Go to footer

Mystery dolls from the hoard

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

Mystery dolls from the hoard

Postby DollyKim » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:15 pm

Contestant number one is less than a foot tall and made in Hong Kong. She’s shiny from a much needed bath. Feels like the cheap hollow plastic other clones are made from.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Re: Mystery dolls from the hoard

Postby Tam I am » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:24 pm

Interesting face.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby DollyKim » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:36 pm

Contestants 2 and 2 1/2 are certainly the centaurs of attention. Otherwise I have no idea.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Tam I am » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:12 pm

Oh! These are members of the SeeWee family! Most were mermaids, but they made a deer centaur line.

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am

Postby DollyKim » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:22 am

Interesting, I still have a couple of SeaWees, their sponge disintegrated tho. I have a green tail and the yellow and white Icy pair and part of the jingle stick in my head.
For you youngins SeaWees are mermaid bath/pool dolls that came with a floating sponge they sat in.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby SetsunaKou » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:29 am

DollyKim wrote:Image
Contestants 2 and 2 1/2 are certainly the centaurs of attention. Otherwise I have no idea.

I had those! I still have the purple deer girl and baby! My sister had the fuchsia horse girl and baby. (They had deer girls and horse girls)

I think they were called 'Shimmers' from Kenner 1986-1987. I only remember the date because I bought a set for a classmate's 'Secret Santa' gift when I was in 5th grade, back in 1987. :) So that's why the date is fixed in my memory.

(And I do also recall that the classmate who got it was like.....'oh how nice....a doll...' in obvious disappointment, because in 5th grade, girls shouldn't have 'dolls' anymore! NOOO! It should be makeup and toiletries, etc. :laughs: But I still wanted dolls and I guess I thought all the girls would, too! Little did I know.....)

The ones I had were called 'Deerlene and Doette' (the purple ones).

Not sure which the yellow ones were called....but just look up 'Kenner Shimmers 1986'
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Tam I am » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:49 pm

Right. Shimmers. But still related to Seawees! XD

I bought a batch of Seawees at the thrift shop awhile back. No sponges, but one of them even still has her baby. Some of them, their hair is in lousy shape, but the pink haired pink tailed mother and the brown haired blue tailed Merry have hair in pretty good condition, other than Merry's bangs.

Man, if my parents hadn't banned me from such activities as Secret Santas, I would have LOVED to have gotten that for a gift, even in the fifth grade.

Tam I am

Postby DollyKim » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:01 pm

Contestant 3, her shoes are molded on. That's more than likely not her outfit. Around 6" or so tall.

*She has been identified as a Cheery Merry Muffin, probably the chocolate one.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Tam I am » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:26 pm

Shoes are molded on, but some people think the Muffins were more interesting than Strawberry Shortcake?

...Well, maybe when she's an old doll that's been well played with. *glances at my barefoot Berry Kids and laughs*

Tam I am

Postby DollyKim » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:17 am

But her hair is in great shape. Pretty much everything from my sister's childhood has its hair beyond ruined and/or in a braid. Unless she was part of a junk run.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials