Go to footer

American Girl Dolls

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

American Girl Dolls

Postby fieraentara » Fri May 20, 2011 8:35 am

Ok so I just wondered if anyone still had these dolls and where in the world I can find one for pretty cheap? Also if you have pictures please please show them and post which one they are. :) Thanks bunches!
Home: Maiya, Melody, Gwen, Damien, Lokee, Emma, Seth, Toby, Lily, "Jake", Frankie
fieraentara
i see dead dolliehs

Re: American Girl Dolls

Postby AlmySidaKay » Fri May 20, 2011 9:10 am

Garage sales, they can be super cheap there! (I don't have one but that's where Gift_in_Edge got her)
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby Lokiholic » Fri May 20, 2011 9:20 am

I have a Samantha, but she's in storage right now. She has been retired, which I think is sad. I liked her story.

Garage sales are probably the best bet. eBay didn't look to promising when I did a cursory search.
Lokiholic
Dolly Pardon

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Fri May 20, 2011 11:09 am

I have Josefina. I think she is the prettiest of them all. I got her at a friend's yard sale when I was younger. I had been dying to get a American Girl doll for a long time. She even throw in a few outfits for me. :3
Here's my pictures I took of her in the snow last winter(2010).
ImageImageImage
Enjoy~!
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Pandor » Fri May 20, 2011 4:27 pm

I have a Molly in storage, I've been pondering what to do with her for years now. *ponders more*

I third garage sales, also maybe thrift shops/second-hand stores. (Ebay wants a king's ransom for AG dolls. XD)
Pandor
the walls have dolliehs

Postby fieraentara » Fri May 20, 2011 10:21 pm

Thanks guys :) Ya I'll probably start checking sales, though we don't get a whole lot around here :( I've secretly loved them and actually never seen one in person. Sillyhubby saw me looking at them and though he doesn't like them he just ignores me Lol. If you guys find any at all let me know. :)
Home: Maiya, Melody, Gwen, Damien, Lokee, Emma, Seth, Toby, Lily, "Jake", Frankie
fieraentara
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Fri May 20, 2011 10:48 pm

Also try your local craig's list. :)
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby CloakedSchemer » Fri May 20, 2011 11:28 pm

I have Samantha [original from 1991] , Felicity [original from 1993] and a blond/grey eyed girl of today from around 1994-95. But they are at my parents' house. Still have their original outfits and books too!
Amir~ Loki~ Hansel~ Mikko~ Parker~ Maddox~ Mike~ Kane~ Parker~ Blake~ Zack~ Matt~ Erik~ Axl~ Jayson~ Mige~ Kaid~ Heath~ Ay~ Nakhtmin~ Titus~ Mithra~ Spike~ Indy~ Xerxes~ Ryan~ Billie
CloakedSchemer
dolliehs are watching me O.O;

Postby fieraentara » Sat May 21, 2011 8:28 am

Oh craiglist.... that may work Lol.

I was looking at their site and I think I've fallen in love with Josefina (i hope that's spelled right). But they all are so cute, Sillyhubby says it's the teefers that scare him, but in my opinion that's what makes them cute. :)
fieraentara
i see dead dolliehs

Postby SillyLilPuppet » Thu May 26, 2011 6:25 pm

Between me and my gram we have Josefina, Molly, Felicity, Kaya, and a very old Samantha from when they first started making the American Girl collection, plus a few dolls of the same size and similar make. Josefina, Felicity, and Kit look like the prettiest ones to me. And yeah, check Craigslist and yard sales. You can also find similar ones at Target and some craft stores but they're not always as cute, and I think Walmart or Toys R Us now has Madame Alexander dolls of the same scale which are actually pretty and nicely made, being Madame Alexander. You could even try the ShopGoodwill.com auctions, they might have some for cheap.
<>My Tumblr<>My Etsy<>Come chat!<>
Too many dolls, I give up.
SillyLilPuppet
Dolly Pardon

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials