Go to footer

Monster High Round Up

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

Monster High Round Up

Postby AlmySidaKay » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:01 pm

Gift and I did another photo shoot. This one is our MH dolls, my Clawdia and Coraline and her Frankie.

Frankie, Coraline & Clawdia

Clawdia Playing Scream Ball

Frankie Fearleading

Coraline Ready For Surfing

Coraline Swim Shot

Clawdia, Coraline, & Frankie
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Re: Monster High Round Up

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:20 pm

I love the last one! They're so cute together~
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby landwhale » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:00 am

Me too! I love their outfits in that last shot. Where are the clothes from? I really want a Ghoulia or a Draculara. Right now I have a Cleo de Nile. I haven't watched any of the animations though so I might fall in love with other characters if I do.

EDIT,

I have been reading bad reviews about these girls falling apart. I haven't taken my Cleo out of her box so I was wondering about your views on the durability of these guys.
Obitsu 27cm Meryl, Lilly, Rhea, Stacey, Llywen, Lara, Aili
BJD Peyton (Non-official sculpt Happy D.I.M.), Un-named FL Chicline Lishe
RS/BBB Li(Ziili), Wu(Ba'ul), Yao. DikaDoll Rena(Lael)
CH Bisou Pepe (Charlie), CH Junior Ren (Allen), Obitsu 60cm Gretel (Cerise)
http://invie-alamode.blogspot.com/
landwhale
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:01 am

I haven't had any troubles with my Wave 1 Frankie and Almy hasn't with her Gloom Beach Clawdeen or Wave 1 Lagoona. She did have a Gloom Beach Draculaura whose arm spit and what not. She stole the clothes and throw the doll away.

I watched the animations shorts before getting my girl. I wanted to get Draculaura because I liked her on the show but she wasn't at the store at Thanksgiving Day sale I went to. It was Lagoona or Frankie and I picked Frankie. I was so glad I did. I love her journal story. She's so sweet.
Gift_in_Edge

Postby AlmySidaKay » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:07 am

I pulled off Dragulaura's arm as they instructed so I could change clothing and the peg for the arm broke off, but the Clawdeen and Lagoona have been just fine. Plus Dragulauras hair was just a gross jelled up mess and the face up they did for her was rather off and even the fangs weren't painted right, she wasn't worth saving by that point. Plus with all their varied skin colors it's not like I could save Dragulaura parts for in case my Clawdeen broke an arm. In the last shot. Frankie is wearing Moxie Girl outfit, Lagoona is wearing mostly her stock outfit but a Moxie girl skirt, and Clawdeen is wearing a Moxie girl shirt with Dragulaura's swim suit and Lagoona's original pants. Shoes wise, Clawdeen is wearing the scream ball shoes, Lagoona is wearing the shoes that come with the swim suit set, and Frankie is wearing the shoes that came with Dragulaura.
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby landwhale » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:56 pm

THanks for the info Gift and Almy. That was super detailed and really useful. I find I am really drawn to the Moxie girl outfits. I will have to find some for my girls.

I was afraid that the plastic would be cheapish. I haven't opened my MH doll and now I wonder if I should. They aren't pricey as far as dolls go but i hate spending money on something that will probably break on me.
Obitsu 27cm Meryl, Lilly, Rhea, Stacey, Llywen, Lara, Aili
BJD Peyton (Non-official sculpt Happy D.I.M.), Un-named FL Chicline Lishe
RS/BBB Li(Ziili), Wu(Ba'ul), Yao. DikaDoll Rena(Lael)
CH Bisou Pepe (Charlie), CH Junior Ren (Allen), Obitsu 60cm Gretel (Cerise)
http://invie-alamode.blogspot.com/
landwhale
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby lilreeper » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:49 pm

I have every doll besides Lagoona (even Ghoulia and Hyde). I have made it a point to test each and every removable piece on each of the dolls. I haven't had a problem but I also take care to go slow with them and not to force them in a way I'm not sure they can go. I can see how they would break easily but unless you plan on changing their clothes a lot (I keep them for display only on top of my old CRT) I wouldn't worry about it. I was going to take my Draculara apart completely to take her clothes off so I could see how the body looks, and I can update after I do that if anyone's interested. I can post pictures of the pegs and write up a quick review of her.
HOME: Dollzone Yuu-1 YS (Rave) Doll Family A Shawna (Nicole) Doll Family A event head (Paul) BBB Pandora on F-Doll body (Gabrielle) BBB Rachel (Susan) D.I.M. "secret" minimee head pending body (Maria)
lilreeper
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:13 am

That would be great lilreeper! I read on someone's blog that you can buy replacement parts for the Monster High girls. The arms are only $2.50 a pair.
Gift_in_Edge

Postby lilreeper » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:46 am

I got both my Draculara and Deuce taken apart and ready to photograph... I'm only charging my camera now.
One thing to note-- I didn't remove the legs. Are they supposed to come off? I tried but couldn't get them off as easily as the arms and hands, so I gave up XD I'll probably post pics tomorrow.
HOME: Dollzone Yuu-1 YS (Rave) Doll Family A Shawna (Nicole) Doll Family A event head (Paul) BBB Pandora on F-Doll body (Gabrielle) BBB Rachel (Susan) D.I.M. "secret" minimee head pending body (Maria)
lilreeper
i see dead dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:49 am

Duece and Cleo are on here somewhere http://dolfielittles.com/mat.html and the main Encyclopedia page leads to the girl and boy pages which should have them in some group shots.

Legs don't come off to my knowledge, just hands and fore arms. I'll take hands off but not the arms so much, my patterns are designed to keep the hands on, and it's great to hear they have replacement parts as if they planned it this way... I have Deuce and Cleo, Jackson, Frankie, and just got Ghoulia yesterday. The next one I like is the fish one but I don't do much yet with the ones I have.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials