Go to footer

My Lalaloopsys and Stuff I Made

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

My Lalaloopsys and Stuff I Made

Postby JabberwockyPie » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:43 am

I hope this is the right forum for weird miscellaneous dolls. I'm not really a BJD person, though I have friends who are, and I've been told that y'all are fine with pretty much any doll. Note: I didn't see any rules about a limit on number of photos per post, but please forgive me if I screwed up.

Lalaloopsy dolls are made by MGA Enterntainment and are about 13" tall but they really don't fit in with the 1/6 scales stuff (as you'll see in a moment). And, you know, My Little Pony aren't really dolliehs, but they have sort of this shared universe with my other dolls, so . . . whatever.

Jewel Sparkles and a tree I made just for her. Each Lalaloopsy's story is that they were made from some kind of special discarded garment or fabric and magically came to life. Jewel Sparkles was made from a princess dress.

Sunny Side Up and Applejack the pony are just hanging out. The barn is from an old Precious Moments playset that Playmates produced very briefly. Sunny Side Up is one of a pair of twins made from a farmer's overalls and gingham shirt. Since Applejack lives on an apple farm, I thought they'd be friends.

Bea Spells-A-Lot was made from a school uniform. I'm REALLY proud of how the tree turned out.

Dot Starlight was made from an astronaut's spacesuit. Here she's star-gazing with Twilight Sparkle. The mushroom was tricky to do, but I like how it turned out!

Blossom Flowerpot (made from a pair of gardener's gloves) with the very first thingy I made.

Lalaloopsy Slumber Party! From left to right: Mittens Fluff N Stuff, Crumbs Sugarcookie, and Pillow Featherbed.
JabberwockyPie
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: My Lalaloopsys and Stuff I Made

Postby Dark Angel » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:46 am

At first I didn't really like Lalaloopsys, but they are growing on me. And yours are so cute. :)
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Greyhaunt » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:08 am

OMG I WANT THAT SHEEP!!!

ahem...sorry about that - I have a thing for kawaii (cute) sheep :)
You are correct, we do allow all dolls here so you have nothing to fear! Gosh, I'm going to have to buy that one just to get that sheep hahahaha

As for where to post them - honestly I'm not that super rigid about the size categories - they are more of a guideline than a hard core rule. I'm not sure how tall these girls are, but if you wanted to post them in 1/6 or in Tinies (shorter than a barbie basically) you are more than welcome to.

Um...I think I made a few rules once upon a time and posted them in the Forum Facts area - but they mostly amount to Be Nice and Have Fun - so no worries :)
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:45 pm

I'm totally with Dark Angel, they're growing on me. :3
Your props are so cool and creative! I love how you used the buttons!
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Eseme » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:10 pm

Yay, you posted them here too!

I really like your props, and the way you get a theme going with each photo. They are so fun.
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Postby AlmySidaKay » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:31 pm

SHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPP of omg amazing cuteness! <3
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby kurosu.chan » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:26 pm

I looooooove dolls with button eyes... :)
kurosu.chan
the walls have dolliehs

Postby JabberwockyPie » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:40 am

For those who like the sheep, he (she?) comes with Pillow Featherbed. She's pretty easy to find - you'd be surprised how many stores I had to check so many times to find a few of the others. The full-sized dolls are about $20 at Wal-Mart and $22.49 at Target. I think they run about $24.99 at Toys R Us but they'll periodically have them on sale for $20.

The twins (Sunny Side Up is shown with the farm scene but I don't have a picture of her "girlier" sister, Berry Jars N Jam, posted right now - the cow is her's though) are Toys R Us exclusives and they're sold seperately for the regular single doll price or together for $44.99 (or, again, sometimes on sale). You know, if anybody's interested. I figure it's in MY best interest to get more people to buy them so that they'll make more! Right now I'm scouring stores for Patch Treasurechest. He's the first boy and, as the name suggests, he's a pirate. I'm going to have to make him a pirate ship or something.

Dark Angel wrote:At first I didn't really like Lalaloopsys, but they are growing on me. And yours are so cute. :)

kurosu.chan wrote:I looooooove dolls with button eyes... :)

Thank you both. They seem to get very polarizing reactions. It's either "ZOMG SQUEE! CUTE!" or "Ick, I'm getting flashbacks to Coraline. Buttons are creepy!" I actually didn't like or dislike them at first (they were a pretty hot Christmas toy last year) but they really grew on me with the "magical rag doll that comes to life" story because I loved that sort of thing as a kid. Each doll has a "Sewn on" date that's equivalent to her birthday. Patch's is September 19th (Talk Like A Pirate Day), Peanut Big Top (the circus themed one, though surprisingly non-creepy for a clown) has a Sewn On date of April 1st for April Fool's, Pillow Featherbed is January 3rd which is apparently "Festival of Sleep Day", and so on.

If anybody is interested, the Lalaloopsy site is here and the backdrops and houses inspired some of the items I've made or am making. http://www.lalaloopsy.com/?section=meet

I really love doing these. I tend to be much too rigid and I get antsy if I don't have something to do with my hands, so these are a nice, fun way of practicing loosening up and just going with the flow.

ETA: I should probably add that the chaise lounge in the Slumber Party picture is from the Pullip Petit Luxury line and it works with "normal" 1/6 scale dolls quite nicely, too. In my world it belongs to Jewel Sparkles. I think it fits with her Pretty Princess style.
JabberwockyPie
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby AlmySidaKay » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:35 am

I actually have a few of the mini ones they are great for 1/6 sized girls. <3 I'm totally a fan! :D
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby EAB » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:19 pm

These are so cute, and I love all the things you've made.
What a bright, happy world you have for them.
EAB
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials