Go to footer

1/6 Scale Sewing [Update: 17th April '17]

They're too sexy for their clothing - but they have to wear them anyway! Did you buy it? Did you make it? Who cares - let'm strut their stuff here!

1/6 Scale Sewing [Update: 17th April '17]

Postby werepuppy » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:50 pm

Because I felt like sewing, and wanted to attempt to make a collar

I know the collar looks on the larger side for 1/6 scale in the picture, but IRL it's honestly not too bad? The sleeves are just beyond elbow length, and the skirt of the dress hits the top of her knee. She quite likes it, and honestly, I'm kind of proud of having managed it with as little fabric as I had left, and from just sort of ... throwing a pattern together out of nowhere. Fully hemmed and Velcro down the back. So... yeah.
Last edited by werepuppy on Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
werepuppy
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Re: New Dress for Wednesday Addams

Postby DollyKim » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:53 am

Looks like it works to me.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Re: New Dress for Wednesday Addams

Postby Dark Angel » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:53 am

I like it! And I think she does too.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Re: 1/6 Scale Sewing [Update: 17th April '17]

Postby werepuppy » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:39 am

Thank you both! I decided to go back and re-do the collar a bit because it was annoying me. I'm happier with it now. I also re-did the Velcro on the back and now she doesn't need the ribbon belt. Also-also, I re-hemmed the sleeves to make them look a bit tidier.

I also made two dresses from the same style of pattern for a Made to Move Barbie (renamed Pippa Pentangle) and my Elphaba (which is Casta Fierce but sssh, she's Elphie.) This was a pattern I mocked up myself using the measurements of the dolls and just plain drawing paper. Sleeves were part of the pattern but attached to the main bulk of the dress because I am rubbish at inserting sleeves so... yeah

Biggest challenge here was getting Elphie's to close properly - the measurements are correct but due to that doll being particularly curvy, it likes to gap a little. Luckily it's not noticeable. Pippa's ribbon belt has been exchanged for a black one to match her black hair tie. I need to try to get shoes for her. (Also I need to make witches hats. Because.)
werepuppy
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Dark Angel » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:31 pm

The collar looks a lot better now, more defined. Good job!
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Eseme » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:52 am

Great job! The dresses look good, and the fabric pattern is to scale. Collars are HARD, you did a great job.

Eseme
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Fashionista Revolution