Go to footer

1/1 scale hybrid BJDs

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

Re: 1/1 scale hybrid BJDs

Postby OutBriefCandle » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:57 pm

I didn't realize that tonner made the Magic Attic Club dolls... I think I still have MAC Megan in the basement somewhere. I got her because we have the same name but I was a little older and I wasn't as attached to her as my Felicity. They're nice dolls though, and an interesting concept behind the books. There's a store not too far from where I work that still has some of their stuff, I'm sorta tempted to save up for the mirror.

There's a doll store in the mall nearest me, and they have a bunch of life size child dolls that look a lot like the ones in the thread. They're a little too far into the uncanny valley for my taste, though.
Ryo - DIM Real (NS)
Ariel - BBB Sprite (Blue)
Peaseblossom - BBB Ariel (Lilac)
Bast - Fairyland MNF Woosoo Vamp (WS)
Bernadette - Hujoo Berry (Apricot)
Mustardseed - Realpuki Tyni (NS)
Dove - BBB Pixie (Chocolate)
Loki - Hujoo Jake
Monster High Toralei
Monster High Clawd Wolf
Perneth - RS Pixiu (Sky Blue)
OutBriefCandle
Dolly Pardon

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:02 pm

I remember reading some of the Magic Attic Club books. I really liked them too. I don't ever know they had dolls until way later.
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby SillyLilPuppet » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:00 pm

Magic Attic Dolls were similar in concept to the American Girl dolls (play dolls for girls of elementary school age, with each outfit coming with a book about their adventures), though instead of representing periods in American history, they were more fantasy based and went on adventures by traveling through a magic mirror. I have two older dolls, Megan and Allison, and they're a bit more slender and have hard plastic bodies rather than soft cloth ones like AG dolls. I Speaking of Wilde Imagination, the woman who seems to be in charge of that was also involved with MAC (and is a very nice lady, the Wilde Imagination offices are in the same town our local BJD meetups are and she has attended and had a good time discussing past doll projects with us)
Coincidentally some of the clothing from them will fit SD dolls, particularly the basic doll's casual clothing.

As for the originally posted dolls... man I do want a large child doll. And the price, compared to a Lusion, is very tempting. Wish one of them was more 'asian bjd' styled, the western stylized faces just is not my thing :<
<>My Tumblr<>My Etsy<>Come chat!<>
Too many dolls, I give up.
SillyLilPuppet
Dolly Pardon

Postby PinkCow » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:16 am

Oh my -gosh- I want one!! o.o I've never ever loved an extremely realistic-looking doll like this until falling in love with these girls a few minutes ago!
PinkCow
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Mary Kathryn » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:58 pm

Evelien wrote:Pippina actually scares me a bit, she reminds me of those 4 year old pageant girls.. *shudder*

She does look like a pageant girl! I kind of like the Red Riding Hood one. I'd love to take her to work and set her up at a table and see people's reactions. :lol:
Mary Kathryn
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby victoriavictrix » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:39 pm

Way too Uncanny Valley for me.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby claywimmin » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:06 am

I just discovered Masterpiece Dolls and am totally enchanted! I want a Lusion Dahlia but know I'd never spend the $1600 necessary to get one. Soooo, I'll take a Masterpiece instead. "Lacey"
http://www.beaconsglow.com/Lacey-Master ... p/7606.htm
is an earlier release still available from a few sellers. She's 34 inches tall (4" taller than Lusion) and has joints in her elbows and knees, and I can't wait to have her home! Will post pictures when she arrives, perhaps holding my itty bitty Doll Leaves Milk , my tiniest doll.
Bear with me while I think of something profound to put here...
claywimmin
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Wardah » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:09 pm

SillyLilPuppet wrote:Magic Attic Dolls were similar in concept to the American Girl dolls (play dolls for girls of elementary school age, with each outfit coming with a book about their adventures), though instead of representing periods in American history, they were more fantasy based and went on adventures by traveling through a magic mirror. I have two older dolls, Megan and Allison, and they're a bit more slender and have hard plastic bodies rather than soft cloth ones like AG dolls. I Speaking of Wilde Imagination, the woman who seems to be in charge of that was also involved with MAC (and is a very nice lady, the Wilde Imagination offices are in the same town our local BJD meetups are and she has attended and had a good time discussing past doll projects with us)
Coincidentally some of the clothing from them will fit SD dolls, particularly the basic doll's casual clothing.

As for the originally posted dolls... man I do want a large child doll. And the price, compared to a Lusion, is very tempting. Wish one of them was more 'asian bjd' styled, the western stylized faces just is not my thing :<

For me it doesn't even need to be "asian BJD" styled. I'd settle for something Disney cartoon styled. As long as it didn't look so realistic.
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Lily » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:37 am

SillyLilPuppet wrote:As for the originally posted dolls... man I do want a large child doll. And the price, compared to a Lusion, is very tempting. Wish one of them was more 'asian bjd' styled, the western stylized faces just is not my thing :<

Oh gosh, me too! Although I don't necessarily need them to be Asian or bjd styled, just... pretty. These are not pretty. They are the kind of "cute" like American Girls or Cabbage Patch dolls, none of which appealed to me as a child or now. (I know other people find them really appealing, and I respect that, but it's really not for me. Especially buck teeth.)

But oh... I really want a large child doll. That I can buy real clothes for and dress up. Guess it's probably my fertility issues showing, but... Oh. If I could only convince myself I like the faces.

claywimmin, can't wait to see yours when she comes! I'm hoping owner pictures will be more appealing - after all, it's happened to me with doll after doll.
Lily
i see dead dolliehs

Postby claywimmin » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:02 am

OK, here she is!! Uncanny Valley or not, she's here and I simply love her! She's heavy -- I've never handled a Lusion Dahlia but this vinyl girl is heavy enough, I can't imagine what a resin doll this big would weigh. She's somewhat stiff but poses fairly well once you get the hang of it. I was hoping she would kneel (thought she'd display well kneeling backwards in an adult size chair) but the knees don't bend far enough so I'll have to settle for sitting. This girl is 34" tall; larger versions have wrists that bend but this is quite enough doll for me, 39" is just tooooo much in my tiny apartment! Let's see if I can make the pictures work, my Flickr is uploading again. Reminder: I am severely photochallenged...

October 22, 2011 007 by claywimmin, on Flickr

October 22, 2011 006 by claywimmin, on Flickr Dollieh with dollieh
Bear with me while I think of something profound to put here...
claywimmin
i see dead dolliehs

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials