Go to footer

Littlest Pet Shop Blythes, anyone??

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

Re: Littlest Pet Shop Blythes, anyone??

Postby Rosinha » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:12 am

I have three. I already sliced one of their heads open to reroot :P. (Pic is in Introduction thread.) I'm also planning to make clothes for them out of fabric samples. I'd like to put one head on a body with bendable arms and knees.
Rosinha
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby LiveLoveYarn » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:15 am

cirquemom wrote:My daughter got me a couple of them- she thought they would make good dolls for my dolls!
:)They are really cute.

Aw how sweets, that's a good idea I hadn't though of!

Rosinha wrote:I have three. I already sliced one of their heads open to reroot :P. (Pic is in Introduction thread.) I'm also planning to make clothes for them out of fabric samples. I'd like to put one head on a body with bendable arms and knees.

Oh cool! I'll have to check it out!! I would probably (maybe??) buy a re-root tool for it cuz me and knives/blades don't get a long very well...I'll have to check you're out!! I have a friend who put hers on an 11cm obitsu...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/74531910@N04/6986388843/

I think it really works and is quite cute ^_^

That is NOT MY PIC. It is Shepuppy's.
Anxiously awaiting Tryniti and Acorn!
LiveLoveYarn
Dolly Pardon

Postby hanabushi » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:51 am

I want one of these so badly, but other doll purchases keep edging them out (also I have no use for the pets themselves). I had several Blythes as a child (and cringe now that I no longer have them :( ) and really want at least one for nostalgia's sake.

For those of you who do have them out of curiosity do their eyes move? (I don't of course think they have the capacity for the color change eyemech but I have heard conflicting reports on whether or not their eyes shift side to side)
hanabushi
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Evelien » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:36 am

I've read multiple times that they don't move side to side but I've never held one myself.

I've been tempted by these little girls so many times now. I've seen them for $7 and less now and still I didn't want to buy one - until now. But now that I'm actively looking for one, they're all up at $20 again -_-
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Rosinha » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:21 am

Hanabushi, the eyes don't move. You can pop them right out if you put the head in hot water. I bought them for $7 w/o the pets (at Bart Smit, Evelien).
Rosinha
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Evelien » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:31 am

I'll check it out! (I was at Blokker yesterday, no luck there, they were on 'sale' for $20. Ouch)
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Rosinha » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:37 am

Live Love Yarn, that Obitsu looks good! A licca body would also be a possibility, but I haven't bought one yet. I plan to use a ventilation needle to make lace wigs for the rerooting. My original plan was to make tiny lace wigs for my dolls, but it's even more work than rerooting. They make them with mohair for reborn babies and it looks very realistic.
Rosinha
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby LiveLoveYarn » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:15 pm

Rosinha wrote:Live Love Yarn, that Obitsu looks good! A licca body would also be a possibility, but I haven't bought one yet. I plan to use a ventilation needle to make lace wigs for the rerooting. My original plan was to make tiny lace wigs for my dolls, but it's even more work than rerooting. They make them with mohair for reborn babies and it looks very realistic.

Interesting!! Would make for a much more proportional doll :P
Anxiously awaiting Tryniti and Acorn!
LiveLoveYarn
Dolly Pardon

Postby Rosinha » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:42 pm

Yes, although I also like the licca heads. The Blythe head is probably easier to customise. You can bake little balls out of clay, paint them and press them in the eyesockets. I'm trying to get in touch with Manika.com for a Licca Chan doll, but no response so far.
Rosinha
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Wardah » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:46 am

I liked the old ones but I like the new ones in the store too. The only things I don't care much for are the plastic hair and clothes but I imagine that can be fixed easy enough with new clothes and a wig or rerooting tool.
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials