Go to footer

Teen Trends Dolls

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

Teen Trends Dolls

Postby magkelly » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:45 pm

I was wondering if anyone else has any of these? I use their clothes for my MA 16" dolls a lot. They fit pretty well but sometimes I've had to make some small alterations. I had a Gabby and I am getting a Kiana and a Courtney with a massive bunch of clothes I'm told for Christmas. Someone in my family spotted a great bunch of their stuff on sale online for pretty cheap a few days back and snagged it for me. She showed me a pic. With what's there and what I already had I think I have most of their outfits now. I think I'm still missing the black jeans and the white ones, and the outfit with the black and tartan skirt and boots but otherwise I think I have pretty much everything A couple of the dresses I will now have two copies of. I'm thinking this stuff also fits some BJD's so maybe you have them in the clothes? Just curious. They seem like very versatile outfits. I like the one with the striped leggings and green and black net skirt the best I think. But they're all pretty nice.
magkelly
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Re: Teen Trends Dolls

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:00 am

Never heard of them. They sound interesting, though.
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby magkelly » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:48 am

They were dolls that Mattel made for kids growing out of playline Barbies. They're the same height as the American Girl dolls, but were built more like the slimmer Hopscotch, BFK inc and Babysitter's Club dolls. They're strung dolls. They're supposed to be a bit older, early teens. They're kind of cute but they didn't sell too well.

The clothes fit a lot of other similarly sized dolls well. They're great on the MA Alex and Tonner fashion dolls I have. They're not quite couture level like the Tonner outfits, but they're pretty well made for Mattel. The dolls have some issues. They come unstrung easily from what I have seen and every now and again you get one where chemicals break down and stuff leaks out of the legs. I've got one that's in good shape, but I've also had to throw away one because of that problem before. She just got all slimy. Fortunately she wasn't dressed in a good outfit at the time or I'd have been really upset. The clothes are just too nice to toss because of some bad plastic.

I like their jeans and the jackets a lot. They seem to fit the look of the modern 16" fashion dolls well. The prom dresses can look little girlish on them but I've found they look quite different on an Alex or a Tyler type doll. The TT dolls just didn't have much of a chest and when you put one of their dresses on a 16" girl that has actual breasts the dresses tend to look far more grown up. I'm thinking that they'd work well for BJD's in that range. Those dolls most of them are made to look like teens, aren't they?
magkelly

Postby delbelcoure » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:18 pm

I have the striped leggings and green and black net skirt outfit for my Ellowyne Wilde. I fits her pretty well. Also, I modded one of the bodies to take an Obitsu Haruka head for my daughter - she wasn't up to buying an Obitsu body.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/delbelcoure
Does this, will this, enhance my life or the lives of others?
-Don Aslett
Ack! I'm being overrun by Monster High dolls and frankendollies!
delbelcoure
the walls have dolliehs

Postby magkelly » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:28 pm

The one outfit with the striped leggings I rather covet. One of these days I am going to have to go and grab that one. I actually have most of the main pieces from most of their outfits now. I'm just missing the white jeans and that leggings outfit I think. Then again I could just go find me some socks with black and white stripes or a t-shirt or something and make my own. Probably cost me less...
magkelly

Postby Nella » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:34 pm

I remember those! The outfits do fit a lot of 1/4 scale resin minis. I have a closet with mannequin and track suit from Teen Trends. It's great for hanging and displaying my girls' clothes. :)
Nella
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Linainversetsg » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:36 am

I have a few of these outfits now. They do fit at least Dollzone girls, as my MSD wears a few of the dress.
The shoes are hit and miss, some are a bit too loose and the black ankle boots from the striped legging outfit were nearly impossible to get off once they were on (I modified them so they aren't ankle boots anymore though).
Linainversetsg
i see dead dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials