Go to footer

Obitsu 150???

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

Re: Obitsu 150???

Postby AlmySidaKay » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:11 pm

I looked at all the photos and I sadly didn't realize the girl holding the doll... was a doll. /selfbonk
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:41 pm

victoriavictrix wrote:At the risk of repeating myself....

That 150 cm doll, 10-13 year old lifesized girl, really makes me feel very uneasy. As in, pedobait uneasy.

You'll be surprised how many mature Asian women I know are at this height...
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Postby zirconmermaid » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:57 am

If I could afford one I would get one! I have wanted one this size for a very long time. Much nicer than a regular Mannequin, and she would fit my Victorian, Edwardian and later vintage clothing. Besides, she's Kiki size!! LOL!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:49 am

Kd_Bunchanumbers wrote:
victoriavictrix wrote:At the risk of repeating myself....

That 150 cm doll, 10-13 year old lifesized girl, really makes me feel very uneasy. As in, pedobait uneasy.

You'll be surprised how many mature Asian women I know are at this height...

I'm getting the impression that VV sees the 150 in terms of body size. If an adult size Asian male of 170-175 stands next to the 150. Does 150 looks like a petite adult female or a girl of early teen
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby DollyKim » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:55 am

I'm barely 5 feet tall and a lot of Hispanic and Asian women I've seen aren't much taller than me but many of us have lady curves beyond the doll.

I can see having one of these as a clothing model, she could really help as an artist's model for getting drapery right. The only turn off for me is the Animae face, but I could make her a different head. There's been a couple of 1:1 scale "dolls" I've seen in my travels that I'd love to bring home. One is an old butler at the junk store, the other is a knight at the Excalibur hotel in Vegas.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby victoriavictrix » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:03 pm

I guess my unease is that from the pictures and the outfit this is into the "immature schoolgirl" territory...lifesized immature schoolgirl doll...urrrrrrgggggg.

Or maybe it just crosses right over into "uncanny valley" territory for me. And I am not sure why because I don't have any problem with mannequins.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Llwynog » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:30 pm

My mom is 4'-11.5" tall. Just the idea of having a doll that size unreal...like...Where the H!!! would I keep some thing that big?
Llwynog
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:38 am

AlmySidaKay wrote:I looked at all the photos and I sadly didn't realize the girl holding the doll... was a doll. /selfbonk

I think the no eyes gave that way.

I know that saying this makes me sound like a perv but...I looked up on life size silicone dolls to look at prices and "The cheapest product series of the CandyGirls dolls is with the price of only $1,383 Petit Pure." CandyGirls and other brands can go up to $7000 or more and are about the size as the Obitsu 150.
On another note you can also rent a love dolls in Japan. *shiver*
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby landwhale » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:21 am

You're right Gift. The SD sized Obitsus are similar in price to some resin dolls. It would be too expensive. At this point you might as well get the erhm.... you know service dolls. Would cost about the same. I hear they are very customizable too. I think they could be considered dolls too....AHhahah it would be funny if someone came to this forum and posted about one of those. Another problem besides the price is that it's so big I would have a hard time dressing her or putting her anywhere. My place is small...my cat would hate me and chew her legs.

Sorry if I am posting anything inapropriate. I'm not sure if I am. Please delete if anything wrong has been said.
Obitsu 27cm Meryl, Lilly, Rhea, Stacey, Llywen, Lara, Aili
BJD Peyton (Non-official sculpt Happy D.I.M.), Un-named FL Chicline Lishe
RS/BBB Li(Ziili), Wu(Ba'ul), Yao. DikaDoll Rena(Lael)
CH Bisou Pepe (Charlie), CH Junior Ren (Allen), Obitsu 60cm Gretel (Cerise)
http://invie-alamode.blogspot.com/
landwhale
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby AlmySidaKay » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:09 am

I was reading about some of the larger doll "enthusiasts" in Japan, apparently they use wheel chairs or wheel barrows to transport their dolls. At that point I'd just be saying no.
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials