Go to footer

Princess Aurora & Prince Phillip Sleeping Beauty Collection

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

Re: Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) Doll/Figure Collection

Postby LadyMermaid » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:01 pm

LadyMermaid
i see dead dolliehs

Postby SetsunaKou » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:04 pm

Thanks, AquaMight-san, Magkelly-san, Catshem-san and LadyMermaid-san!! :hugs:

I'm a Princess Aurora fanatic!! :laughs:

Thanks for the link, LadyMermaid-san! I checked it and yup! I have those ornaments. They're in the 'Small Figures' section of my list shown. They're SOOOO heavy! Honestly, they feel 'valuable' but how can a tree support them?! They're about 10-12 ounces EACH!!!!!

And......I finally took a few hours and updated the list with TONS more figures, a couple more dolls, one more plush and a bunch of miscellaneous items. ^^ Will keep updating as I get in more 'Sleeping Beauty' items!!!!!
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby The Hunchback » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:07 pm

The Hunchback
Sanctuary! Sanctuary!

Postby SetsunaKou » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:58 pm

:Squeee: :D

Oh, min'na-sama!!! :hugs: You're all so sweet to do that!! I LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!

Honestly, I had just been updating my site, was tired out from spending so much time online today, and said to myself 'Let me just check DS one last time tonight for some fun chatting about dolls.'

I came on, saw 'The Hunchback' and wondered who it was as I hadn't read that moniker before.....

I almost fell off my chair when I got to the last post and saw the Proclamation!! :faints: Truly, I smiled from ear to ear and then just giggled my head off as I read it fully----it made my night!!! I went from tired to happily excited-----thanks to you!!

It must've taken a lot of work to make that image and I just want you to know it's very, very much appreciate!!!

You all are the best dollieh friends ever!!! :hugs again:

God bless you!

Yours gratefully and humbly,
Setsuna ^^
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby kenaiqueen » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:44 pm

I can't believe I haven't seen your post before this and all I can say is WOW! I'm an Aurora fan, but you surely are the superest SuperFan. I deeply envy you the 22" Tonner. I only have 6 Auroras and I'm sad because my singing girl has stopped singing. (Must remember to look for a battery in her?) I stayed up til the wee hours to make sure I got a Designer Aurora since I had to buy online. I agree that the smaller Tonner Aurora doesn't look enough like her so I've decided not to pursue acquiring her, but I had no idea they had done a 22". She's gorgeous.

Other Aurora things I have that I treasure is the small Aurora/Phillip jewelry box I got from the Disney Movie Rewards, my Aurora & Malificent Ear Hat ornaments and best of all, the memory of seeing Sleeping Beauty first run in the movie theater way back when. (Yes, I'm that old!) :)

Thank for posting all the wonderful pictures!
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Peacebunnie » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:07 pm

That... must have taken a lot of dedication.

Goodness.
Peacebunnie
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby SetsunaKou » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:30 pm

kenaiqueen wrote:I can't believe I haven't seen your post before this and all I can say is WOW! I'm an Aurora fan, but you surely are the superest SuperFan. I deeply envy you the 22" Tonner. I only have 6 Auroras and I'm sad because my singing girl has stopped singing. (Must remember to look for a battery in her?) I stayed up til the wee hours to make sure I got a Designer Aurora since I had to buy online. I agree that the smaller Tonner Aurora doesn't look enough like her so I've decided not to pursue acquiring her, but I had no idea they had done a 22". She's gorgeous.

Other Aurora things I have that I treasure is the small Aurora/Phillip jewelry box I got from the Disney Movie Rewards, my Aurora & Malificent Ear Hat ornaments and best of all, the memory of seeing Sleeping Beauty first run in the movie theater way back when. (Yes, I'm that old!) :)

Thank for posting all the wonderful pictures!

Awww, thanks, Kenaiqueen-san! :hugs: Ooh, I'll have to look into the Aurora/Phillip jewelry box! Thanks for letting me know about that!!!!
Yes, the 17" Singing dolls do have batteries in their back and an on/off switch on their left hips so the batteries don't drain.
Here's an interesting note on them---the 1st edition ones with the 2 pegs on the hand are better made in that, it's more difficult to get them to sing (you must depress both pegs at once) BUT they never run out of batteries unless you play them and play them. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th editions have the 'easier' 1 peg and actually if you just touch them anywhere on their right arm almost 'playing' factor, but due to that, their batteries die even if you don't play them! They just continually drain!
I found that out the hard way! I had the 2nd edition Rapunzel and her batteries kept dying even though we never touched her to play/sing! And the same with the 2nd set of Snow White, Pocahonta and Mulan. All four depleted their batteries just sitting there. When the 1st edition ones were all still fine, I knew it was that problem! So I set about finding a 1st edition Rapunzel and she's great now, too! Unfortunately, they never made a 1st edition Snow White, Pocahontas and Mulan, so they're always 'dead'. :( I keep trying to figure out a way to rig their
box so that we can reach their on/off switch easier to keep them 'alive.'

Anyway, thanks again for liking the collection!!! It seems a lot but there are so many more figures, statues and baby dolls! ARGH! I sometimes feel I can't complete them all! I doubt I'll do the big statues---no room and no funds anyway! But the rest, it's my goal. ^^

Peacebunnie wrote:That... must have taken a lot of dedication.

Goodness.

Thank you, Peacebunnie-san!! :hugs: I'm glad you like the dolls and figures!!! ^^

I just updated the post with 3 new dolls, including the new 2013 Mattel Aurora and the 18" Jakks Pacific 'Aurora and Me' American Girl rival; Valentine cards and a mug; a pen figure, and 6 large and small figures.

Thanks again for looking!!!!!!!
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby AnnetheCatDetective » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:19 am

WOW! What a collection!

Aurora is my younger sister's favourite princess, bar none, and I remember watching the movie on VHS so many times when we were young... it was fun spotting the dolls she used to have (and somewhere still must) in your collection, and I'm sure she'll be green with envy when I show her this thread later, as she was unable to track down some of what she'd been looking for on our most recent trip to Disneyland. I bet it took a lot of time and effort to amass that collection, not to mention turning so many of them purple (my favourite colour as well, and the perfect compromise)! Definitely a collection to be proud of, and you make a gorgeous Aurora in all your cosplay finery!
AnnetheCatDetective
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Faydreams » Sun May 05, 2013 7:06 pm

Wow! Now that's a collection!

I had no idea there were so many different versions of the dolls. It's amazing to see them all like that..
The pen is mightier than the sword.... Unless this is a sword fight.
Faydreams
Dolly Pardon

Postby DisneyHorder » Tue May 28, 2013 5:02 pm

WOW!!

Nice to see someone who likes Aurora best for once!! :)

I have never seen that many disney dolls in one place and I live near disney world XD
Blue - The openness and honesty among all partners.
Red - Love and passion.
Black - Solidarity with those who must hide their relationships due to social pressures.
DisneyHorder
Dolliehs? WHERE???

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials