Go to footer

Sasha Doll

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

Re: Sasha Doll

Postby Aeilia » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:44 am

She's lovely, and so is her dress! I love Sasha, but didn't think I could ever afford her. I don't have a Sasha doll myself, but a good friends daughter has had one since she was a little girl. Her Sasha has spent a lot of time visiting me, while having new clothes made. Sasha's owner is now all grown up, and she's doesn't play much with her doll, but I'm still adding things to her wardrobe. :)
Aeilia
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Ivory moose » Sat May 04, 2013 8:43 pm

Yeh......A Sasha Thread.....

I am new to this board, it's so nice of the moderators to accept any kind of doll....even Sashas! :D

I only have 2 Sashas, both from England. They are both mid 1970s dolls with brown elastic cords. The red dress brunette came mint in box, this is her first outing! Her hair is still in pristine factory curls, never combed, never washed. It was such a pleasure to photograph and so easy to handle. The blonde doll was bought almost naked, her hair in complete mess, I thought I had to do re-rooting. However, after giving her a make over spa, her hair threw up the most beautiful sparkling Sasha curls, I could not believe my eyes. I bought her a Sasha 1960s a-go-go outfit. So, that brown leather dress is not her original. Seeing her now, I cannot believe she's the same wreck I bought on eBay.

Longwood Gardens Pennsylvania by infinity_zero, on Flickr

The spa. Sasha endured great hardship and survived the hair comb through to untangle her hair. It was risky because her hair could fall off, I was prepared to re-root. But alas, her hair did not fall off. After untangling and restyling, her curls are impressive.
Ivory moose
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby koratheexplora » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:52 am

I have a red headed Sasha I call Sarah here who hasn't been getting too much love lately. Perhaps I shall dress her and make a post about her here! :)
koratheexplora
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Eseme » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:21 am

I love the look of these dolls, I know there ate also boys. One of the doll dressmaking books I have has these dolls in it, that is how I learned about them.

Thanks for the pics everyone!

Eseme
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Postby koratheexplora » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:29 pm

Eseme wrote:I love the look of these dolls, I know there ate also boys. One of the doll dressmaking books I have has these dolls in it, that is how I learned about them.

Thanks for the pics everyone!

Eseme

Yes, the boys are called Gregor and they also have babies and toddlers.
koratheexplora
i see dead dolliehs

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials