Go to footer

PLA Pico Spam

Puki, Brownies, Petdolls - anything in the 5" scale bring'm here!

PLA Pico Spam

Postby Dark Angel » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:43 pm

Figured I should make a thread for these little cuties since a few of us have them now. (A BIG thank you to Qrinta for helping us get these little cuties)

I took some pictures of the building process in case anyone wanted to see. The Ashes is mine and the two Violets are my mom's. We just put them together yesterday and it was quite fun.

Ta-Da! All put together!

Now time for his sisters...

Ashes wanted to oversee the production of his siblings.

He was very helpful :roll: He decided towards the end that he didn't want sisters because then he'd have to share all his food.

Eventually I got his sister's head back ;) And put the girls together. My mom did the purple one. I'm so proud of her! :lol: She said she was sweating by the end of it because the pieces were so small and some of them were hard to put together.

I found the wings to be a bit hard to put in.

On both Ashes and the pink Violet, I had to use quite a bit of force to get them in and slightly bent the wings. Now there's some white where there was strain on them. If that makes sense. I tried to take a photo of it.

Anyway, overall these little dragons are SO worth it. They are super cute and fun to put together. I can't wait for more colors to come out! (And warmer weather so I can actually paint mine)

Feel free to post your little dragons here. I'd love to see them!
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Re: PLA Pico Spam

Postby Greyhaunt » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:52 pm

HURRAY! I've been wanting to see some of these done. I have a Violet and and Ashes and I can't wait to put them together :)
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Kirahfaye » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:13 am

I just tried to induce my husband into putting my Ash together, but one look at the string and he handed the box back to me with "Have fun!" LOL! :lol:
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Dark Angel » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:24 am

Kirahfaye wrote:I just tried to induce my husband into putting my Ash together, but one look at the string and he handed the box back to me with "Have fun!" LOL! :lol:

LOL!! It's not as bad as it seems. I was a little weary of it too but it was super easy.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel

Postby Kirahfaye » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:24 pm

My daughter and her partner decided to take on the challenge. I told her if she could put Ash together, she could have him and that was all it took! :D She agreed, there's no way to really work with the wings without causing the white stress "bruise".
Last edited by Kirahfaye on Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

Postby Dark Angel » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:33 am

Kirahfaye wrote:My daughter and her partner decided to take on the challenge. I told her if she could put Ask together, she could have him and that was all it took! :D She agreed, there's no way to really work with the wings without causing the white stress "bruise".

Yeah, it seems pretty difficult to not "bruise" the wings. Maybe if we used some kind of tool to push them in?
My Family:
Dark Angel

Postby Kirahfaye » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:46 am

I think it's more of an issue that Aileen Doll needs to resolve.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

Postby zirconmermaid » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:11 am

I love my little purple one, and there was a resin one at the doll meet on the 30th! They compare very favorably. The resin has a bit more detail, but otherwise they are the same!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Dark Angel » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:03 pm

Just got my little pink Violet and put her together. Now I just need to paint them but it's still way too cold to spray them so that will have to wait. :(
My Family:
Dark Angel

Return to Board index

Return to Tiny Critters