Go to footer

Question for ALL. How did your collection develop/grow?

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

Re: Question for ALL. How did your collection develop/grow?

Postby 1/6andtinylover » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:41 pm

I heard that the Haruka head looks a bit bobble headed on the 40cm. It sounds like some of the anime style heads, and Alice head looks good on it and possibly the Megu head.
The ever growing wishlist: Hujoo Dana, Obitsu 40, and an army of other Obitsus with anime style heads.
The more expensive end of my wishtlist: Limhwa Half Elf and Elfdoll Soah, my dream dolls.
Dolls @ home: Elodie Tarte (YuHao Tart)
1/6andtinylover
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Question for ALL. How did your collection develop/grow?

Postby TheHighlander » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:47 pm

Stormlight wrote:Oh, resin does stain, but I find I can usually take it right off with a magic eraser. With vinyl, forget it. And it's too expensive to replace parts every time they get stained, especially when it's the torso and both legs due to the waist line of a skirt and a pair of stockings (that didn't stain any of my resin dolls) and ... yeah. ^^; Ended up selling the body at half the price I bought it at, and that was after less than a year. That was pretty much my first and last experience with vinyl. One of these days I'll get myself one of those 40cm bodies (assuming they fit a Haruka head), but I'm not in any hurry.

The thing is, that although the resin might be more resistant to staining, once damaged, it's far, far more difficult and costly to repair.
TheHighlander
~{Proud Dollieh-Daddieh}~
I like my dolliehs a lot.
Actually, I like my dolliehs more than I like a lot of people I know in real life.
Is that bad? I think not!
TheHighlander
Dolly Pardon

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials