Go to footer

Doctor Who toy news

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

Doctor Who toy news

Postby DollyKim » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:47 am

For Doctor Who toys and goodies, especially if our dolls can use them!

1/6 scale Doctor Who heads, some can be bought with bodies. All male heads fit easy to find bodies with Dragon/DML style necks including the regular Obitsu male. Female sculpts work on a long neck with a short plug, I have mine on a Jason Wu, you might need to give it a hair cut for some bodies. The heads are resin and well made, I have 10 of her sculpts.

*Big update- The Ebay store is cheaper, at least for the US http://stores.ebay.com/Action-Figure-He ... 7675.l2563 but if you can't find who you're looking for check the store http://www.wantedactionfigure.com Either way she will ship world wide.
Last edited by DollyKim on Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Re: Doctor Who toy news

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:21 am

I saw a bunch of Dr. Who stuff at FYE. I though about grabbing some, but I'm not a fan myself (due to not ever having seen any of the show) and I didn't know if anyone here would want the stuff I saw.

I remember there was a sonic screwdriver (not sure which version), a Tardis tin full of green goo with severed body parts in it, and a talking Dalek plush keychain.

-__-; I don't know if they'll still have the same stuff in stock by the next time I go to the mall. (I don't go there very often.)
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Vetinari » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:43 am

Character - like many other companies is suffering financially... As such radical changes to the toy range are planned:

5" figures are planned to be replaced with 3.75" figures. Depending on who you ask this is either awesome/ the End Of The World... (Got to say I'm looking forward to being able to have Jedi v. Daleks on my desk to scale! And a TARDIS with Iron Man/Captain Sparrow as the companions...)

There's been a 3rd series of CB figures - they look rather sweet - however the release has been small so far - I've seen neither hide nor hair of them!

And finally.... Since it's the 50th Anniversary this year a load of re-releases and exclusives are planned; including re-releasing all of the Sonic Screwdrivers (Future River Song Screwdriver inclusive), a Union Jack Dalek, and a collectible series of CB figures made up of all of the Doctors 1-11 in alternate costumes (fingers crossed that this is released)
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
...reshelling Szesil Markowski and Garan Idasson
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby DollyKim » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:39 am

All 11 Doctors are available as heads only, check the Ebay store it might be cheaper http://stores.ebay.com/Action-Figure-He ... 7675.l2563 if it's not there check the regular site http://wantedactionfigure.com/shop.asp? ... ch=who&p=1
8 of them come with bodies http://wantedactionfigure.com/shop.asp? ... search=who I receive regular buy one get one free codes from the seller which work for heads and heads and bodies so feel free to PM me for one.

The heads are resin and fit the very common Dragon style neck, bodies are inexpensive and easy to find, you can get different heights and body types.

I have 2 Doctors painted up.

Last edited by DollyKim on Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby DollyKim » Thu May 23, 2013 8:04 pm

The Trans Temporal Sonic Screwdriver is out about. The pieces fit with the customizable set from awhile back and it comes with a power unit so now you can have two that make noise.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Vetinari » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:07 pm

Is that the steampunky/flocked wallpaper one?

50th Anniversary Year so far has been a bit of a flop merchandise-wise; some strangely decided books have been reissued (I still don't understand the decision to rerelease Earthworld, when they could have had The City of The Dead, The Year of Intelligent Tigers, hell even Reckless Engineering was a better one off read, or maybe the highly regarded Fear Itself - which was purposefully continuity free)

There's been rereleases of old sonics for people who couldn't get them the 1st time around, and the promise of 11 Doctors blind bags from the faux-Lego range which I really hope turn out to be true!
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby DollyKim » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:04 am

This is the new screwdriver.

I bought it because I already have the customizable screwdriver. I've only got 2 sounds out of it but a second power unit, it comes out of the handle, is a second power unit.

Figure wise I pounced on the 11 Doctor 5" release because they're the same scale roughly as the Star Trek Playmates I already have, although the bottom line was to get 8. Pick a scale or type, like the Lego ones, and stick to it. I could go companion and play set crazy but it's easier to decide I like the look of 8's TARDIS and until they make an official one we'll just get by.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Vetinari » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:37 am

Oh yeah - that one is my favourite of them by a mile! I keep dithering over whether to have the hexagonal handle or the "modern London" handle though

My Doctor Who figure collection is a random mix of multiple Doctors (including 4 with a random part of his TARDIS console, and Regen Eccles-Tennant) and monsters that look cool, oh and Captain John Hart (Seriously that guy is how Captain Jack should have turned out). I'm in no way a completest, actually an awful lot of my figures were gifts! Though I suppose a 5" 12 is now out of the question... Sigh! Mini-McGann is of course my fave of these, and yes he is hugging a Dalek!

I'm still holding out for a Big Chief Eight - I'd buy that so quickly! And then give him various alternate frock-coats, and Fitz's leather jacket and suits and... Oh dear well you get the idea!
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby DollyKim » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:46 am

Big Chief is taking pre orders for their Fourth Doctor doll, state side I suggest keeping an eye on the places that carry Big Chief. Expect him to be in the $200 price range like Elebenty was.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby DollyKim » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:51 am

Pre orders are being taken for the 50th Anniversary Other Doctor (the War Doctor, 8.5, John Hurt) along with a spare 8/Paul McGann head with shorter hair. The scale is 5 inch like the 11 figure set.

Now to hope for a 12/Capaldi in that size.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials