Go to footer

American Girl Dolls

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

Re: American Girl Dolls

Postby OutBriefCandle » Sun May 29, 2011 10:07 pm

I just brought my Felicity out of the basement, actually! My sister's Kirstin is still down there, both old girls from the pre-Mattel days. Yeah, E-bay might not be the best bet because those dolls were expensive new, and the prices for the retired ones will probably be going up. It probably depends on if you want a particular doll. See if there's any antique stores around you, church fleamarkets over the summer, things like that? I just found Felicity's writing chair at an antique store for a great price. Maybe if you talk to the people running them, or running the antique stores they could let you know if they've seen one?
Ryo - DIM Real (NS)
Ariel - BBB Sprite (Blue)
Peaseblossom - BBB Ariel (Lilac)
Bast - Fairyland MNF Woosoo Vamp (WS)
Bernadette - Hujoo Berry (Apricot)
Mustardseed - Realpuki Tyni (NS)
Dove - BBB Pixie (Chocolate)
Loki - Hujoo Jake
Monster High Toralei
Monster High Clawd Wolf
Perneth - RS Pixiu (Sky Blue)
OutBriefCandle
Dolly Pardon

Postby fieraentara » Mon May 30, 2011 12:23 pm

I'm going to be checking the local antique store and see if I can find any there but they normally jack the prices up something horrible. :( I think my best bet is going to be garage sales and such. :)
Home: Maiya, Melody, Gwen, Damien, Lokee, Emma, Seth, Toby, Lily, "Jake", Frankie
fieraentara
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:17 pm

I have five American Girl dolls. Molly, Emily, Julie, Kirsten and Samantha. Kirsten was used (a thrift store rescue. My aunt got her for me for twenty bucks.) And I got Samantha the year she was being Archived.
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Kayota » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:38 am

I have Samantha and Kaya and I'm pretty interested in selling them if you're interested in buying. I'm not sure how much they're worth but I'm willing to let them go for cheap--PM me?
Kayota
i see dead dolliehs

Postby durianbom » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:50 pm

I never had an American Girl doll before, are they really that awesome?
durianbom
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby famedglory » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:48 am

durianbom wrote:I never had an American Girl doll before, are they really that awesome?

I don't know if I would consider them that awesome if I saw them for the first time now, but I have a deep love for them as they were like my entire childhood. I have a Felicity and Kirsten and my sister has a Samantha all from the early 90s with most of their clothing and all of their books. They're all in storage at my mother's house, waiting for us to have kids to play with them.

I did pull out the armchairs I had for them which have now been adopted by Taavi since most AG props are a really good size for 1/3 sized dolls.
famedglory
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby landwhale » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:40 am

As a kid Samantha was always my favorite. Sad to hear she was retired. They were always too expensive to even bring the subject up with my parents but I really enjoyed looking at the catalog.

I've since lost interest in them but I do appreciate the awesome props they have available. (I still think they are too expensive lol)
Obitsu 27cm Meryl, Lilly, Rhea, Stacey, Llywen, Lara, Aili
BJD Peyton (Non-official sculpt Happy D.I.M.), Un-named FL Chicline Lishe
RS/BBB Li(Ziili), Wu(Ba'ul), Yao. DikaDoll Rena(Lael)
CH Bisou Pepe (Charlie), CH Junior Ren (Allen), Obitsu 60cm Gretel (Cerise)
http://invie-alamode.blogspot.com/
landwhale
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby quidam » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:55 pm

I don't know if you're dead set on the brand, but if you have a Tuesday Morning store around you, they sometimes get in Gotz dolls. They are a bit related, and if I remember correctly Gotz made the first AGs.
I have a Gotz and I have a friend with an AG, and have to say that the Gotz is much sturdier and better made. I got my girl at TM for $20 after waiting patiently for the clearance to kick in. Even when they first get them in they are under $100, which is an absolute steal for the brand. They get in shipment a couple of times a year.

I also noticed today that Target has a knock-off brand that looks fairly similar to the real deal. They also have some lovely horses for her. I think that the dolls were around $30.
Caretaker of the Axelsen household: Aria, Annica, Aubrey, Azalea, Asher, Amelia, Alantril, Arivan, and Angora
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:21 pm

quidam wrote:I also noticed today that Target has a knock-off brand that looks fairly similar to the real deal. They also have some lovely horses for her. I think that the dolls were around $30.

I like Target's doll accessories but the dolls themselves are little...er...walleyed?
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby quidam » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:42 am

Gift_in_Edge wrote:I like Target's doll accessories but the dolls themselves are little...er...walleyed?

Lol! That's quite possible! I readily admit that I had more interest in the horses for them than the dolls themselves, so I didn't look too closely at them!
Caretaker of the Axelsen household: Aria, Annica, Aubrey, Azalea, Asher, Amelia, Alantril, Arivan, and Angora
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials