Go to footer

1/1 scale hybrid BJDs

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

Re: 1/1 scale hybrid BJDs

Postby SillyLilPuppet » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:15 pm

Jon Benet Ramsey is the girl you're thinking of. My mother watches those "Toddlers in Tiaras" shows sometimes and yes now these dolls remind me of that D: I think its that they look just a bit too perfect to be real children.

If it weren't for the faces not being my taste, these dolls would actually be pretty cool to have. I desperately want a Dollmore Lusion girl, and I"m assuming her to be somewhat smaller but similar to these. A beautiful little girl doll like the ones my grandmother collects, with the poseability and customization of a bjd.... She'd be gorgeous in vintage and Victorian children's clothing.
<>My Tumblr<>My Etsy<>Come chat!<>
Too many dolls, I give up.
SillyLilPuppet
Dolly Pardon

Postby 1/6andtinylover » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:43 pm

I actually like the Little Red Riding hood. Maybe it's because the black and red combination because I like those colors? XD
The ever growing wishlist: Hujoo Dana, Obitsu 40, and an army of other Obitsus with anime style heads.
The more expensive end of my wishtlist: Limhwa Half Elf and Elfdoll Soah, my dream dolls.
Dolls @ home: Elodie Tarte (YuHao Tart)
1/6andtinylover
the walls have dolliehs

Postby theodoric » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:29 pm

SillyLilPuppet wrote:Jon Benet Ramsey is the girl you're thinking of. My mother watches those "Toddlers in Tiaras" shows sometimes and yes now these dolls remind me of that D: I think its that they look just a bit too perfect to be real children.

now that you mention her name, yeah, she was the one I was remembering

and from what I have seen ... when it comes to "child like" looking dolls ... I havent really seen any from any of the American or European dollmakers that actually look like real children to me, they all seem too stylized

the ones I have seen that are VERY realistic looking "children" dolls all come out of Asia (realistic looking without looking "too perfect") ... mostly Japan and Korea

SillyLilPuppet wrote:If it weren't for the faces not being my taste, these dolls would actually be pretty cool to have. I desperately want a Dollmore Lusion girl, and I"m assuming her to be somewhat smaller but similar to these. A beautiful little girl doll like the ones my grandmother collects, with the poseability and customization of a bjd.... She'd be gorgeous in vintage and Victorian children's clothing.

the Dollmore Lusion's ARE gorgeous ... and can be considered a 1/1 scale child sized bjd .... they are an 80cm doll (31.5 inches) ... which is very realistic for a small child

1/6andtinylover wrote:I actually like the Little Red Riding hood. Maybe it's because the black and red combination because I like those colors? XD

that's cool :) ..... the one I liked best, I didnt post ... LOL I tried not to post too many all at the start

this was the one I actually liked the best out of the ones they produced

Rapunzel (Grimm's Fairy Tale) by Monika Peter-Leicht

"Rapunzel, Rapunzel, Let down your hair " is part of the Grimm's Fairy Tale legend from 1812. So as the story goes Rapunzel had such long hair that the prince could climb the tower to see her using Rapunzel's long blonde tresses as a ladder. She is the third in Monika's Fairy Tale series.

Monika Peter- Leicht has created her beautiful 42" (106.7cm) size vinyl version of Rapunzel with eleven joints and green eyes. She is able to both sit and stand. The face is charming and the hair is long and luxurious. The long blonde hair actually reaches her feet. We have never before created a wig that long for such a tall doll. She is truly a breath taking beauty. You will be surprised when you get her in your home.

In addition to the incredible hair, Rapunzel is wearing a romantic period style outfit. She has on a white shirt with gold braid accents just above the elbow and on her cuffs. The vest and skirt are done in tones of pink with inset eyelet material. The vest is trimmed with gold braid to coordinate with her blouse. There is pretty ruching on the vest and the skirt. She also has on pantaloons and gold tone ballet slippers. She has pearls in the braid on top of her head and a gold bow in back. Rapunzel comes with a wooden doll stand. In addition, if you would like her to be matched with her Prince. Monika has created the Prince for the November group as well.

though if I was going to get a child doll in that size range I would choose one of the Japanese made ones
theodoric
BANNED

Postby 1/6andtinylover » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:41 pm

Hm....I don't know about the face, but the dress is very pretty. *right clicks and saves* Maybe it will come in handy for future uses when I get a girly dollieh...
The ever growing wishlist: Hujoo Dana, Obitsu 40, and an army of other Obitsus with anime style heads.
The more expensive end of my wishtlist: Limhwa Half Elf and Elfdoll Soah, my dream dolls.
Dolls @ home: Elodie Tarte (YuHao Tart)
1/6andtinylover
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Dark Angel » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:42 pm

I actually kind of like "Aladdin's Princess Halima"

Lol and they are a LOT more affordable than Dollmore Lusion. (my dream doll)
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Evelien » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:09 am

theodoric wrote:
Evelien wrote:Pippina actually scares me a bit, she reminds me of those 4 year old pageant girls.. *shudder*

ok ... I can see that ... like that one that got murdered (I cant remember her name) ... the over done cheesy smile .. the over elaborate outfit and hair do ... the "too perfect" look
... I remember the pics of her that got pasted all over the news and the press ............ yeah I can see the similarities ..... and that IS a bit scary

Uh oh, I wasn't talking about a pageant girl in particular, I was talking about the cheesy smile that reminded me of those pageants in general, I didn't even know one of them got murdered. O.o
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby theodoric » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:18 am

Dark Angel wrote:I actually kind of like "Aladdin's Princess Halima"

Lol and they are a LOT more affordable than Dollmore Lusion. (my dream doll)

yeah they are ... all the prices I was seeing were under $300 .... whereas a Lusion starts at $1300

and for those who might not have gone to the site to look at all the dolls Master Piece dolls makes ...

Aladdin's Princess Halima

Princess Halima, the Sultan's daughter in Grimm's Fairy Tale of The Adventures of Aladdin is Monika Peter-Leicht's final doll in her Fairy Tale series. Monika appreciates the incredible response from her collectors when introducing Alice, Snow White, Rapunzel and her Prince in this same series.

She has now sculpted a magnificent beauty in a deeper skin tone with black hair and pretty brown eyes. She is 42" tall and a full body sculpt with eleven joints. She has ball joints in the elbows and knees so she can sit or stand. She also has joints at the wrist so you can position her hands in different poses.

Evelien wrote:
theodoric wrote:ok ... I can see that ... like that one that got murdered (I cant remember her name) ... the over done cheesy smile .. the over elaborate outfit and hair do ... the "too perfect" look
... I remember the pics of her that got pasted all over the news and the press ............ yeah I can see the similarities ..... and that IS a bit scary

Uh oh, I wasn't talking about a pageant girl in particular, I was talking about the cheesy smile that reminded me of those pageants in general, I didn't even know one of them got murdered. O.o

looking at where you live :) ... I can understand why you might not be familiar with that case ... especially if you dont qualify as one of us "older people" :P
... it happened 15 years ago, she died December 25, 1996 (aged 6) ... over here it was a HUGE story that even after the initial shock faded out the "tabloid media" kept it alive by every so often publishing ever more strange stories and theories and "proofs" of who did it ... what made the whole case so sad was the way the police completely botched the entire investigation at every level, and as a result the case was never solved
... there is a retired FBI agent who claims that HE solved the case ... and says her dad killed ker, and her mom knew it but took the secret with her to her grave ... this retired FBI agent has a website posting a $50,000 reward if anyone can prove him wrong ... knowing that there is no way anyone can because the original investigation was botched so badly
theodoric
BANNED

Postby AlmySidaKay » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:50 am

I actually got to see and hold a Lusion girl in person at a recent doll meet. They are reaaaally heavy! They actually weigh about the same as a 2 year old child. The woman who owned her had bought a basic and a sleeping face for her, and the sleeping head almost looked like a small bowling ball. They actually have the body of about an 8 year old scaled down they aren't nearly as childlike in the body as you'd expect.

Here is a photo of one of the other women from the meet holding her so you can see her size.

A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby theodoric » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:53 am

AlmySidaKay wrote: ... They actually have the body of about an 8 year old scaled down they aren't nearly as childlike in the body as you'd expect.

ok ... I see what you mean .... for the height of a Lusion (80cm) ... that would be about right for a 1 1/2 - 2 yr old ... and a child of that age would be much "rounder" in appearance because they are still at the infant stage

whereas when you get up to the 42"-48" range of the Master Piece dolls ... you are getting into the average height range for kids in the 4-8 yr old age group ... which gives them a slimmer body shape

it looks like the Master Piece dolls body shape is about right for a child of the age range that their height matches up with

so for example the "Rapunzel" or "Halima" at 42" ... that body shape is about right for a 4 yr old ... and the face still has some of the "roundness" of a toddler age child
.... where the "Pippina" .. "Cinderella" .. and Red Riding Hood ... at 46"-48" have about the right slimmer shape for a 6-8 yr old, with faces that are becoming more "defined" instead of the more generic "baby" type of face
Last edited by theodoric on Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theodoric
BANNED

Postby Evelien » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:35 pm

theodoric wrote:looking at where you live :) ... I can understand why you might not be familiar with that case ... especially if you dont qualify as one of us "older people" :P
... it happened 15 years ago, she died December 25, 1996 (aged 6)

Haha I don't know how old you are, but I'm 28, so in 1996 I would have been 13, but yeah, I think I only would have known about the case if I were an American citizen ;).
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials