Go to footer

The Dollieh Waiting Room

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: The Dollieh Waiting Room

Postby werepuppy » Sun May 07, 2017 3:48 am

It'll be amazing to see the final product Vetinari!

Nothing in the waiting room yet, personally. Still need to raise the funds.
werepuppy
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Vetinari » Sun May 07, 2017 8:21 am

Thanks! :D It's nice to know that you like him so far! I've got a feeling he's going to turn into my 'pocket' toy, being carried around all over the place for impromptu photo sessions.

Hah- know the feeling about the funds. If I hadn't scored an 11cm for £15 shipped from Mandarake I think he'd be permanently disembodied for the foreseeable future. Most of my doll funds are being plugged into pre-orders that are like distant dreams given that most of them are due midway through next year at the earliest. (Though the Hot Toys MK46 is actually very nearly here so hooray! It's a thing of beauty from the owner photos that have cropped up.)
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
...reshelling Szesil Markowski and Garan Idasson
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Geekmama » Sun May 07, 2017 8:27 pm

Ha! Tony is so cute!! :D I love that he's snitching things from other characters. ^_^

I'm ridiculously excited about at Factory Blythe that I ordered. I went from thinking they were weird-looking (a few years ago) to desperately needing one, LOL! I made her a sweater today, and I made a whole bunch of socks for her and for my shop yesterday. I'm planning to do a bunch of stuff for her so she won't be nekkid when she gets here. Also thinking of doing up a roombox for her. SQUEEEEE! I love miniatures!!! :D
Geekmama
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Vetinari » Wed May 10, 2017 10:14 am

Geekmama wrote:Ha! Tony is so cute!! :D I love that he's snitching things from other characters. ^_^

I'm ridiculously excited about at Factory Blythe that I ordered. I went from thinking they were weird-looking (a few years ago) to desperately needing one, LOL! I made her a sweater today, and I made a whole bunch of socks for her and for my shop yesterday. I'm planning to do a bunch of stuff for her so she won't be nekkid when she gets here. Also thinking of doing up a roombox for her. SQUEEEEE! I love miniatures!!! :D

Thanks! I'm looking forward to putting him all together. He's going to be so teeny!

Haha! That's always the way isn't it? I was like that with Dollshe's Orijean sculpt at first, and now he's one of my favourites in my little group.
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
...reshelling Szesil Markowski and Garan Idasson
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Dark Angel » Wed May 10, 2017 6:40 pm

Just ordered another doll from Mirodoll! Took advantage of their 40% off sale and the 5% off that I received because I posted my Mirodoll pics on DoA. AAANNNDDD!!! I'll be getting a free 1/3 head because I spent lots of money. :lol:

I'm really excited about my new doll. I've been looking around for the perfect head for the character I want, and Mirodoll had one that's really close. (and $39 on sale! that never hurts!) They're going to do a custom faceup for me. :D

I also ordered a Lucifer head from Ringdoll. It'll go on one of the bodies I bought from Mirodoll.

Once I have my Lucifer head, I think I'll be pretty much set with reshelling most of my characters and maybe I'll start doing photostories again.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby werepuppy » Tue May 16, 2017 5:47 am

Waiting on my first Pullips arriving! I had made some money from sales and... yeah. I have Fantastic Alice Regeneration and Isul Classical Mad Hatter making their way to me. I'm really looking forward - I've never actually had a Pullip before so this will be a totally new experience for me.
werepuppy

Postby Qrinta » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:50 pm

Whelp. Put in my order for Dollzone Treida and Freida from DDE XD. Treida for me. Freida for my aunt.
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta

Postby Stormlight » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:38 am

Still waiting on my Fairyland F65 tanned Roke. Expecting an invoice from DenverDoll aaaaany day now... <3
Stormlight

Postby Dark Angel » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:52 pm

Qrinta wrote:Whelp. Put in my order for Dollzone Treida and Freida from DDE XD. Treida for me. Freida for my aunt.

Oh my gosh, no you didn't! :o I can't wait to see pictures.

I'm still waiting on my orders from Ringdoll and Mirodoll. Mirodoll said that my order would be ready 25 days from May 17th. So, assuming they mean business days, I'm on day 25. *crosses fingers* Any day now? (I don't see how, it was a large order. But maybe they'll surprise me.)
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Nimarkiva » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:37 pm

So, long story short, I'm eagerly awaiting a 3D printed 1/3 scale BJD girl, four wigs, and some faux fur that matches one of the wigs to make a tail and ears out of. The one fellow I was most eagerly awaiting arrived today, a second-hand Miro Doll Orlando gotten for me by a friend. Now he just needs his wig and whatnot. It is on the way with the 3D printed girl.

She is going to be a fun experiment, to say the least! I was playing around on Thingiverse, accidentally typed in "BJD" when searching for something else because I had auto-fill on and my Internet apparently knows that acronym is used often, and found that someone had crafted a very unique 1/3 scale BJD girl for 3D printing.

I figured, eh, what the heck, how often do you get the chance of getting any BJD for just $20 and not having to worry about it being a recast? She'll be printed in ABS plastic, that's not too different from any of my Hujoos. And I have been talking about getting a 1/3 scale girl to use for sizing clothes....why not? Could be a fun experiment if nothing else.

No idea what size eyes or wig she takes, I'll find out when she arrives tomorrow. I'm so excited- but with my luck, she'll arrive while I'm out running errands. XD
Nimarkiva
i see dead dolliehs

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'