Go to footer

All My Sylvyrrs - My quest to find the perfect doll!

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

All My Sylvyrrs - My quest to find the perfect doll!

Postby PinkCow » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:33 pm

This is cross-posted to DoA, but here, I can actually show off ALL my Sylvyrrs. ;)

This thread idea was suggested to me by a friend, so I thought I would do it. ^^

Basically, I have spent the time since September of 2008 (when I first really started getting into dolls) searching for the perfect dolly representation of my original character, Sylvyrr Aborne Starr. (Syl for short.) He is a character who has existed in my roleplaying and original fiction for thirteen years now, so he's very, VERY near and dear to my heart. ^^ It was extremely vital that I had the perfect doll for him.

As a really quick bio, Sylvyrr is a 19 year old young man who lost his sight and his mother due to a plague when he was eleven. He is the only prophet of a certain goddess in the world in which the original fiction takes place, and he's actually pretty important, though he hasn't learned that yet!

Here he is as art that I commissioned from a friend:

Syl's very first form was as a teddy bear:
From Build-A-Bear. :3

His first doll self was a 27cm Volks boy:
I was so proud of him back then because I trimmed his rooted hair, did his face, and made his clothes, all on my own. I think I should get more photos of him... I still have him.

From there, he became a Taeyang:
He still remains my very, VERY favorite version of Sylvyrr--broken arm and all. Poor boy got dragged all over the place for a while. ;)

And though I didn't do this one myself, I commissioned a custom My Little Pony version of him:
I think Syl will always find this degrading. :P

After those, I had my first go at him as a BJD:
Light tan Resinsoul An, no longer mine.
Nothing felt right about this boy being Sylvyrr, so he soon moved on, and I stayed away from BJDs for a while once again.

Then came Kid Sylvyrr:
Self-dyed Bobobie Isabella head on Bao body, no longer mine.
My first dye job, this boy was a favorite of mine for a long time. He was supposed to be Sylvyrr before losing his sight. I stopped collecting tinies, however, so he also found a new home.

Much later, I tried another MSD:
Tan DollZone Megi, no longer mine.
Like RS An, nothing felt right about this boy as Sylvyrr, either, so he moved on quickly.

After that, I decided it was time for a big project:
Self-dyed DollZone Yuu, no longer mine.
My first SD sized doll and my second dye job, this boy was a HASSLE. Taking him apart and putting him back together from the dye was definitely a learning experience for me. The worst part was that his head dyed considerably darker than the rest of him. However, thanks to requesting a free faceup from the marketplace at DoA, I met a good friend through this boy!

Next came the One That Got Away:
Self-dyed Bobobie Feng, no longer mine--he's become Effigy's amazing anubis mod on DoA now!
When I saw Feng for the first time, my best friend, who was looking over my shoulder, said, "It's Sylvyrr!" I STILL regret letting this boy go, because I think he was the most huggable of all my Sylvyrrs, but I just don't care for the SD size, so he went on to bigger and better things! Thanks to him, however, I learned that Bobobie/Resinsoul was definitely the route I wanted to take with Sylvyrr as a doll.

Finally, I was almost there:
Dark tan Resinsoul Mai, no longer mine.
I decided to suck it up and request the dark tan color from Sun at Resinsoul. I picked the Mai sculpt because he looked Sylvyrr-esque in the face to me. I was very happy with this boy... until...

Resinsoul released the Perfect Sculpt:
Dark tan Resinsoul Wu, MINE. <3
Although Sylvyrr's skin color should, in theory, be more orangey than RS's dark tan, this boy is, for all intents and purposes, the perfect Sylvyrr. He's huggable, he's dark, he's MSD and he's got a face that just screams "Sylvyrr" to me! I think I've finally found him... and I'm very, VERY happy with him, too. :)

Whew! Thanks for looking at all my Sylvyrrs, everyone! <3
Last edited by PinkCow on Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PinkCow
i see dead dolliehs

Re: All My Sylvyrrs - My quest to find the perfect doll!

Postby Dark Angel » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:10 am

Wow, this is such a cool thread. It's fun to see all the different Sylvyrrs!
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby EAB » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:44 pm

It is indeed.
EAB
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby PinkCow » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:51 pm

Thank you both! I definitely had fun making this thread. :D
PinkCow
i see dead dolliehs

Postby cirquemom » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:05 am

That was fun! Thanks for posting his history. I've seen him over on DoA, of course, and noticed the white cane but didn't know for sure that he was blind. I love his "Wu" incarnation, lol!
Mary the Doll~ New book by the author of Resin Life~ now available on amazon.com :
http://www.amazon.com/Mary-Doll-Wendy-R ... 300188200/Image
cirquemom
Snarky Princess

Postby PinkCow » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:27 pm

Thanks for looking, everyone! :D He may not look like it, but Sylvyrr loves the attention. ;)
PinkCow
i see dead dolliehs

Postby richila » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:38 am

Beautiful boy! The Wu sculpt has such a beautiful mouth.
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby landwhale » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:15 pm

What a great journey. I'm glad you're settled on Wu. I absolutely love his face. I have to say I rarely ever fall for MSD boys but Wu definitely had me at first sight.
Obitsu 27cm Meryl, Lilly, Rhea, Stacey, Llywen, Lara, Aili
BJD Peyton (Non-official sculpt Happy D.I.M.), Un-named FL Chicline Lishe
RS/BBB Li(Ziili), Wu(Ba'ul), Yao. DikaDoll Rena(Lael)
CH Bisou Pepe (Charlie), CH Junior Ren (Allen), Obitsu 60cm Gretel (Cerise)
http://invie-alamode.blogspot.com/
landwhale
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Anneke » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:14 pm

Oh, this is a fantastic story! Thank you so much for sharing! i have had a similar experience re-shelling on of my OC's and I was starting to think I was NUTS to have gone through so many different dolls to find her... I am so glad to see that Im not alone :) and so happy to see the final success of your adventures!
At Home: Abernathy (VW Odette); Deathbunnie (Soom Cuprit); Lunarflare (Soom Cuprit MD); Onyxia (Soom Heliot girl); Salandria (RS Mei); Tinker Bell (Luts Ani); Zorro (CD Wong)
Waiting: Zoe Bell (WoT Violet)
Anneke
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Biff » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:12 am

This is a pretty cool. I had a 2 doll progression here with one character, which is still a bit of a work in progress.

I love seeing the progression~ I really love the WU sculpt. I can totally see the drawn face matching the ResinSoul one. :3
Biff
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials