Go to footer

Hello From a 1:6 Scale Doll Fanatic

Tell the world who you are!

Hello From a 1:6 Scale Doll Fanatic

Postby Kattriella » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:19 pm

Greetings, all! I'm Kattriella, or Katt for simplicity's sake. I have no idea how to write an introduction, so I guess I'll just ramble about myself for a bit.

I'm an adult "collector", but we all know that's code for "I still play with dolls but 'collector' sounds more socially acceptable so people don't look at me as strangely." My collection is almost exclusively 1:6 scale dolls, with the exception of two 1:3 scale BJDs who haven't seen daylight for some time now (mostly because of a cat that chews on things she shouldn't, including tiny resin fingers).

I'm an amateur doll customizer and photographer who enjoys making things for her tiny family and then taking photos of it. My philosophy is, if you can't find it, make it! Especially when it comes to clothes.

My current doll family is mainly Barbies and Color Infusion Dolls from Integrity Toys, with plans to add Obitsus to the mix in the new future. I prefer adult bodied dolls over dolls made to look like children, with the exception of dolls like Kelly, Chelsea, Stacie, or Skipper, or the child bodies from Obitsu that are in scale with the adult bodies.

I also enjoy testing out what fits what dolls, and sharing my knowledge, so if I stick around long enough, expect a lot of that, as well as the potential for clothing hauls and showing them off. (I do love to take pictures of my dolls, after all.)

My goal for the near future is investing in an actual camera and not just using my phone and figuring out a better lighting set up, as well as finishing my custom character dolls. I'll probably be asking a lot of questions, so please bear with me. ^u^;

Anyway, I'll see you all in the forums!
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Re: Hello From a 1:6 Scale Doll Fanatic

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:54 pm

Welcome!

Looking forward to seeing your pics :)
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm

Postby Kattriella » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:40 pm

ShortNCuddlyAm wrote:Welcome!

Looking forward to seeing your pics :)

First I have to figure out how to post pics. It's been a long time since I've used a forum with this setup . . .
Kattriella

Postby Dark Angel » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:32 pm

Welcome!

I know all about cats that like to chew resin fingers... After my cat ruined my dolls hands I decided to invest in a doll cabinet.

As for sharing pictures, you'll need to upload them to a photo sharing site like Flickr, Instagram, Tumblr, etc. And then from there you can share images on the forum. :) Hope you can figure it out, I'd love to see your dolly crew.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Kattriella » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:14 pm

Dark Angel wrote:Welcome!

I know all about cats that like to chew resin fingers... After my cat ruined my dolls hands I decided to invest in a doll cabinet.

As for sharing pictures, you'll need to upload them to a photo sharing site like Flickr, Instagram, Tumblr, etc. And then from there you can share images on the forum. :) Hope you can figure it out, I'd love to see your dolly crew.

It'll sadly have to wait until I get back from a trip in two weeks. My main source of internet is my phone, and since Net10's internet speed hasn't gone above 1x speed in a WEEK, I'm going to be switching providers when I get home. I pay for high speed internet, and I expect to get it. Is that too much to ask?

Also keep in mind that most of my doll fam is in the process of being customized. Nobody looks like themselves yet, with one exception. One girl has blue hair and brown eyes and she's supposed to be a blue-eyed redhead . . . Poor girl.
Kattriella

Postby Kattriella » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:21 am

Dark Angel wrote:Welcome!

Minor update: I managed to log into my Flickr and attempted to post an image over in the 1/6 scale forum, but I can't tell from my end if it worked because some images on this site don't want to display properly on my phone. (Now would be a great time for my service provider to fix whatever has been broken all week so my internet could work properly again.)
Kattriella

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:27 am

Welcome to the board.
1/6ers are quite the fun, portable bunch with their range of gear. Wish I had kept some of the Barbie stuff when I quit her years ago. I came back after getting an Ohitsu and fell in love with the customising and sewing part of the hobby.

I rotate my 1/6 and 1/3 since their projects sometimes overlap. It led to four of my dolls exisiting on both scales.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Kattriella » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:46 am

Iwa_Hoshi wrote:Welcome to the board.
1/6ers are quite the fun, portable bunch with their range of gear. Wish I had kept some of the Barbie stuff when I quit her years ago. I came back after getting an Ohitsu and fell in love with the customising and sewing part of the hobby.

I rotate my 1/6 and 1/3 since their projects sometimes overlap. It led to four of my dolls exisiting on both scales.

I've got two 1/3 scale boys in storage to keep them safe from cats, one of which still chews on things and the other of which is like a tiny bulldozer. >-> At least 1/6 scale dolliehs are more econimcal to replace (sort of) if someone decides to chew a hand off one, and they're usually less breakable if some else plows through them and knocks them in the floor. Plus, there's SOOOOOOOOOOOO much stuff you can get for them! And usually for cheaper than you can for 1/3 scale. I still love my big guys, but I have a doll addiction that's a lot easier to feed on a smaller scale. (Especially considering how small my area to store them is. OwO; I need more storage drawers for their stuff!) Plus, there's something about super tiny things that just makes you feel all fuzzy inside. ^u^
Kattriella

Postby maywong » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:14 am

Hi! and welcome.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Eseme » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:20 pm

Welcome! I love 1/6 myself, and adore tiny things (I may branch out into 1/12 if I get room for a dollhouse....). We look forward to pictures and questions.

Remember, all dolliehs are welcome here!

Eseme
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Introductions