Go to footer

American Girl Dolls

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

Re: American Girl Dolls

Postby fieraentara » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:53 pm

I've been looking a bit at garage sales and such, but no luck yet. Hubby isn't to keen on me spending more than $5-$10 for one, mostly because I want to sew clothing for them. I know a few women I work with have girls who still play with the AG dolls and had expressed interest in some custom clothing. I'll have to check Target for the knockoffs and such... :)
Home: Maiya, Melody, Gwen, Damien, Lokee, Emma, Seth, Toby, Lily, "Jake", Frankie
fieraentara
i see dead dolliehs

Postby durianbom » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:15 pm

famedglory wrote:
durianbom wrote:I never had an American Girl doll before, are they really that awesome?

I don't know if I would consider them that awesome if I saw them for the first time now, but I have a deep love for them as they were like my entire childhood. I have a Felicity and Kirsten and my sister has a Samantha all from the early 90s with most of their clothing and all of their books. They're all in storage at my mother's house, waiting for us to have kids to play with them.

I did pull out the armchairs I had for them which have now been adopted by Taavi since most AG props are a really good size for 1/3 sized dolls.

Huh. I remember when I was little I hated those dolls. Guess I was just that kind of child :? .
durianbom
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby famedglory » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:01 am

durianbom wrote:
famedglory wrote:
durianbom wrote:I never had an American Girl doll before, are they really that awesome?

I don't know if I would consider them that awesome if I saw them for the first time now, but I have a deep love for them as they were like my entire childhood. I have a Felicity and Kirsten and my sister has a Samantha all from the early 90s with most of their clothing and all of their books. They're all in storage at my mother's house, waiting for us to have kids to play with them.

I did pull out the armchairs I had for them which have now been adopted by Taavi since most AG props are a really good size for 1/3 sized dolls.

Huh. I remember when I was little I hated those dolls. Guess I was just that kind of child :? .

I think it was more the stories that made me love the dolls. I really just wanted to be the characters. As a result I spent a lot of time pretending to be strong willed revolutionary or a brave pioneer in a new country. All in all not bad role models for an impressionable kid. Looking back on it most of the fun I had with them didn't directly involve the actual doll.
famedglory
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials