Go to footer

Spam Please?!

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

Re: Spam Please?!

Postby Vetinari » Fri May 12, 2017 10:05 am

Unusual suspects:

Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
...reshelling Szesil Markowski and Garan Idasson
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby richila » Wed May 17, 2017 11:40 am

Dark Angel wrote:
richila wrote:ImageHi, from Richi and Riley! by Richila, on Flickr
After over 3 years of hard play, all of Richi's elastic broke at the same time while at school. Luckily, I was able to keep track of all her tiny parts and got her restrung. The arms were easy-first time was perfect. It took me a lot of tries to get the legs tight. Who knew it takes more than two feet of elastic to string a 2 inch tall doll?
But, my girl is back-as good as new- and doesn't need wiring anymore!

Is she a homemade doll? Or is she from a company? Also, is she resin? :P Sorry for all the questions suddenly!

Richi is a Dream High Studio Micro Piko in tan. She is 5cm tall and made of resin. The resin is a special formula to withstand being strung with elastic when so very tiny. The Piko head sculpt was a limited edition, but the G2 body is still available with different head sculpts. http://www.dreamhighstudio.com/store/c9/MICRO_BJD_%284-8CM%29.html
Richi is my favorite doll ever and travels everywhere with me in an ear bud case. :D
ImagePretty as a picture! by Richila, on Flickr
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Dark Angel » Wed May 17, 2017 7:41 pm

Oh! Yes, I remember seeing that doll before. I thought it was super cute. Richi is too. :) I think I'd take her everywhere too.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel

Postby DollyKim » Wed May 24, 2017 1:51 pm

Casting some doll head blasts from the pasts I made Amazing Mold Putty molds of. Beatles? Bee Gees? Young Sherlock? Julian? Who knows until they come out!

*Bee Gees and a couple of friends. Gotta dry more then I'll work on them.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Dark Angel » Thu May 25, 2017 7:23 pm

I don't know why, but I love the fact that you sculpt your own heads DollyKim. It's just so creative, I guess. Anyway, it's something that I aspire to one day. (course, I haven't even started...) One day maybe.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel

Postby DollyKim » Fri May 26, 2017 7:00 am

Thanks. I started about 10 years ago because I just couldn't find what I wanted. I looked in to books on sculpting and carving, one called Carving Humans was a big help, and went through a hella lotta fails before getting there. I still mess up quite a few. I've also been drawing people forever.

A lot of it is just getting out the clay and doing it. Start in the doll scale you're the most comfortable and familiar with. Keep those who work and smash those who don't.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Dark Angel » Fri May 26, 2017 12:11 pm

DollyKim wrote:A lot of it is just getting out the clay and doing it. Start in the doll scale you're the most comfortable and familiar with. Keep those who work and smash those who don't.

Thanks for the advice. :D But yeah, half the battle is just starting. Lol. Maybe one day when JoAnn's is having a sale, I'll grab up a bunch of clay and just start messing around.
My Family:
Dark Angel

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:40 pm

A bit of Drive-by doll spam, since I have to get the technically "new character" intro done up for this month.

ImagePasir Ris Beach edition

And someone earns a nice new outfit from Parabox to add to Magic based project line. Its a nice fit for an M-bust Obi 50, love the little ribbon lace-up at the back even though there's a zipper there. :D
ImageMeowgic the gathering004
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Dark Angel » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:06 am

That dress is super cute.
My Family:
Dark Angel

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:43 pm

When your doll splits herself into so many shells that she's a mere shadow of herself. AKA Big!Helen's shadow just happen to look more interesting.

Megu-Chun reporting in, A 50cm Nekomimi getto! Mission Accomplished!
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials