Go to footer

Princess Aurora & Prince Phillip Sleeping Beauty Collection

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

Re: Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) Doll/Figure Collection

Postby SetsunaKou » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:24 am

darkfairykara wrote:oh my what a collection. Aurora is my favorite Princess too.

Thanks! :hugs: I just think she's so beautiful! She's been my favorite since 1986 when I first saw 'Sleeping Beauty' in the theatres. Since then, I've been smitten with the film and the dolls and just everything about it! I drove my sister crazy back in the late 80s/early 90s when I could recite the entire film verbatim. (I had watched it at least 25 times in succession when I was ill with the flu once....) I still can recite it actually.......That's pretty scary to realize. ^^;;

K2! wrote:
SetsunaKou wrote:The doll part is complete---there haven't been any other sculpts of her ever made as far as I know, but the figure part---whew! There are hundreds of different figures and statues made! I've made it my goal to try to collect all the different ones, but.....I think I won't be able to get to all the statues! Some are really expensive!!!

That sounds soooo familiar. I have been collecting Star Wars movie poster for years. I had to limit myself to one size (one sheets) because there are too many variations and some of them are pretty big.

Ah, I feel your pain! I am an obsessive crazy 'completion' collector and just HAVE to complete any set I begin, so....it's HARD to not buy all the statues, but....neither room or funds for them must dictate. :)

richila wrote:Your Sleeping Beauty collection made me want to make a Snow White with one of the Mini Princess heads and a Picco Neemo body. :D

Ooh, you should! That would be SOOO cute!!! I'd love to see what you come up with! Your photostories and shots are always so awesome!

And...I just updated the post with about a dozen new figures, plushies and misc items. ^^
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby britbrat18 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:15 pm

Wow! What an awesome and stunning collection!! The newest Aurora model is lovely. I love the replica designer one you and your sister did. I say this a every time I see your Sleeping beauties, but I love, love her in purple. It just seems to go better than the pink(or blue, the blue is kinda pretty, but it seems they rarely ever put her in blue anyway). About the light up one, did you put her in a different dress? I have the same doll, but her dress looks like the 2008 Disney Store Aurora one.

The Simba dolls do look a little strange, Phillip looks so old... The Sekiguchi one is lovely. I like all the Brass Key ones, though I think the 2009 is the prettiest one. The animators collection one is so cute! That 3 foot one is awesome!! Your sister did a beautiful job on that dress. I had the 1995 Litte Aurora when I was little, but she didn't come with her prince. I had her and Jasmine(and Perfume Jasmine and Belle). And I remember the video cassette Mcdonald's dolls. The paint it yourself one is neat! I've never heard of them before, was it just Aurora? Or the other princesses too? Oooh! Jim Shore, I used to see those all the time in Hallmark(no local Hallmark anymore). I love the Beauty and the Beast ones, but really wish they would make some more Jasmine ones, there are only two, I would love to see one of her and Aladdin. How come the UK got such a sweet little set like that and the US didn't? They do remind me a little of the vintage Polly Pockets(the really tiny ones), I had a whole bunch of Disney ones(still have a few of them(mostly Aladdin ones, in storage), and pretty sure I had a Sleeping beauty one too. That music box is beautiful!!

I would totally steal your room if it was possible. ;) I see Disney, Sailor Moon, BJDS, a canopy bed, and a slew of other stuff that I love. :D And you make a lovely Sleeping Beauty!

Long winded post is long winded. :D

Thank you for sharing pictures!!
Kratos Aurion (AOD Chen), Anna Aurion (Modified RS Mei), , Lloyd Aurion(Modified Felix Brownie, and AOD Le Le) Usagi Chiba (Modified RS Ju), Mamoru Chiba (RS Mai)
britbrat18
the walls have dolliehs

Postby PerlaNemesis » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:15 am

Wow, so many dolls! I can see why you like Aurora so much. She is very beautiful. ^^
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PerlaNemesis
the walls have dolliehs

Postby SetsunaKou » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:11 am

britbrat18 wrote:Wow! What an awesome and stunning collection!! The newest Aurora model is lovely. I love the replica designer one you and your sister did.
Thank you!! I appreciate your kind and long comment!!!! :) Yes, the new 2012 Disney Store Aurora has the best face I've seen for her! I'm super picky, and I love it! It's just perfect!!! I'm glad Disney Store finally made a sculpt that actually looks like her!! Yay! It's the 3rd model they've used of it (11" sized) and the Designer dolls used it too, so that's why I also love my Replica Designer Aurora! Same face, just more coy and mature. Thank you for liking her!!!!

britbrat18 wrote:I say this a every time I see your Sleeping beauties, but I love, love her in purple. It just seems to go better than the pink(or blue, the blue is kinda pretty, but it seems they rarely ever put her in blue anyway).
:hugs: Yes, I agree!!! She just BELONGS in purple! After all, what does pink and blue make when combined?! PURPLE!!! The fairies should've settled on that for a compromise and I always believe that's what happened at the end of the film, when they kept changing it pink, blue, pink, blue----after the dance, they combined colors and made it purple! :laughs: (I know, I'm crazy...)
But what gave me the idea in the first place was Kingdom Hearts! I've never seen nor played those games, but I found this beautiful picture of Aurora from it---and she's in PURPLE!!!

Once I saw that, I immediately started converting my favorites of my collection into purples! (After all, purple was and has always been my favorite color! With my fav princess, how could I not?! :laugh: )

britbrat18 wrote:About the light up one, did you put her in a different dress? I have the same doll, but her dress looks like the 2008 Disney Store Aurora one.

Ye....esss....I want to say 'yes' but let me check......

Do you mean the Mattel light up Aurora with the 3 fairies to put in her hand? No, that's the 'bonus' blue dress she came with. I put her pink fancy dress on an older Disney Store doll (from 2005? I think) that I bought nude on eBay and had to 'dress.'
I put the Disney Store Blue Dress on the 1997 Wedding Aurora Mattel doll, I believe. The one I put in the 'Enchanted Tales' box with Phillip. [/quote]

britbrat18 wrote:The Simba dolls do look a little strange, Phillip looks so old... The Sekiguchi one is lovely. I like all the Brass Key ones, though I think the 2009 is the prettiest one. The animators collection one is so cute! That 3 foot one is awesome!! Your sister did a beautiful job on that dress.

Yes, the Simba UK dolls are hideous in my opinion. The picture somehow even makes them look 'good'--- in person, they're horrible. Phillip is well made, but very ugly---he has so many wrinkles and lines on his face! But Aurora is very cheaply made----I wonder why?
Oh, I agree! The Sekiguchi is gorgeous! It's not 'exactly' like Aurora, but very lovely, so she is one of my favorites due to her sheer loveliness. ^^ Brass Key does a really excellent job in making porcelain dolls pretty! Most of the time, I find porcelains are kind of thick necked or strange looking, but Brass Key really makes them beautiiful! I also love the 2009 version best----it's just so Aurora!!!!!
At first, I wasn't going to collect the 'baby' and 'toddler' dolls but then realized my collection wouldn't be really 'complete' without them. So I caved and have started buying them. The Animators' one is so pouty! She's very odd looking, but cute. I just don't like her eye color---too blue. Aurora should have violet or purple eyes.
Ah, thanks for liking the 3' Aurora! I didn't like her AT ALL---she was so ugly when I received her. She had on this short pink 'ballet' outfit and her face didn't do anything for her bad sculpt. I've always wanted to replace her head, but then, I'd be missing her from the collection, so.....
I just gave her a new faceup and it helped somewhat, but what really made her 'nice' was the new gown my sister made for her!!! It's based on this :

britbrat18 wrote:I had the 1995 Litte Aurora when I was little, but she didn't come with her prince. I had her and Jasmine(and Perfume Jasmine and Belle). And I remember the video cassette Mcdonald's dolls.

Back in the 1990s, they had a lot of different Disney Princess merchandise, didn't they? Not just the same doll released over and over---they made different figures, mini dolls, etc. Of course, most weren't the nicest sculpts...... ^^ And it was awesome how McDonald's and Burger King had so many Disney happy meal toys! We LOVED collecting those! It was our mission to go around all the restaurants to find a 'missing' one! :laughs:

britbrat18 wrote:The paint it yourself one is neat! I've never heard of them before, was it just Aurora? Or the other princesses too? Oooh! Jim Shore, I used to see those all the time in Hallmark(no local Hallmark anymore). I love the Beauty and the Beast ones, but really wish they would make some more Jasmine ones, there are only two, I would love to see one of her and Aladdin.
They are, aren't they?! I bought mine on eBay for $25, not really even knowing what she was! As soon as I got her, I painted her, but then I went to Walgreens and saw....a set of Aurora and Belle and Snow White of them---for just $14.99!!!! Argh! So I know there is at least Belle and Snow White. ^^

britbrat18 wrote:How come the UK got such a sweet little set like that and the US didn't? They do remind me a little of the vintage Polly Pockets(the really tiny ones), I had a whole bunch of Disney ones(still have a few of them(mostly Aladdin ones, in storage), and pretty sure I had a Sleeping beauty one too. That music box is beautiful!!

I actually used it at the time for my Sleepig Beauty set of those! I have all of those tiny Mattel pocket sets with cords to hang them (Aladdin, Cinderella, B&B, Snow White, Pocahontas and we made a custom Little Mermaid set, too.) I was angry they didn't make a Sleeping Beauty! How RUDE! So when I found that little UK Castle set that is the same size and figures---I jumped on it! I think it was a McDonald's UK release, as the seller back then told me. From 1999 or earlier.

britbrat18 wrote:I would totally steal your room if it was possible. ;) I see Disney, Sailor Moon, BJDS, a canopy bed, and a slew of other stuff that I love. :D And you make a lovely Sleeping Beauty!

Long winded post is long winded. :D

Thank you for sharing pictures!!

Awww...thanks so much!!!! I actually had a blue gown we made first, from 2003, I think? It was pretty but when I saw the KH version, I decided I HAD to make a purple one! So I sold it on eBay and set about making a new, better purple cosplay! I'm so happy with it----I found a lot of perfet colors and fabrics---particularly the ice palest lilac satin for the collar! A lot of dolls and costumes just make that part 'white' but it's really a PALEST (lilac, blue or pink) that's just almost white. So that made me happy!

I'm happy to share the photos----I know a lot of the international dolls are rare and hardly seen, so it's good to spread them around!
I don't know if you saw the Tonner 16" Aurora we made----she's my favorite or 2nd favorite of all my dolls!!! I think she's just so perfect as a 'realistic' Aurora!!!!

Whew! My answer was super long, too!! :laughs: But it's fun to chat about things we enjoy a lot isn't it? Thanks for liking my room, too!! It's so crowded now, but again, all with things I love, so it's not a bad thing!!! :laughs:

Talk to you soon!!! :hugs: GOD BLESS!!!!
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby SetsunaKou » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:51 am

PerlaNemesis wrote:Wow, so many dolls! I can see why you like Aurora so much. She is very beautiful. ^^

Aww, thank you, Perla-san! :hugs: Yes, I LOVE LOVE her! She's so beautiful! I'm glad they finally made some nice sculpts for her now!!!

Thanks for writing! :hugs:
God bless!!!
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby britbrat18 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:42 pm

:hugs: Yes, I agree!!! She just BELONGS in purple! After all, what does pink and blue make when combined?! PURPLE!!! The fairies should've settled on that for a compromise and I always believe that's what happened at the end of the film, when they kept changing it pink, blue, pink, blue----after the dance, they combined colors and made it purple! :laughs: (I know, I'm crazy...)
But what gave me the idea in the first place was Kingdom Hearts! I've never seen nor played those games, but I found this beautiful picture of Aurora from it---and she's in PURPLE!!! http://www.setsunakou.com/misc/sleeping ... rorakh.jpg

Once I saw that, I immediately started converting my favorites of my collection into purples! (After all, purple was and has always been my favorite color! With my fav princess, how could I not?! :laugh: )

I love Kingdom Hearts, one of my favorite video game series. That's what I think of every time I see your girls. And I love the idea of the faeries compromising by putting her in it(I love how they argue about it so much, I still giggle every time). Those stained glass windows are beautiful in the game, Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, and Belle get one.

Ye....esss....I want to say 'yes' but let me check......

Do you mean the Mattel light up Aurora with the 3 fairies to put in her hand? No, that's the 'bonus' blue dress she came with. I put her pink fancy dress on an older Disney Store doll (from 2005? I think) that I bought nude on eBay and had to 'dress.'
I put the Disney Store Blue Dress on the 1997 Wedding Aurora Mattel doll, I believe. The one I put in the 'Enchanted Tales' box with Phillip.

Yeah I meant the light up one with the faeries. :) Thanks for answering! She is such a cool doll. I took mine out of the box, I couldn't resist, because I had to be able to light her up. She's on a stand next to my obitsus, and my Aurora bed/throne doll...this one! http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Princess-E ... B001YUJA8I, she was too pretty to un-box.

Yes, the Simba UK dolls are hideous in my opinion. The picture somehow even makes them look 'good'--- in person, they're horrible. Phillip is well made, but very ugly---he has so many wrinkles and lines on his face! But Aurora is very cheaply made----I wonder why?
Oh, I agree! The is Sekiguchi gorgeous! It's not 'exactly' like Aurora, but very lovely, so she is one of my favorites due to her sheer loveliness. ^^ Brass Key does a really excellent job in making porcelain dolls pretty! Most of the time, I find porcelains are kind of thick necked or strange looking, but Brass Key really makes them beautiiful! I also love the 2009 version best----it's just so Aurora!!!!!
At first, I wasn't going to collect the 'baby' and 'toddler' dolls but then realized my collection wouldn't be really 'complete' without them. So I caved and have started buying them. The Animators' one is so pouty! She's very odd looking, but cute. I just don't like her eye color---too blue. Aurora should have violet or purple eyes.
Ah, thanks for liking the 3' Aurora! I didn't like her AT ALL---she was so ugly when I received her. She had on this short pink 'ballet' outfit and her face didn't do anything for her bad sculpt. I've always wanted to replace her head, but then, I'd be missing her from the collection, so.....
I just gave her a new faceup and it helped somewhat, but what really made her 'nice' was the new gown my sister made for her!!! It's based on this :http://www.setsunakou.com/misc/sleepingbeautycollection/auroraphillipbeautiful.jpg

Simba dolls seem kinda hit or miss, I've seen a few cute ones they have, and others *shudders*. A Jasmine Brass Key doll is on my list(though they seem kind of scarce). You are right about the those dolls though, some have them have such large necks(and sometimes bodies), but the Brass Key ones are so delicate. I'm not to fond of most toddler dolls either, but most the Disney ones seem so cute(especially the Animators' ones)! And I agree about her eyes, violet would be so pretty! They look so pretty against blonde hair. That dress in the pictures is beautiful!!! And your sister's reincarnation is spot on!

Back in the 1990s, they had a lot of different Disney Princess merchandise, didn't they? Not just the same doll released over and over---they made different figures, mini dolls, etc. Of course, most weren't the nicest sculpts...... ^^ And it was awesome how McDonald's and Burger King had so many Disney happy meal toys! We LOVED collecting those! It was our mission to go around all the restaurants to find a 'missing' one! :laughs:

The 1990's was awesome for Disney stuff, I had so many Disney dolls, and toys. And every one was different. Some where really pretty, others not so much... I still have some dolls somewhere(I think), and still have all my old Disney action figure like toys, they are in very played with condition. I used to love getting happy meals just to get those toys.

They are, aren't they?! I bought mine on eBay for $25, not really even knowing what she was! As soon as I got her, I painted her, but then I went to Walgreens and saw....a set of Aurora and Belle and Snow White of them---for just $14.99!!!! Argh! So I know there is at least Belle and Snow White. ^^

Ah man I hate when that happens! Walgreens, would have never thought to look there. Belle would be a fun one to do. I was hoping they would have done all of them, but I'm glad to see at least some of the Princesses got one! :)

I actually used it at the time for my Sleepig Beauty set of those! I have all of those tiny Mattel pocket sets with cords to hang them (Aladdin, Cinderella, B&B, Snow White, Pocahontas and we made a custom Little Mermaid set, too.) I was angry they didn't make a Sleeping Beauty! How RUDE! So when I found that little UK Castle set that is the same size and figures---I jumped on it! I think it was a McDonald's UK release, as the seller back then told me. From 1999 or earlier.

Ooh custom Little Mermaid one? Now that I think about it she didn't have did she? At least not one of the hanging locket ones. I know she got one of the bigger ones(like this one:http://wanelo.com/p/2171995/disney-little-mermaid-ariel-play-set-undersea-kingdom-polly-pocket-complete-lot). I don't think I have the entire cord ones anymore, I think I lost most the Princes. XD But I do have two of the larger Aladdin ones, Agrabah, and the purple case one with the balcony in it. I thought it was odd that they never made a cord Sleeping Beauty, they did make one of the boxish shaped ones, but the figures weren't as pretty as the cord ones. Wonder though how they were able to package something so small with food? Do you remember Disney Wonder Balls? They were a chocolate ball, with an awesome miniature toy inside. Now though they only have candy inside. :(

Awww...thanks so much!!!! I actually had a blue gown we made first, from 2003, I think? It was pretty but when I saw the KH version, I decided I HAD to make a purple one! So I sold it on eBay and set about making a new, better purple cosplay! I'm so happy with it----I found a lot of perfet colors and fabrics---particularly the ice palest lilac satin for the collar! A lot of dolls and costumes just make that part 'white' but it's really a PALEST (lilac, blue or pink) that's just almost white. So that made me happy!

I'm happy to share the photos----I know a lot of the international dolls are rare and hardly seen, so it's good to spread them around!
I don't know if you saw the Tonner 16" Aurora we made----she's my favorite or 2nd favorite of all my dolls!!! I think she's just so perfect as a 'realistic' Aurora!!!!

Whew! My answer was super long, too!! :laughs: But it's fun to chat about things we enjoy a lot isn't it? Thanks for liking my room, too!! It's so crowded now, but again, all with things I love, so it's not a bad thing!!! :laughs:

Talk to you soon!!! :hugs: GOD BLESS!!!!

I would have never been able to tell that the white part was lilac! And I like that your dress matches her dolls too, that is just a cool little bonus. :)

I can't believe I didn't comment on the Tonner! I could have sworn I did. XD I love the model you choose for her, she looks so much like what I imagine Aurora would look like if she was real. The hair and make-up is lovely. And the purple really seems to pop against her skin. I like how the dress drapes too.

My reply is long again! ;) I agree though it's so much fun to chat with people who like the same things you do. And I am a huge Disney fan. And there is nothing wrong with a crowded room, as long as you can walk! :lol:
Kratos Aurion (AOD Chen), Anna Aurion (Modified RS Mei), , Lloyd Aurion(Modified Felix Brownie, and AOD Le Le) Usagi Chiba (Modified RS Ju), Mamoru Chiba (RS Mai)
britbrat18
the walls have dolliehs

Postby AquaMight » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:59 pm

Amazing collection! I have to agree, most dolls had failed miserably to capture Aurora's face until the recent Disney Store dolls. The 90s Aurora dolls are beautiful but look more like a barbie in Aurora fashion rather than Aurora herself.
AquaMight
dolliehs are watching me O.O;

Postby magkelly » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:33 pm

Isn't it funny how we all have some Princess we all relate to in one way or another. With me it's Ariel, Anastasia, and Belle in that order. I don't relate to any of the others much at all. I've always had a Little Mermaid thing. I was into her long before that movie or Ariel ever was in existence. I like the Hans Christian Anderson tales and the original ending in particular. I know that's not very Disney but it rang far more true to me that sadder ending. Beauty and the Beast long a favorite tale. I've also been long fascinated with the last Czar and his family so Anastasia was fun for me if of course totally inaccurate historically speaking. My favorite versions of the fairy tales and the princesses in them they're seldom the Disney ones and yet I love the magic of Disney and I collect those princesses anyway...
magkelly
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby catshem » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:21 pm

If I collected all things "Beauty and the Beast" my husband would run away! lol Really enjoy looking at your collection and I admire that you change the dolls you like how you want them to actually look. I'm working on my two Belle dolls right now :D
My dolls Family
I make doll wingsOfficial Store here
Commission thread here
Mirrored Fantasies Etsy store
**DS exclusive coupon code for my etsy shop: DS15OFF
I like cats and dolls... I think my life is set. Wife of Rob.
Their story The God of Rampage
catshem
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby LadyMermaid » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:00 pm

Wow I thought I was an Aurora fan:-) Love that you love Sailor Moon and Aurora both as well. I love Aurora in blue, and plan to one day cosplay her in the blue dress, my boyfriend is also excited about doing Phillip with me.
LadyMermaid
i see dead dolliehs

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials