Go to footer

Stormlight's Doll-a-whenever-I-Post-‘em challenge 2020

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

Re: Stormlight's Doll-a-Day challenge 2020

Postby werepuppy » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:20 am

Stormlight wrote:That sucks. I wouldn’t have minded getting another Berry. She’s so cute! And yeah, Diva has her own little wardrobe but I hardly ever do anything with the poor kid. lol I have a Wing, too, but I do even less with him. He has even less clothes! Hard to find outfits to fit the Hujoo bodies. I’d let him share with Diva but I don’t think he’s into frilly colorful girly clothes.
Ash seriously needs restringing. I did restring him not that long ago, but his arms are way too tight and the rest of him is still too loose. He spends most of his time in zombie pose because his arms keep snapping up at the elbow. lol But he does get some wonderfully slouchy poses this way. And he stands really well by himself. I think his humongous feet help with that.
I do love the Model bodies though. They’re just so pretty!

Ah, yeah. Occasionally a couple pop up on eBay but I always tend to just miss out. I'm on a constanty Hujoo search, basically, LOL. Oh! If they're the same body (roughly) as Hujoo Freya then Barbie stuff works pretty easily, which means Ken stuff would work as well.

It is a lovely looking body!
werepuppy
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Stormlight » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:56 pm

I’ll have to look into the Ken clothes, although I think he’s got a thicker waist than Barbie and Wing is pretty skinny. I’ve got him in a pair of overall shorts meant for a girl right now. But they’re black so they don’t look too horrible. lol

3/3 & 3/4/2020

“What is your wish?”
Puck - Minifee Shiwoo elf

ImageWhat is Your Wish? by Thyme Willowbrook, on Flickr

Lotte - MyouDoll Big Baby Nianer

ImageLotte by Thyme Willowbrook, on Flickr
Stormlight

Postby maywong » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:40 pm

I love the elf.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby werepuppy » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:32 am

Stormlight wrote:I’ll have to look into the Ken clothes, although I think he’s got a thicker waist than Barbie and Wing is pretty skinny. I’ve got him in a pair of overall shorts meant for a girl right now. But they’re black so they don’t look too horrible. lol

Failing that, there is Bratz stuff, that would work well, but I think Mattel offerings might be the best bet for easy to get hold of clothing. I wish you all the luck!

Also: Puck looks so mischievous! I would be highly wary about telling him any wish. Lottie, as a contrast, looks very sweet and innocent and the placing of these two photos together makes me worry that Puck is going to play some tricks on this young one.
werepuppy

Postby neon_jellyfish » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:43 am

I missed so many beautiful dolls and photos! You collection is beautiful.
neon_jellyfish
Dolly Pardon

Postby Tam I am » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:22 pm

werepuppy wrote:Also: Puck looks so mischievous! I would be highly wary about telling him any wish. Lottie, as a contrast, looks very sweet and innocent and the placing of these two photos together makes me worry that Puck is going to play some tricks on this young one.

I bet Puck either loves her too much to pick on her, or she's got him running scared. Innocent little girls can do that.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am

Postby Stormlight » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:27 pm

Puck has a pretty interesting backstory. He’s something like a genie, trapped in a pendant as punishment by Oberon. Any mortal who happens upon the pendant and frees him, he must grant them wishes. Until such a time as he can figure out how to escape and end his punishment.

Yikes I keep skipping days of this. I blame my writing, too busy working on my novel to do this.

3/5 through 3/7

ImageMika by Thyme Willowbrook, on Flickr

ImageChloe by Thyme Willowbrook, on Flickr

ImageMika by Thyme Willowbrook, on Flickr
Stormlight

Postby werepuppy » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:20 am

Hope you're writing is going well.

Wow, that top one of Mika makes her look utterly stunning - not that the other doesn't, but it's a lot more of a glamour shot, if that makes sense? Chloe's wig is very cool as well!
werepuppy

Postby Stormlight » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:05 pm

Thanks! My writing is coming a lot better this week than it has in awhile. Three chapters done. I’m impressed with myself. lol It did help that I had the week off of work and absolutely no plans. Plenty of time to write instead!

3/8/2020

Summer’s turn! She’s obviously ready for spring, although we’ve been having spring practically all winter. :roll: Am not looking forward to summer this year...

Summer: “Hey!” :x

:roll: Not referring to you, dear.

ImageReady for spring! by Thyme Willowbrook, on Flickr
Stormlight

Postby neon_jellyfish » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:35 am

That black and green dress is gorgeous! And Summer has such a cute face!
neon_jellyfish
Dolly Pardon

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials