Go to footer

Liv Vs. Moxie Teen

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

Liv Vs. Moxie Teen

Postby Dark Angel » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:42 pm

I bought myself a Moxie Teen Melrose and a Liv Hayden.

Post your thoughts on the dolls, and have a look at mine.

First of all, I really like the Moxie Teen doll. She is a good size and I think her hair is beautiful. I know a lot of people don't like Moxie hair, but I think it's ok. The "wig cap" for MT's is about half the size of the Liv wigs. But it has just as much hair, that feels better once it's been brushed.

Liv dolls are more posable. And for the life of me I cannot get my MT to stand by herself, with or without shoes on. Here's some pictures of the girl posing. (Also some pictures of my Sugarble Hellena <Willow> wearing their clothes)

Willow in Moxie Teen clothes- pants cut to size

Group shot- Willow in Liv clothes

Moxie Teen Melrose <Willow calls her Rapunzel>

Liv Doll Hayden <No name yet>

Standing- Liv by herself, MT against box

Sitting

Liv does the splits better

Liv knees bend a little further

Raising their hands- MT bodies have a separate piece for their bust, like obitsus.

Feet

Knees- Liv actually has one... :roll:

So Liv dolls dominate MT's when it comes to posing

But they can all still get along, right?
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Re: Liv Vs. Moxie Teen

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:47 am

All their clothes are belong to Willow (eventually, tough to say no to a girl with a scythe)

I just noticed that Moxie has scrawny-ish legs but chunky thighs(maybe its the angle). Are Liv girls painted eyes or eyeballs? I like her eyes.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby DollyKim » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:10 am

Both have eye balls. Liv Girl clothes fit Obitsu and Volks girls. I have one of each and they're nice. The only thing that puts me off with the Moxie Teen is her size.

If you're thinking of a first Liv I'd suggest look for one with stuff you want, I went with a TRU exclusive because she has drums, I've seen a scooter, and a store window with a dress dummy. Some have pets. There's a 4 doll camp out set too. Target also has exclusive dolls with two tone hair. There's plenty of wigs to be found.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:02 am

DollyKim wrote:If you're thinking of a first Liv I'd suggest look for one with stuff you want,

My first Liv would get mugged by my Gretel girls if not my Obitsu gals. :lol: I remember someone mentioned that the Liv wigs had a stump thing and is also a bit big for Obitsu?
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby richila » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:46 am

Your Liz-Hayden's eyes are really pretty.
richila

Postby DollyKim » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:49 pm

Liv wigs are way too big for 1/6 customs, and it's too big for my Orientdoll, too small for the Dollzones. The stump is hard plastic, the wig cap is soft, but the stump fits in a hole in the crown of the Liv head to keep the wig on. You might be able to take the stump off with clippers.

For 1/6 dolls it's still better to stick with the usual wig sources right now.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:43 pm

Iwa_Hoshi wrote:
DollyKim wrote:If you're thinking of a first Liv I'd suggest look for one with stuff you want,

My first Liv would get mugged by my Gretel girls if not my Obitsu gals. :lol: I remember someone mentioned that the Liv wigs had a stump thing and is also a bit big for Obitsu?

A bit big doesn't cut it in size.

I got one to put on Haruka and it looked like a hair umbrella instead of a wig. It knocked her head back. The clothes do look like they would fit her.
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime

Postby Mayonaka » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:33 am

I know the Liv wigs are great for Pukifee and Lati Yellow dolls (if you were thinking of the wigs for a bjd). >.>,,

I was thinking about maybe getting a Moxie Teen doll mostly because I saw one in the store and I kind of liked the size. (And because I was curious on if MSD clothes fit even though I doubt they do since most MSDs are pretty chunky.)
Mayonaka
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby DollyKim » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:25 pm

What size MSD? Moxies might be able to share with something small like an Orientdoll or Unoa, but something like a Dollzone I would say is at least one "size" bigger. Was just at Wal Mart and their Moxie Teenz were $22.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Mayonaka » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:25 pm

The clothes I have are Dollheart. Like I said, I was just wanting to try it out even though I doubt it would work. :lol:
Mayonaka
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials