Go to footer

1:1 Scale

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

Re: 1:1 Scale

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:31 pm

yarwel wrote:It's also much cheaper than d-storic's 1-1 girl.

$6000?! D:
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Glomgrey » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:36 pm

Ahh! She needs a faceup badly, that blank featureless face is really creepy in 1:1 scale... reminds me of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noppera-b%C5%8D

Edit: I must admit though, the first thing I thought after getting over the willies from the blank face was that it would be awesome to make her into a robot. I'd make her look like Momo from Questionable Content XD
I'm not an artist, I just make stuff...
(and blog about it at http://unplas.tk)
Glomgrey
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby SillyLilPuppet » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:03 pm

oniakki wrote:And she's clocking in at only 192,500 yen, nice! I'd prefer a head with eye sockets instead of paint on, but i guess finding eyeballs would be basically impossible.

Now would it be better to just pick up her as the computer chassis rather then building one by hand... I wonder how well I could dissipate heat through the vinyl skin

If you really wanted, you could make or commision eyes made like the ones for kigurumi mascot heads, the big anime girl head ones. It'd give the appearance of glass eyes but wouldn't be heavy or bulky.

Also holy crap I shouldn't have peeked in here, had no idea they finally started selling her!
<>My Tumblr<>My Etsy<>Come chat!<>
Too many dolls, I give up.
SillyLilPuppet
Dolly Pardon

Postby oniakki » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:59 pm

SillyLilPuppet wrote:
oniakki wrote:And she's clocking in at only 192,500 yen, nice! I'd prefer a head with eye sockets instead of paint on, but i guess finding eyeballs would be basically impossible.

Now would it be better to just pick up her as the computer chassis rather then building one by hand... I wonder how well I could dissipate heat through the vinyl skin

If you really wanted, you could make or commision eyes made like the ones for kigurumi mascot heads, the big anime girl head ones. It'd give the appearance of glass eyes but wouldn't be heavy or bulky.

Also holy crap I shouldn't have peeked in here, had no idea they finally started selling her!

yeah, in hind-sight potential eyes are a lot more common then I had initially thought. There is a wide array of animatronics and other costume prop companies that make eyes in the various larger sizes.
oniakki
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby jemlovecraft » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:19 pm

*thread revival ray*

Has anyone checked out Magical Angel's 1:1 Iris? She's under $2000 with shipping.
deviantArt
Flickr
Story blog/Doll blog
At Home: BBB Ariel (Leah) ♠ DZ Hid (Sam) ♠ DZ Mo/AOD (Pen) ♠ RS Fei (Siri) ♠ RS Tang/D-Leaves (Cord) ♠ RS An (Michael)
jemlovecraft
Dolly Pardon

Postby K2! » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:49 pm

jemlovecraft wrote:Has anyone checked out Magical Angel's 1:1 Iris? She's under $2000 with shipping.

Since the only material they list is "resin", I would guess it's built just like a regular resin doll. That doll has got to weigh a ton! Okay, maybe only a quarter ton.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby jemlovecraft » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:38 pm

K2! wrote:Since the only material they list is "resin", I would guess it's built just like a regular resin doll. That doll has got to weigh a ton! Okay, maybe only a quarter ton.

That's what it would seem. I can't imagine trying to restring her... :shock:
deviantArt
Flickr
Story blog/Doll blog
At Home: BBB Ariel (Leah) ♠ DZ Hid (Sam) ♠ DZ Mo/AOD (Pen) ♠ RS Fei (Siri) ♠ RS Tang/D-Leaves (Cord) ♠ RS An (Michael)
jemlovecraft
Dolly Pardon

Postby oniakki » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:26 am

At 180 cm she's just an inch and a fraction shorter then I am. :p

jemlovecraft wrote:{...} I can't imagine trying to restring her... :shock:

*Pictures piles of bungee cable, a number of unfolded coat hangers, and life size body parts scattered around a living room.
oniakki
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby OkamiKodomo » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:32 am

oniakki wrote:At 180 cm she's just an inch and a fraction shorter then I am. :p

jemlovecraft wrote:{...} I can't imagine trying to restring her... :shock:

*Pictures piles of bungee cable, a number of unfolded coat hangers, and life size body parts scattered around a living room.

Just get some fake blood and crime scene tape, and you'd be all set.
Too many dollies to list. Check my profile if you wanna know who's who!
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby jemlovecraft » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:25 am

Eep! And I'm almost 10 inches shorter than her! (I'm exactly 5' tall, and she's almost 5'10"...)
deviantArt
Flickr
Story blog/Doll blog
jemlovecraft
Dolly Pardon

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials