Go to footer

Lord Falconwing ventures out....

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

Lord Falconwing ventures out....

Postby TheShadow » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:18 pm

After many months of no dolly play, I finally had a tiny get together with a couple dolly friends at a Japanese garden (one friend flew all the way out to the west coast from West Virginia for some dolly play!)

Lord Falconwing doesn't have appropriate clothing just yet (he is a 200 year old elf who had a run-in with a pack of pixies that cast a spell on him that keeps him a midget.........he's pretty crotchety about it and is not a very pleasant fellow to spend time with because of his attitude). He also lost all his hair.

He found the mossy rocks to be more than adequately comfortable though.....

The trees offered him a very nice vantage to view the scenery while he contemplated the evil tendencies of pixies.....

But he did start to get more annoyed when the camera kept getting closer.....you don't want to make this fellow upset!

(He is a LittleFee with a sleeping Shiwoo face plate that I opened the eyes on....I wanted to keep the eye openings small for a more mature look than the standard LittleFees have).
TheShadow
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Re: Lord Falconwing ventures out....

Postby Dark Angel » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:15 am

:O

I am in awe! He's amazing, your photos are amazing! Everything!
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Kirahfaye » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:44 am

Oh, I like! Very nice!
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby maywong » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:08 am

Very nice. I like the one with him laying in the moss.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Valli » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:24 pm

Yey! You made it here. Your photos are superb, so natural. You've done a fab job on his face. Definitely more mature and angry. I never guessed he was a LittleFee. I've got one and didn't recognise him. Amazing! Mine's a Piki though.
Valli
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby leopardessmoon » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:01 pm

he is adorable. do the littlefees have really good mobility and posing? I have been thinking about getting one.
leopardessmoon

Postby TheShadow » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:39 pm

Dark Angel wrote::O

I am in awe! He's amazing, your photos are amazing! Everything!

Thanks, Dark Angel...although I have to give the photo kudos to my hubby. I couldn't take a picture to save my life. So I sew for him and he takes pictures for me.....a very lovely symbiotic relationship.... :lol:

Kirahfaye wrote:Oh, I like! Very nice!

Thank you, Kirahfaye!

maywong wrote:Very nice. I like the one with him laying in the moss.

Thank you, maywong.....that moss looked so comfortable that I was wishing they had a moss covered rock in my size! :D

Valli wrote:Yey! You made it here. Your photos are superb, so natural. You've done a fab job on his face. Definitely more mature and angry. I never guessed he was a LittleFee. I've got one and didn't recognise him. Amazing! Mine's a Piki though.

Thanks again for sending me the link! I'm glad that his inner angst is shining through! :lol: I don't think I'll ever open the eyes on another one, though.....the resin was over 1/2" thick! Bloody blisters aside....he did turn out how I had envisioned him....so the pain was worth it!

leopardessmoon wrote:he is adorable. do the littlefees have really good mobility and posing? I have been thinking about getting one.

Thanks, leopardessmoon. I have several little BJD's and I have also worked with little ones that belonged to other people....so I've had the pleasure of playing with so many different kinds. Of all the little BJD's I've played with/worked on/owned......I have to say that the LittleFees are the posing champs of the world! You can get some little BJD's that are "okay" and with a little work (i.e. glue sueding, tightening) and they become great.....but LittleFees are amazing. They can pose in sooo many natural poses and you don't have to fight them to get the perfect pose! And their midriff joint allows for the most wonderful "slouching" (it can lock into place!).....he can slouch totally forward and touch his toes and hold beautifully! And while most dolls with a mobility joint can be a nightmare, his behaves awesomely! I absolutely cannot say enough good things about the LittleFees! They're so doggone agreeable with their posing that they are addicting to play with (as you put them through all kinds of contortions!) They are simply amazing! Oh...and did I say I LOVE LittleFees? :lol: Oh yeah...and on top of it all, they have magnetic hands and feet which makes changing them so easy (Denver Doll Emporium sells LittleFee parts). My little man has magnets in his head for ears and magnets in his back for wings, too, if you want to add those things.
TheShadow

Postby Llwynog » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:01 pm

He's beautiful! I have two LittleFees and I agree with you. I think Pukis are the only doll that might out pose them.

I'm also digging the Detective Conan there.
Llwynog
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby TheShadow » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:36 am

Llwynog wrote:He's beautiful! I have two LittleFees and I agree with you. I think Pukis are the only doll that might out pose them.

I'm also digging the Detective Conan there.

Thanks Llwynog. I haven't had the pleasure of playing with a puki yet......I'll have to see if I can play with one at a meetup. Those little pukis are cute!

I'm afraid I'm hopelessly addicted to Case Closed. My son directed me to a site called Dubbinz and I watched an episode. Then another....and another. He now owns the first 5 seasons of it and I'm constantly begging him to let me borrow them! I even use the begging tactics he once used when he was a little boy. He snickers at my need to get my Conan Edogawa fix! I think he likes the power he has now! :lol: And he laughed when I told him I'm making a Conan outfit for my Luts Cutie Delf boy (I already have the red tennis shoes! I think the hardest part will be finding the eye glasses.) Now I'm wondering who I can get and fix up as Jimmy Kudo!
TheShadow

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials