Go to footer

Check Out My Little Halloween Treat!

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

Check Out My Little Halloween Treat!

Postby magkelly » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:53 pm

My preteen Oz loving niece just picked me up one of these for Halloween.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... 1219239430

(Pics on Ebay...)

Our flea market is open Weds morning. The kids and their Mom were having a special M&D's day. No school for them. They went out there today for shopping and the little kids Halloween parade. She was walking around and she found THREE of them brand new in the box. The woman originally only wanted $12 a pop and she gave her $2 off each one for buying all 3 so she got all 3 for like $30. She promptly blew all her own money on them. She kept one, gave one to her little sister, and saved one for me. She couldn't even wait till she got home to tell me. She called me from the car on her cell to share her glee. It was perfect timing. Snagging 3 MA wicked witches on the day before Halloween for $10 a pop? It was clearly fate, grin.

I looked on Ebay. You can apparently get them for like $25-100 plus shipping here and there but as I recall this doll was like $75-100 when they brought them out so this was a very nice deal. I do vaguely remember looking at her once and thinking she was very unusual and rather cute for a doll of that type but I never did go for it. I'm not usually much for 18" little girl type dolls and at that price I wasn't too keen to actually pop for one. As a gift though I think the price is right and I will make an exception for her. She can join my crew of oddball dolls...

I haven't actually seen her as yet she's still over at their house and I probably won't see them till later this weekend but she sent me that link to show me which doll and I checked her out elsewhere too. Reviews are good. She's supposed to be a very well made doll and looks to be nice shade of green. Her costume looks very cute I think. Somewhere in my boxes of shoes I think I have a pair of ruby glitter slippers that should fit an 18" doll about her size. I may just make her another more modern outfit with an Oz flair, something with green and black stripes. I do have a little kid's T-shirt that has them that I can work with. I guess outfits for the kids too. It's the least I can do since she bought me the doll. :mrgreen:

The younger one she has an 18" girl similar to this one from MA so she has a few things that could fit hers but I don't think there's enough stuff for my older niece to outfit hers properly. As I recall she wasn't much into 18" dolls when she was the right age. I don't recall her having one even though AG dolls were crazy hot then. Decent 18" doll outfits are not cheap though. Even the Our Generation stuff at Target is $20 and up most of it. If it's less it's usually pretty junky. I think TRU has their own 18" line too. Adventure Girls or something like that? Likely my SIL will take them over and get them a couple of things but right now my own doll budget is pretty well blown, tub repair, so I'll be making my own green girl some custom clothes. I'm not sure what I might have to fit. I might have some 18" doll jeans somewhere but the only other 18" doll I have is a slim waist 18" doll, a BFC ink girl and her clothes probably won't fit this girl.

Hmm, an idea just struck me. I think I am actually going to make us all some "Surrender Dorothy" T-shirts. That might be too funny, no? :lol:

Her doll will of course likely be some variation on "Elphaba" after the character in Wicked because that's where her big Oz thing springs from. (Though she has read all the Oz books. We have them all in ebook format.) She has a Tonner witch though by that name so I don't know what she'll decide to do with the 18" doll actually. She also has a Tonner Matt for Fiyero, a Tonner Glinda, and a Tonner WWOTE, who is of course Nessarose. She's totally obsessed with the play and has seen it at least half a dozen time now I think. She's also got a huge, huge girl crush on Idina Menzel but that's another story. Kid wants to be a Broadway star someday. Eh, who am I to discourage her? She can actually sing, a little. :roll:

I know all about Wicked but it's mostly from listening to her. ( I have read the books it's based on.) I have yet to see it though I have seen clips on You Tube with Menzel singing. One of these days I suppose I should actually get around to going. It's supposed to be fun. I do like Oz but I'm not obsessed with it though...
magkelly
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Re: Check Out My Little Halloween Treat!

Postby littlesamuraigirl » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:14 pm

Oooh, lucky you! :) She's gorgeous! Madame Alexanders are what got me interested in dolls to begin with, so I love seeing all of them.
littlesamuraigirl
dolliehs are watching me O.O;

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials