Go to footer

Sun Wukong WIP

Did you make that doll/wig/chair/whatever? No, really did you? Show us your finished products here! Post "How To's" in Tutorials

Sun Wukong WIP

Postby Dark Angel » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:41 pm

Sun Wukong has always appealed to me, in pretty much any form from stories, movies, or games. But the one I fell in love with first was the Sun Wukong from Warriors Orochi. So I decided to make my own! This is my first "character" doll. I hope I can do him justice.

The first task was looking for the right sculpt. I considered Impldoll Tank for a long time but something wasn't quite right. Then I found Mirodoll's Apollo and thought that his face looked almost perfect. (And so was the price :lol: )

So I ordered him with a custom faceup from Mirodoll since I'm not very good at faceups. I had purchased a clearanced Mirodoll 60cm body because there was a hole in his knee (on the inside) that they had filled. So I already have a body for him.

After waiting about 3 months, they sent me an email saying that my order was ready and that they would ship him on Monday. (today) They haven't sent an email saying that they've done that, but... maybe they did. Anyway, on to some pictures.

The body:

I restrung him and hot glue sueded him for better posing and now he poses like a dream.

And then I made a tail:

I put a wire inside of it that's wrapped with some bubblewrap stuff. The kind that's like a sheet. I don't know how to explain it. :lol: Then I shoved it in the sewn tail and then hot glued a magnet inside. Next was the magnet on his lower back.

It shows a bit if you look at it from the side, but it's not too bad. Besides, he'll probably be wearing pants/shirt that will cover it.

Fully posable tail:

And here's the picture that Mirodoll sent me with his faceup:

More to come as I -slowly- work on it.
Still needed:
-Wig
-Eyes
-Clothes
-Headband
-Staff

Extra: My "helper"
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Re: Sun Wukong WIP

Postby SetsunaKou » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:03 pm

WOW!!! Great job on the tail! It looks so perfect!!!! Nice work and can't wait to see him all done! :)
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:20 pm

This looks like an interesting project. Good luck!
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby TasiaChiba » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:37 pm

Oh, I'm so glad you finally got your notice!!! Has he shipped yet??? Their packages arrive super fast once they do, lol! Can't wait to see him all together!!!
http://eof.cloverpetals.com/images/dolliehsignature.png
Tasia@DA // Ends of Fate (BJD Site) // ResinAngel@DA (BJD)
Jacera (DM Lilis Liv) | Bríean (CP Shiwoo Vampire) | Inathe (Unoa Lusis) | Graeme (DS Saint) +moar~
TasiaChiba
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Dark Angel » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:02 am

He has shipped and he is here!

They sent him with yellow eyes like the reference photos, which was super nice! But I've ordered different ones already. I want his eyes to GLOW. (not literally)

And on his body:

The image got distorted when I cropped it. (I had to hide my messy desk! lol)

I think I'll try to do his wig next but this project might be slow going since I have to watch a puppy 24/7 or work. I try to sneak things in while he's sleeping.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel

Postby Dark Angel » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:26 pm

Starting making his "wig".

ImageImageImageImageImage

Added some fur to his tail, too.

Still need to add some lower, on to the back of his neck and then style it. But he's coming along, slowly by surely!
My Family:
Dark Angel

Postby Eseme » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:22 am

He looks great! I love the tail. So fun!

Eseme
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Dark Angel » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:34 am

Update time!

On DoA someone suggested I lower his tail, so this is where I am going to put it but I might need a different magnet to put it on his bum.

Also, I finished his hair and I LOVE it! It's a rare thing for me to actually like what I do, so I'm kind of on cloud 9 right now. lol.

There's a little gap between the headcap hair and the head hair but once I make his circlet it should cover it. Oh, and these are his new eyes.
My Family:
Dark Angel

Postby Eseme » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:40 pm

He looks so intense! And his hair is very cool.

Eseme
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Postby maywong » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:21 pm

He is looking good so far.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Custom Creations