Go to footer

They cost HOW MUCH? No, really... how much. x-post.

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

They cost HOW MUCH? No, really... how much. x-post.

Postby kiki-chan78 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:46 pm

Okay, everyone knows that doll owners are absolutely insane, and enjoy every minute of their insanity. After all, who else would drop exorbitant chunks of cash into dolls?

So let's have a little fun. Who is your most expensive doll, who is the least expensive and why? Sometimes the answers may surprise us. >.<;;;

====================

I'll go first.

Most Expensive.

Hands down it's gotta be Seiki. He's a 60cm Dollzone Hirry... with a sticker price of $400 for a blank doll. Spent about $20 for the wig, around $15 for the side-burns... another approximate $15-$20 for eyes (two different colors). Let's make the glasses another $40 since he keeps breaking them and has already gone through about four or five different sets. Which brings him dangerously close to $500.

Because he's a lovable jerk, I won't go into his previous vinyl form. Also won't go into detail about his clothes or shoes. ^.~

Least Expensive.

I think that due to the fact that he was a prize, Niko prolly is my least expensive doll. Though, even if he hadn't been, he still would have been pretty far down the totem pole. He's a 50cm obitsu, with default head. Niko's financial expenses have been; Ears ($20), small chestplate ($12), new hands ($12), eyes ($7), and wig ($20)... which brings him to about $70 sans clothes. ^_^;;;

Though, if he hadn't been a prize, Niko's total would be about $300.

Kijin is technically my least expensive doll that I bought. When I got Seiki, I paid enough to get the promotional item, a DZ Mini-BB. Unfortunately, I'm stupid and didn't realize how much of a pill one of my other dolls was going to be... and promptly promised my Mini-BB to a friend since I didn't want another doll. Haha, I'm really stupid.

The Mini-BBs started coming in, and it dawned on me how abso-whorishly adorable they were. They were also about the right size to make Nanjiro stop trying to steal other small dolls (it was a serious problem!). I instantly dropped $50 on a blank WS Leo, and was able to trade it for a blank NS-P Leo. Wig was $16, and the eyes were also about $16 (soft glass, really nice!). His total is about $80.

*Kijin is the only one of my dolls that I didn't face-up! His face-up was done by the insanely talented Allison Strom (illustrator for the Avalon books written by Rachel Roberts), who unfortunately doesn't readily accept commissions.

<3

-Kiki-chan78.
kiki-chan78
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Re: They cost HOW MUCH? No, really... how much. x-post.

Postby Greyhaunt » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:59 pm

Hmmmm....

Most expensive? SHERRIS!!!

Sure, I paid $600 or so for my DZ Yuu, but so far Sherris has cost me...
Body #1 - $179 (later sold for $100)
Head #1 - $18.50
Wig - $23.00
Eyes #1 - $16.50
Body #2 - $250 (being gifted to another forum member)
Eyes #2 - $9.99
Head #2 - $18.50
Body #3 - $400
Shoes (combined) - $125
Total: $1040.49
and she's still all vinyl! Wow, and to think, I could have bought a ....VOLKS for all that money... :lol: :lol:

Cheapest (as long as we are sticking with BJDs)
It's a tie between my Felixdoll Brownies - Toil and Trouble. Each one was only $80, each wig $10 and their respective vehicles were each $1. So, $91 for the win :)

Non-bjd cheapest $3.99 kitty clown doll purchased in Estes Park, CO.
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Yanagi-sen » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:08 pm

Cool idea...

Most Expensive:

That would be Momiji. He is a Luts Kid Delf Ani, roughly $280 counting the shipping. Wig = $20... not going into the face-ups (on his second), shoes, random clothes, chair, backpack, plushies...

So approx $300 + clothes and accessories. Yes, he is my pretty princess.

I really need pics of his new face up...

Least Expensive:

Touda would fall into this catagory. He is a DZ Leo, was around $110 with the shipping, another $20 for the wig... he doesn't have as much 'stuff', and I've made all his clothes.

So Touda is about $130 total.

Yanagi-sen
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:40 pm

Its weird that my action figures forms both ends of this topic. Unless I count the increasing number of wigs for my Volks WTG Yamato none my customed 1/6 vinyl dolls could break the $100 marker even though some of them are on new heads or body. Go figure.

Medicom Snake and Medicom Chun Li both at $175 each. Might not mean much but after conversion its like a week of my salary with pre-ordered Medi-Chun arriving when i lost my job.

Cheapest would be my unknown brand Street Fighter limited articulation dolls (YR and Big Chun) at probably $15 until they gotten new bodies
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby DollyKim » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:57 am

Price per inch/centimeter I think Luci my Orientdoll So wins. She was about $10 per cm.

Justin was part of a $7 grab bag, counting everything I got in it he most likely qualifies at the "cheapest".
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Stormlight » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:28 am

It's surprisingly difficult to say, actually. Just counting my resins, most of my dolls come from one company (Luts) and their prices fluctuate a lot. I'd say probably my tanned Dark Elf Soo was my most expensive. This was way before Luts's price drops, and including the faceup, wig, shoes and clothes, and the Soom silicone eyes I'd bought for her, she was just over the $700 mark (NOT including the outrageous shipping, which was another $65).

For the least expensive (not counting my 1/6 vinyls), it's the Souldoll Little Kimmy I bought from Arrowchild. He was $300, plus the cost of a faceup. Also bought him two wigs from Monique for $16.50 each. His clothes I already had, although I'll need to start looking around for more since he fits better into Barbie clothes than he does the male Obitsu and Volks clothes, and pink and sparkly just doesn't suit his style. ^^;

Sorry, don't have pics of Jaden yet.
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Kirahfaye » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:08 am

Well, I might have to reserve my spot since my more expensive doll isn't here yet - my AOD SD Qian. She's $265 blank faced and I'm either going to attempt her faceup myself or send her out. I've been eying a Fer on DOA in the MP for her and that would add significantly to her price. I'll probably get her some Eyeco Soft Glass or Captured in Glass eyes. I'm still looking for her wig, although I could probably snatch the "Hannah Montana" wig on my daughter's Hujoo for a temp one.

Since I only have 2 other dolls, its hard to say. They probably both end up costing about the same.

My Pukisha was pieced together ($110 for body/head back [and an outfit I didn't keep], $25 for cat parts, $35 for faceplate with the jhinn faceup, $26 for Tinybear Curly Tots wig, $10 for her amine eyes). She wears Kelly clothing which is cheap and easy to find online. My PD mini-Renee was $130 which included a gnarly wig and some blue acrylic eyes. Cailin came with a sweet (though to be redone) faceup and body blushing. She has Captured in Glass eyes (about $15 w/shipping) and a Tinybear wig (about $22). She kind of/sort of fits into Barbie clothing and I've commissioned a Raw Kiss outfit for $45.

Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Dark Angel » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:54 pm

I guess my most expensive would be my Luts Chiwoo. (before they lowered their prices) He was one of the last dolls that they did custom faceups for. And he was $650.

My least expensive is my newest, Mikko. A RS Bei. She was only $118 including shipping.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby richila » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:41 pm

Most expensive is my Iplehouse Benny, Leila, whose layaway I just paid off. $485 blank with enchanted eyes and shipping. I have already purchased a wig, underwear and canopy bed and wardrobe with vanity for her. I have yet to order her shoes.
Least expensive is my Resin Soul Mei, Nefertari. I got her used for $150 and that included shipping. Also, I have only purchased one pair of eyes for her and they are perfect. Unlike Shriara Abha who went through 4 pairs before finding the right ones.
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby lilreeper » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:18 pm

For me? Rave has been the most expensive doll.
When I bought him second hand, with shipping, he was $550.
Then, I've had clothes made for him and bought clothes. Around $100 worth of clothes, not including the $50 outfit I'm still waiting on.
Then there's the eyes and wigs, in total probably adding up to another $50.
And the shoes I've bought him, totaling another $25 in total.
The worth of the things that were made for him that I got for free would most likely add up to another $75, if not $100.
Not to mention what I have planned for him: Jointed hands ($110+shipping) I'll be purchasing the end of August, and Hooves($300) I'll be purchasing when I can afford it.
He's an expensive little bitch but I love him all the same <3

My Obitsu wasn't expensive while she was here. I think in total I spent around $400 on her and her things.

My Customhouse was been my least expensive, only costing me $300 in total, with the few things I've bought for him.
HOME: Dollzone Yuu-1 YS (Rave) Doll Family A Shawna (Nicole) Doll Family A event head (Paul) BBB Pandora on F-Doll body (Gabrielle) BBB Rachel (Susan) D.I.M. "secret" minimee head pending body (Maria)
lilreeper
i see dead dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials