Go to footer

1/1 scale hybrid BJDs

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

Re: 1/1 scale hybrid BJDs

Postby theodoric » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:06 pm

Evelien wrote:
theodoric wrote:looking at where you live :) ... I can understand why you might not be familiar with that case ... especially if you dont qualify as one of us "older people" :P
... it happened 15 years ago, she died December 25, 1996 (aged 6)

Haha I don't know how old you are, but I'm 28, so in 1996 I would have been 13, but yeah, I think I only would have known about the case if I were an American citizen ;).

ahhhh ok ... a sweet young thing :D

I just turned 57 :roll: ..................... :mrgreen:

I was not trying to insult when I had mentioned about age ... I hope you did not take offense :)
theodoric
BANNED

Postby Evelien » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:11 pm

Oooh no I didn't, don't worry :D
But even though I was only 13 at the time, I just know that I would have known about it if I were American, cause the same year (1996) we had the *Marc Dutroux scandal (well, it was in Belgium really, but it was big news in the Netherlands as well) and I was completely aware of that going on as well.

*Marc Dutroux kidnapped and abused many young girls. Most of them died from starvation eventually, I think only two survived.
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby theodoric » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:28 pm

Evelien wrote:Oooh no I didn't, don't worry :D

I'm glad :D

Evelien wrote:But even though I was only 13 at the time, I just know that I would have known about it if I were American, cause the same year (1996) we had the *Marc Dutroux scandal (well, it was in Belgium really, but it was big news in the Netherlands as well) and I was completely aware of that going on as well.

*Marc Dutroux kidnapped and abused many young girls. Most of them died from starvation eventually, I think only two survived.

I agree :) ... if you had been over here I have no doubt that you would have been well aware of it ........ and it is a very sad thing that there are people like Marc all over the world
theodoric
BANNED

Postby DollyKim » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:58 am

Let's try to keep it on dolls.

I'm curious if the doll maker is basing the faces on anyone in particular like their kids or themself? They look somewhat alike to me.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby theodoric » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:25 am

DollyKim wrote:I'm curious if the doll maker is basing the faces on anyone in particular like their kids or themself? They look somewhat alike to me.

Greyhaunt noticed the same thing right after I had started this thread :) ... this is what she said, and what I had replied:
theodoric wrote:
Greyhaunt wrote:The heads are child proportion, I'm thinking they look based on illustrations perhaps because they have a stylized look to them that reminds me of illustrations in old german children's books I had growing up.

ok ... that makes a LOT of sense ... especially since the artists are both German (I think) ... and now that you mention it, I can think back to old fairy tales books from Germany ... like original Grimm's stories with original artwork ... and see the style you are talking about :)

as for the dolls that are not fairy tale based ... to me ... most of them have the same generic style faces I can remember seeing on dolls my sister had back in the early 1960's ... and I can see the same style faces in discussions of old collectable classic dolls in magazines like Doll Reader
theodoric
BANNED

Postby SillyLilPuppet » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:01 pm

Haha, finally realized what dolls they remind me of, the Rapunzel looks a LOT like the Magic Attic Club Allison! They have the same shaped faces and similar bodies and clothing o.O I wonder if they're somehow involved with each other, as Magic Attic has been off the market for a while.
<>My Tumblr<>My Etsy<>Come chat!<>
Too many dolls, I give up.
SillyLilPuppet
Dolly Pardon

Postby theodoric » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:11 pm

SillyLilPuppet wrote:Haha, finally realized what dolls they remind me of, the Rapunzel looks a LOT like the Magic Attic Club Allison! They have the same shaped faces and similar bodies and clothing o.O I wonder if they're somehow involved with each other, as Magic Attic has been off the market for a while.

hmmm ... now that is interesting 8-)

what can you tell me about "Magic Attic Club" ? ... was that a brand ? .. a series ? a doll maker ? .... and if it was it's own brand, do you know what country it was from ?

Master Piece Dolls lists their business address as Providence, Rhode Island ... but on their site you can see vids of their dolls in German ... and it looks like both their design artists are German

you have me curious now 8-)
theodoric
BANNED

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:04 pm

I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby theodoric » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:13 pm

Gift_in_Edge wrote:I think I like Mariza best. http://www.dollmarket.com/browse.cfm/ma ... 47399.html

ahhhh ok :)

I can guess they are a distributor who ordered some of the series that are currently being produced ... because ordering from Master Piece direct for this production cycle ended on May 25th

I am guessing that since the current production run is supposed to be delivered in August ........ that in September or October they will post the next series, take orders in October or November ... for delivery in January or February
theodoric
BANNED

Postby theodoric » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:19 pm

SillyLilPuppet wrote:Haha, finally realized what dolls they remind me of, the Rapunzel looks a LOT like the Magic Attic Club Allison! They have the same shaped faces and similar bodies and clothing o.O I wonder if they're somehow involved with each other, as Magic Attic has been off the market for a while.

ahhh ok ... I had to do some digging ... but I found out what Magic Attic Club dolls were

I was more than a little surprised to find that they were designed by Robert Tonner

and I kind of doubt that they are involved ... I kind of suspect that any resemblance is a coincidence

as I dug into the history of the MAC dolls ... they had a convoluted history of ownership and who was selling them ... and officially completely died in 2004

they were also an 18" soft body doll with "hard" arms, legs, and head ... designed from the start as a "play" doll ... not as a collectable

I have not seen the Tonner name related to the MasterPiece dolls at all
theodoric
BANNED

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials