Go to footer

Photographic proof of Tam's crazy mixed up doll bunch

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

Re: Photographic proof of Tam's crazy mixed up doll bunch

Postby Tam I am » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:47 pm

Mushi is grumpy.

Cacti are... soft?
Last edited by Tam I am on Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Tam I am » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:12 pm

Finally got enough energy and compunction to upload pictures... and take more of them. Also added photos to a lot of Etsy reviews.

Wya, by Laura Hunter at Roving Ovine. She's meant for kids, but she's wonderful to hold and adorable to look at. I'll have to get a newer shot of her in her blue denim skirt sometime.

Shirley, by Megan at CraftyIntentions (the same lady that made the shroomie pattern! She crocheted this one)

Penny, the beautiful old style Kewpie of my dreams. She's a repro, this just makes me happier.

Nigela snowy owl, Rosa the Mexican doll, Lemon Drop the pony, and Heather the crochet bunny.

Mary Anne, a rebodying of the Knickerbocker Anne I lost as a 12 year old. I've been hauling her all around the house, because she feels nice.

Little Cabbage. This was the CPK that I wanted when I was a kid back in the eighties. LOL

little Angie and Martha, a Tiny Doll Baby and Original Doll Baby by Martha Nelson Thomas. The commercial version of the dolls that CPK were based on. They were sold in kit form. I bought Martha already made up and signed by her assembler, I assembled and dressed little Angie myself. I love these dolls and their quirky little faces.

Katyna, named after a friend at work. She has TINY little thread sandals.

Cool Clyde Cat needs clothes. He didn't even have his collar yet in this photo.

I finished freehand crocheting Bluette's body this morning. She has beans in her bum so she has weight and can sit.

Anna finally has clothes, and the dressmaker kindly sent me a pair of socks and shoes for her too! ...Though I recognize that pattern on the socks.

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am

Postby Tam I am » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:01 pm

Alright. Now here are the dolls that I couldn't photograph the day I posted the last ones, that arrived the evening of the day I posted the last ones, and the one that came the day after that, and the one that came yesterday. ...I'm not expecting anymore this month. I've got to say, ordering from Canada gets me things crazy fast.

Okay. Dolls

Thistle, the beautiful ichimatsu baby. I'd been wanting a doll like her for a long time, and finally found one I liked in my price range. She's got a plastic baby doll body, and it's got a crier in it that still works! She started "talking" as soon as I turned the paper wrapped box over to start opening it. She was supposed to have arrived the same day as Martha, Mary Anne, and a cute little 3D printed robot that I haven't photoed yet, but there was some mix up with the post office deciding my address didn't exist. o_O Thankfully, that was cleared up.

Image Image
Peanut Butter and Tina Turnip arrived the day after the three boxes too, I suspect, but they fit in the mailbox, so I missed them til the next day. Peanut Butter is a doll one of my little sisters had when I was a teenager, so there are memories attached to her. Tina Turnip is by PlanetGloom on Etsy. I love the expression that the artist puts on a lot of her doll's faces, so I asked her to make me a turnip that looked something like an ooblet called Radlad. Tina has found the British "naughty elf" doll, and seems to be ready to follow him around and hinder his attempts to get into trouble.

Botan the kimekomi doll. She was pretty. She caught my eye because neat construction. She is now hanging out with the Pinkie Pie army and Wolverine. I'm ready for trouble.

Tam I am

Postby Tam I am » Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:51 pm

It was a one eyed no horned baby purple people eater. One eyed no horned baby purple people eater. No wear short shorts bouncy purple people eater. Sure looked cute to me!

And she was born on hollowbean.

Tam I am

Postby Kattriella » Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:34 pm

This thing is so cute.
Kattriella

Postby Tam I am » Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:26 am

Kattriella wrote:This thing is so cute.

Thanks! I can't believe how excited I am about her. But I think she's one of two dolls I ever had a mental image of before I made it, and the first crochet one. That might have something to do with it?

Tam I am

Postby Kattriella » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:35 am

I mean, it's hard NOT to love that cute little face.
Kattriella

Postby Tam I am » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:08 pm

Thanks! :D

I've come to love smiling dolls in recent years. She's the first one I've managed to make cute.

Tam I am

Postby Tam I am » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:27 pm

Image Image

Traded a crochet mushroom baby for a 3D froggy at the market. To me, she's a doll. LOL I might make her a dress someday, we'll see.

Tam I am

Postby davidd » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:08 am

Articulated robo-frog? Okay, that's fun!
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials