you were doing a series of sewing posts until you mentioned it. Nice work!

Thank you! Yeah, I just ended up doing a surprising amount of sewing during lockdown, so until ... Thursday, I've got pictures of the better looking items. Or, well, the ones that look better to me.

Tam I am wrote:The sleeves look fine. Better than those nasty little tight things that still sometimes show up on lady's T shirts.

Man, I hate tight sleeves. I hate stuff that's too close in general actually. It tends to be why I always err slightly baggy on my sewing for my dolls.

- - -

355. Sewing: Mildred's Uniform

I decided to completely remake Mildred's uniform this year. So new shirt, new pinafore, and for the first time, I made her socks as well! The collar is a bit 'eh', but it was my first time properly inserting a collar so not too bad, overall.
werepuppy

Postby Tam I am » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:52 pm

Very classy, Mildred.

I hate tight clothes too. I can barely stand to sometimes wear britches.

Tam I am

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials