Go to footer

1/1 scale hybrid BJDs

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

1/1 scale hybrid BJDs

Postby theodoric » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:25 pm

I dont know how many in here are familiar with Master Piece Dolls ... the company is American, but it looks like their artists are German

http://www.masterpiecedolls.com/

for the age range of the dolls they are making (children) ... these are essentially full sized children ... hence 1/1 scale

the sizes of the BJD's they make range from 32" - 48" ... 81.3cm - 121.9cm

their business model seems to be LE's only (most of what I saw listed as amounts was 350 of each doll) .... using a pattern of ... post pics of the next series, and take orders ... then produce the dolls for delivery a few months later (May orders beinf delivered in Aug) .... and they only seem to produce two series of dolls per year

in this post I'll cover one of the dolls that will be delivered in Aug .... (I'll cover a few more of their dolls in following posts)

Alice in Wonderland (Alice im Wunderland) by Monika Peter-Leicht

Alice in Wonderland is a look and theme that collectors love to add to their collection. She is one of those special characters that captures our heart. One look at this doll and you can see how beautiful she looks. Monika Peter-Leicht has now decided to sculpt a smaller version of Alice in the 32" (81.3cm) size with full body sculpt. The new Alice has a unique adorable face with four small upper teeth, pretty blue eyes, ball jointed legs and silicone/vinyl non jointed arms. Her pretty blue dress is accented with a combination of black and white checked hearts and tiny white hearts as well. She is wearing a white pinafore with an eyelet-laced edge and tied with a big bow in back. Her very long blonde hair has soft curls in it and she is wearing a black ribbon tied on the top of her head. She also has on white socks with an eyelet edge and black patent leather shoes with a black bow.

Last edited by theodoric on Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
theodoric
BANNED

Re: 1/1 scale hybrid BJDs

Postby theodoric » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:29 pm

Little Red Riding Hood (Rotkäppchen) by Monika Levenig

For those who love the large dolls, Little Red Riding Hood by Monika Levenig at 48" (121.9cm) in vinyl is the largest ball jointed full body sculpt that we have ever done. Monika sculpted all new parts for this incredible new doll with ball joints at the elbows and knees and joints at her wrists. She can be posed seated and also standing. She has pretty blue eyes and very long dark brown hair. Her hair in soft curls reaches about 8-10" below her waist. She looks just like one would imagine as they read the story of Red Riding Hood.

Little Red Riding Hood is Monika's first story book doll. Monika wanted to pick a theme that everyone would know from childhood. She has dressed her in red and black. Her red hat is made with a beautiful quality velvet. Her coordinating vest is black velvet lined with red material. The blouse is embroidered with a tiny heart and flower design. The dirndl red skirt is accented with a self ruffle and three rows of interesting trim. She also has on a white slip with the lace showing below her red skirt. She is carrying a woven basket to Grandmother's house. She comes with a wooden doll stand.

the last pic in this post gives you an idea of just how big these dolls are
theodoric
BANNED

Postby theodoric » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:33 pm

Pippina by Monika Peter-Leicht

Pippina is Monika's first red headed girl in the 46" (116.8cm) vinyl size doll. She has eleven joints so she can both sit and stand. She even has joints at the wrist so you can give her hands different positions. Everyone loves this large size since it will be easy to find regular children's clothing to fit her. Pippina has pretty green eyes and applied upper and lower lashes.

Monika has sculpted her with a great smile. A doll that smiles always makes you want to smile. Her long red curls can be styled in many ways so you will have fun giving her different looks.

Monika has dressed her in a cute outfit of sky blue and white. Both her shoes and her blue vest are accented with small white flowers that look like daisies. She has on a cute skirt with four blue floral printed ruffles. She comes with a doll stand.

theodoric
BANNED

Postby theodoric » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:37 pm

Cinderella (Aschenputtel) Monika Levenig

The story book series by Monika Levenig is a very special group of four dolls. The first in the series was Red Riding Hood. Cinderella, Ht 48" (121.9cm), a full body vinyl sculpt with eleven joints is the largest size that Monika has created. She can sit or stand.

Monika writes, "She has a very pretty and happy, smiling face as she is looking forward to seeing her Prince. Her eyes are green and her hair is blonde with very long soft curls."

The theme and look of Cinderella's outfit is based on the classic Grimm's Fairy Tale. In the story, Cinderella is friends with the white turtle doves who spin her three beautiful dresses of silver and gold so she can go to the dances put on by the King who is looking for a lovely bride for his son, the Prince. For the third, and final dress, the slippers were made of gold and Cinderella left one golden slipper on the stairs as she left the ball. It was that golden slipper in the original version that the Prince took around to find his true love.

theodoric
BANNED

Postby DollyKim » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:32 pm

There's something "off" about them, maybe they're somewhere in Uncanny Valley. The faces seem more adult, long in the sinus cavity, than the body like they're little people with a growth difference instead of children.

I'd love to have a life sized doll to dress up some day.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby theodoric » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:25 pm

DollyKim wrote:There's something "off" about them, maybe they're somewhere in Uncanny Valley. The faces seem more adult, long in the sinus cavity, than the body like they're little people with a growth difference instead of children.

oh ok ... I'm not an artist, so I couldnt analyze the images ... to me they look like children

the first one I showed ... "Alice" ... has the same style of face I remember from the dolls my sister had back in the early 1960's

and the others are of the style I got used to seeing when I was living in Germany back in the 80's

to me they didnt seem "off" or anything
theodoric
BANNED

Postby Greyhaunt » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:42 pm

The heads are child proportion, I'm thinking they look based on illustrations perhaps because they have a stylized look to them that reminds me of illustrations in old german children's books I had growing up.
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby SillyLilPuppet » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:59 pm

Pippina is the one that strikes me as looking most like a real child, the others are a bit stylized. These remind me quite a bit of some of the vintage children dolls my gram has, Patti Playpal types that wear real children's clothing (one of my Christmas frocks is on a four foot tall Shirley Temple)
<>My Tumblr<>My Etsy<>Come chat!<>
Too many dolls, I give up.
SillyLilPuppet
Dolly Pardon

Postby Evelien » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:17 pm

Pippina actually scares me a bit, she reminds me of those 4 year old pageant girls.. *shudder*

You collect these dolls Theo? :)
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby theodoric » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:39 pm

Greyhaunt wrote:The heads are child proportion, I'm thinking they look based on illustrations perhaps because they have a stylized look to them that reminds me of illustrations in old german children's books I had growing up.

ok ... that makes a LOT of sense ... especially since the artists are both German (I think) ... and now that you mention it, I can think back to old fairy tales books from Germany ... like original Grimm's stories with original artwork ... and see the style you are talking about :)

SillyLilPuppet wrote:Pippina is the one that strikes me as looking most like a real child, the others are a bit stylized. These remind me quite a bit of some of the vintage children dolls my gram has, Patti Playpal types that wear real children's clothing (one of my Christmas frocks is on a four foot tall Shirley Temple)

Evelien wrote:Pippina actually scares me a bit, she reminds me of those 4 year old pageant girls.. *shudder*

ok ... I can see that ... like that one that got murdered (I cant remember her name) ... the over done cheesy smile .. the over elaborate outfit and hair do ... the "too perfect" look
... I remember the pics of her that got pasted all over the news and the press ............ yeah I can see the similarities ..... and that IS a bit scary

Evelien wrote:You collect these dolls Theo? :)

no ... I just found them listed on another doll forum and after I saw the size range they were made in ... I thought people in here might find them interesting :)

my Mio is my one and only :D
theodoric
BANNED

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials