Go to footer

Sailor Moon Cosmos 4" Acrylic Stands LE Set

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

Sailor Moon Cosmos 4" Acrylic Stands LE Set

Postby SetsunaKou » Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:25 pm

Well, my 'last' (in quotes because I can never promise myself it'll be the 'last' Hee hee...) package of 'Sailor Moon Cosmos' merchandise/dvds/blu-ray from Japan arrived yesterday!!!! Super excited about all the items in it---especially the acrylics sets!!!

They finally released a batch with all the charas included, except the Asteroid Quartet which is annoying since they were in 'Cosmos', and what about the Guardian cats?! Missing as well!! But...eh....what can you do?

Anyway, I love these--they're so beautiful, BUT I am really ticked off that poor Star Maker & Tuxedo Mask were scaled down! I guess they are too tall, so they instead made them in a smaller scale than the others! UGH!!!!! So wrong!!!! :cries: (My sister said 'See? It doesn't pay to be too tall!!!')

Their heads and bodies are MUCH smaller than all the other characters!! My favorite darling Taiki! I love him, too--such a great pose and expression, he looks so perfect...but, he's smaller than it should be and so they don't quite all 'match' scalewise. :laughs sardonically:

Especially bad for me, they also seemed to make Pluto a bit extra large! ARGH!!! Look how she dwarfs Neptune, who actually is too short. Neptune is shorter than Jupiter and the same size or a tad shorter than Venus and Mars!! They made her legs a little too short. ^^;;

Anyway, I took photos of them all together and for some (thankfully good) reason, they actually don't look that weird or different when all together!!!

In person, the two of them (Maker and Tux) are so blatantly obviously wrong and different sized, but in a bunch all together, the camera angles? or some optical illusion kind of makes it okay. You can't really tell, right?

Really weird choices they made because this was supposed to be a matching set--Maker and Tux are too small entirely (scaled down), Pluto is a little bit larger scale, and Neptune's legs are way too short. Her head and body are fine. Just her legs....

The four of them are kind of a mess in the size department!!!!
:laughs:

Attached is the pic of them all together. From this pic, you can't
really tell that Maker and Tux are a different smaller scale than the rest, can you? I am grateful to camera wide angle lenses then for the illusion of harmony!

'Cause in person, it's so bad!! :laughs:

Anyway, despite the discrepancies, it's still awesome to finally have (almost) the entire main cast in matching acrylic stands!! :D

And here is a pic where you can see better the size/ratio discrepancy between Maker and Pluto. (And everyone else. Maker and Tux are in scale with each other. Then everyone else is in scale with each other.)
Last edited by SetsunaKou on Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: Sailor Moon Cosmos 4" Acrylic Stands LE Set

Postby maywong » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:42 pm

Congrats on getting them.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Kattriella » Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:23 pm

The still look lovely, even if their sizes are a little off with each other. I'm sure the people who designed them thought that the fans wouldn't notice. (We always notice. ALWAYS.) At least when they're all together, you can position them so it looks like some of them are closer or further away from the viewer. Forced perspective can help a LOT with things like this.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby DollyKim » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:40 am

They look like they go together well enough as a group. Half the anime I see pictures of have people in all sorts of sizes.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials