Go to footer

Cabbage Patch Kids!

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

Cabbage Patch Kids!

Postby quidam » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:30 am

Here's a forum that's dedicated to dolls of all kinds, yet I don't see any threads dedicated to the most iconic doll of the 80's. So, let's have one!

Sadly, my mother couldn't afford to get me one during the original craze, which is for the best considering my doll-phobia. When they had a second big hey-day a few years back I fell in love with one sitting on the shelf and she ran out the same day to get it for me for Christmas. It was July and I was somewhere in my 20's. :lol:

I didn't know that she had done this until I opened him up and she admitted that she had wanted to give him to me many times over the months because she knew how much I had loved him.

Here's my boy: Raymon. Just try to tell me that he doesn't have the cutest face and that you don't want to run your hand across the top of his hair.

So, what about you? I know that there has to be more Cabbage Patches around here. Let's see them!
Caretaker of the Axelsen household: Aria, Annica, Aubrey, Azalea, Asher, Amelia, Alantril, Arivan, and Angora
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Cabbage Patch Kids!

Postby SillyLilPuppet » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:16 pm

My Cabbage Patch girl (and her CPK horse and cat) are all over my grandmas somewhere, so no pictures yet. She wasn't the usual soft body though, she was all plastic and came with a swimsuit and snorkel set. She had brown curly hair like I did as a baby and was named Penny and that pudgy lil thing went EVERYWHERE with me. My little brother had one too, a little boy with brown hair that came with a toothbrush that made bubbles so it would look like he was brushing his teeth.
Actually, thinking about it... does anyone remember those 'dangerous' Cabbage Patch dolls from about twelve years ago or so? The ones that had a little motor in their mouths so it would look like they chewed and swallowed pretend food? I had one, it must be still up in my barn loft. Think the scare was because some little girl was playing with it and her hair caught in the motor and got yanked out.
<>My Tumblr<>My Etsy<>Come chat!<>
Too many dolls, I give up.
SillyLilPuppet
Dolly Pardon

Postby quidam » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:55 pm

I remember hearing about that.
Being eaten alive by your own doll...not just a story. *shudders*
Caretaker of the Axelsen household: Aria, Annica, Aubrey, Azalea, Asher, Amelia, Alantril, Arivan, and Angora
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Postby britbrat18 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:31 pm

I have one somewhere that I've had since I was two or so. I think it's actually a boy one, but I always thought it was a girl. Her name is DiDi, because I couldn't say doll when I got her. I'll try and find her to take pictures.
Kratos Aurion (AOD Chen), Anna Aurion (Modified RS Mei), , Lloyd Aurion(Modified Felix Brownie, and AOD Le Le) Usagi Chiba (Modified RS Ju), Mamoru Chiba (RS Mai)
britbrat18
the walls have dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials