Go to footer

Question - Do your dolls have a 'default' look?

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

Re: Question - Do your dolls have a 'default' look?

Postby Resu » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:41 pm

Pretty much all of my dolls are in their "default" most of the time. From the moment they decide how they want to look, that's the way they'll stay for the most part. I am contemplating cosplays for them in the distant future, though. So that should be fun.
Resu
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby thisstrangeforest » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:49 pm

all my kids eventually settle in a look rarely the one I originally plan for them however :/ dolliehs have minds of their own more often than not.
At home: Faun
thisstrangeforest
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:49 pm

Two of my Obitsus are modeled after the main characters of a book series, so their "default" look is accurate to the canon.

Alex (my Bitty Bitsu) has yet to develop an actual personality so I don't know yet about her... she might like wearing the one dress she owns, or she might end up being a clotheshorse like her sister (Prizm).

Clover likes to change clothes, but doesn't have a lot to choose from yet. She tends to go back to the fairy dress when she's tired of a new outfit.

Prizm loves to change clothes, but she can't seem to go without her punk sleeve arm warmer thingies no matter what outfit she has on.
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Evelien » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:14 am

I don't change wigs on my dolls at all, would feel very unnatural. Once they have one that fits and suits them, they keep it.

About clothes... yes, they do have a default outfit, but that's only because I'm lazy and haven't made more yet :lol:
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:58 am

My 1/6ers have their default look unless they're cosplaying. I have to put them back in default mode every few months or the character they're cosplaying will to take over the doll. The ones who wear wigs usually have a default wig and I don't change out their eyes.

As for Megu-Chun she like her default Lottie wig, she looks a little different whenever I switch out a different wig for her. She's not gonna cosplay anyone but herself at them moment. She likes her Alpha series costume and tracksuit more than the blouses i bought her :lol:
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby ivory stardust » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:33 am

All mine have at least something of a default look. Only one has more than one wig, and the one who does never wears the first one I got her since it looks like it's eating her head.

Quinn - long black hair, usually worn down. Jeans, t-shirt, black boots or blue cons, leather jacket. Very "rocker" boy.
Zane - fuzzy brown hair. PJ pants of brown & green, usually a white t-shirt but sometimes others. Always in his lab coat.
Spencer - bedheaded dark blond-red hair. Slacks, dress shirt, dress shoes, fedora, loose tie.
Lily - flippy short black hair. Short-shorts or black leather pants, sometimes designer jeans, tube tops, heels or boots.
Bree - shaggy long black hair. Colorful Rockabilly style, like black capris with a lime green top. She's still a WIP.
Ginaphae - shoulder-length curly auburn (this is growing out IC). Wide skirts and peasant tops, always in black, white and purple, big boots or ballet flats.
Amrynn - long blond, usually worn loose with a few small braids in it. Almost always in some shade of green or brown, medieval style clothing, brown fold-topped boots.
Kendall - short silvery-blond hair hanging in his eyes. Plaid pants, long sleeved t-shirt and vans.
Sometimes, you just need a nap!
ivory stardust
Dolly Pardon

Postby 1/6andtinylover » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:21 am

Well...Elodie is currently kind of unhappy with her rather cutesey spiral curl pigtail wig (with freakin' insane amounts of stray hair that's driving me NUTS) and equally cutesey pink dress (plus chunky platform shoes), and is demending another style, possibly consisting of a wavy/curly light brown wig and some sort of pink but more elegant dress, a pair of more elgant shoes, possibly high heels and I'm guessing that'll be her default look. Unless she decides that she likes having a lot of stuff and drown my wallet.

My Moxie Teenz Tristen head on Liv body, Trista is bald and in her "default" Liv outfit, which is a two piece bathing suit...gotta get her more outfits. I've tried blond wigs on her but I think she likes black hair the most. The problem being that her default wig is crap and doesn't really fit her.

My Liv Sophie on MT body got stuck with the rather crappy outfit thrown together by me, consisting of a sweater, a Barbie dress stuffed under the sweater to look like a skirt and a pair of over the knee socks. She's probably going to stay blond, especially since she fits that extra glib wig I have.
The ever growing wishlist: Hujoo Dana, Obitsu 40, and an army of other Obitsus with anime style heads.
The more expensive end of my wishtlist: Limhwa Half Elf and Elfdoll Soah, my dream dolls.
Dolls @ home: Elodie Tarte (YuHao Tart)
1/6andtinylover
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Greyhaunt » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:01 pm

Definitely all of mine have a specific wig that is their's and their's alone. I suppose I might change the wig to another of the same color if I needed a style I couldn't do with the wig, but otherwise no changes there. Clothing/shoe wise - OMG yes. Sherris is most comfortable in either something slutty, or something vintage. Genet, on the other hand, likes the professional look and rarely dresses down. Josephine is my cosplay kitty and hates to have to wear anything "sensible". I've got too many to go through, but basically yes, each one has a look they are either destined for, or already in.
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Stormlight » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:08 pm

Yeah, I think most of my gang does have a default look. A few examples:

Lore sticks mostly to punk/goth styles and I haven't changed his hair or eyes in years. The eyes and wig he wears are "his". He wouldn't be himself without them. I've tried other wigs on, but he always seems to go back to his purple/chocolate Kana wig.

Journey is an elf. He's got long blond hair and bright blue eyes. Wig and eye brands change sometimes, but they're always blond and blue. He sticks mostly to fantasyish outfits. Although I recently put him in a modern outfit and methinks I may be keeping him in modern clothes more often 'cause he looks fabulous in tight jeans.

Ashley has worn the same eyes and wig since I got him. I'm actually looking to replace his wig since it's getting a bit ratty, but he's a Dollmore Model so his head is hard to fit. He's more of a straight size 8 so most wigs are either too big or too small. Whatever I get him, it will be light blonde with darker highlights. His eyes will probably never change, short of the ones he wears falling apart or something. He came with them and they're perfect for him. He wouldn't look like himself in anything else.

My Puck was supposed to be brunette when I got him, but he claimed a pair of Volks gold eyes and a golden-blond curly wig and hasn't changed since. He wouldn't be Puck anymore if he tried anything else. His style has changed a bit. He used to wear elfy robes but now he sticks mainly to a pair of black pants and a long vest. His character has also developed a scarred arm along the way (which I have yet to actually blush and attach to his body, but it's there).

Kestrel changes wigs and eyes often, but it seems like she's always wearing a red wig and either purple or blue eyes. Her style changes a lot, though. She wears anything from fantasy to goth to Lolita to everyday street wear. I really want to get her the Dollheart pirate outfit I saw. She'd look fabulous in it.

My Evensong had a default look when I got her, a long white wig and a light faceup with dramatic eyes that gave her a sweet, innocent look. I loved it. But I eventually had to have the face redone, and I went dark and dramatic overall this time. Also, because she yellowed a lot, she can't really wear white anymore since it gives her that lovely Luts "beauty green" cast. ^^; And to match her much-darker eyebrows, she's had to go brunette now. She's still gorgeous, but somehow she isn't quite the same character she used to be. Or, maybe I should say, her "inner" character is much more prominent in her "outer" character than it used to be. No more of that "sweet and innocent" facade anymore.

I find that with my dolls, the more a character is established, the less I change them up. But with newer dolls whose characters aren't developed yet, I change out eyes, wigs, clothes constantly in order to find their perfect look. I think it's probably like that for a lot of doll owners.
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Trethowan » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:50 pm

haha... LOL. By default, Ivan isn't allowed to wear a shirt.
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials