Go to footer

They cost HOW MUCH? No, really... how much. x-post.

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

Re: They cost HOW MUCH? No, really... how much. x-post.

Postby skookum hime » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:32 pm

My most expensive is probably Atlantis
110 for his head
i think 300 for the body.
plus all that time and supplies to clean him after the fire too XD
2 handmade dread wigs, numererous eyes to get the right ones, and I have to get a new pair for him now that his old ones are ruined.
I think overall I have spent close to 550 on him

Least expensive is Caurie.
I traded two bobobie tinies and all their gear and wigs and such for her original incarnation. And recieved her as a surprise after the fire cause Rattimoth leaked my intentions of purchasing a new incarnation of her. Overall most of her new stuff was gifts or handmade. She is so spoiled is not even funny. But still. She the cheapest, even my Blitzava Fox I spent 69 dollars on. I think she is at 50.
skookum hime
Dolly Pardon

Postby victoriavictrix » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:45 pm

$790 for Sera, all told, including the eyes I had to special order through a Japanese buying firm and the Soom wings.
JM is probably close...AoD body and I've gone through 4 heads to find the perfect one, so $600, but I got about $150 of that back selling the heads that didn't work.

Cheapest is a tossup between my BBB (now hornless) Nissa who was a gift, and the DZ Leo I am modding who was a trade, cost me a box of signed books, so $20 for shipping.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby TheShadow » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:10 am

My most expensive resin was $1500. My husband had been looking for a "manly" looking man doll for his resin girls. We found Yukinojo just by browsing faces and body types. When my husband settled on him, we were aghast at what this hunk of man resin went for.....especially considering that the only way to get one was secondary market (only 100 were made). A friend of ours had one and decided she wasn't bonding.....so we scared up the $1500 for him.

After he was here for awhile, my husband just didn't take that many pictures of him. He took him out, but believe it or not, Yukinojo just didn't inspire him. I asked if I could play with him awhile and make him some clothes and within a few weeks, my husband just said....."if you want him, he's yours." I saved up some money and had one of my favorite faceup artists make Yukinojo unique from other Yukinojos...and then I named him Orlando (after Orlando Bloom.....blush!) He's uniquely mine and I wouldn't trade him for anything.

My least expensive resin would also be my latest purchase.....Planetdoll mini elf Renee at $159. She's just darling! She's so darling that my husband couldn't stop playing with her, too. So I had to get him one for father's day! Here's my Pixie......Tawnee.

TheShadow
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby leopardessmoon » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:26 am

my most expensive is also my smallest! Razzberry, CCC Fuuga at $289+ shipping and about $20 in supplies for makeing her wig and clothes. I got lucky with eyes and found some awsome beads in my bead drawer that are just perfect!
my cheapest...well bjd-wise is Talia( hujoo berry) I think she was $40? and I had lots of bratz clothes...I made her eyes and neko ears. I think her most expensive accessory is her skateboarding doggy!. non-bjd, >.< well I have obitsus... barbies...figmas...oh! and TEX! (wrangler cowbody doll) he was a gift from my mom for my 9th B-day and his new gi-joe body was a gift from my SO (tex suffered from "the melt!" where the vinyl of the legs chemically reacts to the plastic in the torso)...*note to self- finish fitting Tex's head to his new body and make him new cowboy boots!*
leopardessmoon

Postby delbelcoure » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:16 pm

Most expensive is Morgan, my CP El
I bought his head first 150.00 with eyes and faceup
then his body 612.59
Three wigs- 2 from LeeKe one from ebay about 74.00
He doesn't want me to buy him clothes, or make him wigs, he wants bought clothes!100 outfit from Resincon, Dollheart outfit 114.85,Dollmore shoes 35
So, he cost 1084.66 to the best of my reckoning!
My Least expensive? Tiffany Taylor vintage doll from thrift store
Doll 2.00
patterns found on internet free
fabric for clothes 19.00
2nd doll to mug for original shoes and swimsuit 16.00
Shoes 4 pr 35.00
total 72.00
Wait a minute! She's not so cheap after all :lol: I guess I just am willing spend a lot to shoe and dress a doll.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/delbelcoure
Does this, will this, enhance my life or the lives of others?
-Don Aslett
Ack! I'm being overrun by Monster High dolls and frankendollies!
delbelcoure
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DinobotDen » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:16 am

Most expensive: Nijika. I got her, second hand from a JS forum member, for $210 with shipping, and she came with a Haruka head, eyes, a wig, and a nightgown. I traded a hand-knit scarf with another forum member for their spare ws Obitsu 60cm Default head, and the Haruka head has become Rattrap, who will eventually knock Nijika out of first place, as I'll be buying his body and the small option chest for the 50cm from Emory.

Least expensive: Tie between Mara, and Denver. Only reason Aoife and Taryn lost their spots is 'cause I've already spent money on spoiling them(Granted, it's been less than $10, but still) All four of them, together, cost me about... $20, and that was all shipping costs to help get them from my friend Tam's place up in Canada. Denver's lacking a head, but that'll change next semester, after I get my financial aid refund check... Couple others of mine're getting new heads as well, and I'll prolly be commissioning someone to re-do Rattrap's faceup, since I'm not too thrilled with the job I did on it.

My one resin-kid, Nika, cost me about $80, which I'm still paying off slowly.
I am the Transformers Dolls' Primus. :3

Saving up for: Bobobie Charisma, Fleshtone
DinobotDen
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Aeilia » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:09 am

My most expensive doll to date is my Soulkid Apple. She was just over $339 US. I think shipping was around $30 from JS to Canada. By the time I'd paid exchange on the dollar, it came to just over $400. I've also bought a fair amount of fabric for her potential wardrobe, so it's probably a total of around $500.

The least expensive would be my little Konji Doll, Moon. She was around $30, with the shipping.
Aeilia
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby embyquinn » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:17 am

I don't have any resins (yet), but my most expensive doll would probably be Chae-ri. She cost $17, but I've probably spent over $100 on her wardrobe and wigs by now.

My least expensive? Easy. The Doctor cost me a whopping two bucks at the thrift store, and I made his clothes.
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials