Go to footer

Octavia, my G4 Custom. And Applejack finally.

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

Octavia, my G4 Custom. And Applejack finally.

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:32 am

So yeah, I finally decided to suck it up and get myself Applejack since I rewatched the series marathon and realised I liked AJ a huge metric ton. So yeah, I trimmed and styled her hair, added her freckles and tried to not freak out at the lack of hat.

I also decided to get another Fluttershy, but with the lighter hair because hey, I'm a stickler for details. It's actually rooted less thickly as my first Fluttershy so it lays nicely on her head and such.

I decided to finally customise my neglected Rainbow Flash by hacking off her horn and turning her into Octavia, a background pony that's gotten a huge following. It's my first try at recolouring a pony and I'm really happy about it. At the very least, I don't have Rainbow Flash being ignored anymore...

Props to Hasbro for giving a semi accurate dog to Applejack (Winona to be exact lol)... Still, she has no haaaaaat.

I still need to curl the ends of her hair first but I'm lazy, so she has straight hairs.

So yeah, as you can see, my first Fluttershy hair has been freaking out a lot and I kind of regret cutting it that short so yeah, Plus the hair was too bright for her character so you can see why I got the new one.

So yeah, I got the two pack with Daisy Dreams because I really love Fluttershy and it was sooooo much cheaper than buying just one single pack pony...

But yeah. Fluttershy with neon hair has been wiped and dehaired awaiting to become a Wonderbolt.

So yeah, I've seen a lot of Octavia customs but one thing I noticed was that they chose the ponies with the wrong head sculpt for the eyes. It was clear from the screencaps she has Unicorn slanted eyes despite being an Earth pony. I also had a spare unicorn lying around I was growing to dislike so I cut off her horn, filled the hole with milliput and rerooted her.

I then tried my first full body paint... I'm slightly annoyed the head is a different material to the body since it was crap at holding paint and such. You can see a lot of mistakes there but I'm happy with how it turned out.

Though next time I'm definitely sticking to kanekalon cuz I used too much hairspray to get her fringe like that...

The treble clef is reversed on one side cuz I noticed the show tends to do that a lot with cutie marks so yeah...

Her tail is fail...

I personally like her face on...

Lols so yeah, two one scene wonders who are now fan favourites. Who both are musically inclined.
It took a lot of messing around since one is dark and the other is white...

But yush, I got two ponies down, I just need Derpy and Doctor Whoof to be content.

Lols there's a fan theory Octavia is the sister of Pinkie Pie and I'm down with it, lol. I think it'd be pretty funny if that actually happened.

Plus, I love the greys and such compared to the Pink-ness that is Pinkie Pie...

So yeah... The one pony I seriously do not like is Twilight because her body is the wrong colour, her hair is the wrong colour and just looks so... INACCURATE to her show counterpart. That and Applejack has eyebrows. And no hat.

But yeah, I'm pretty happy I finally got the whole set eventually...

Lawls, so here are my show ponies so far... Sweetiebell suffered a baaaaaaaaaad haircut so I must pick up another Pinkie Pie/Sweetiebell set and turn this one into Dinky Hooves.

I also have Daisy Dreams and a bald Fluttershy needing a new look...

And yeah... PONIES.

Omake: A pic of Octavia.

Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Octavia, my G4 Custom. And Applejack finally.

Postby Stormlight » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:45 am

Those are all so cute! Wish I had your patience (and knowledge) of rerooting stuff. Did you see there are new ponies coming out, too? I don't think they're released in the US yet, but I've seen them on Ebay. Several new pegasus and unicorn ponies, which I assume are also from the show (although I have yet to see more than two episodes of it. I always miss it!)
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby SillyLilPuppet » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:00 pm

Octavia's eyes look spot on, good job :3 Also augh haven't seen any of the lil sis ponies up yet, that Sweetie Belle is totally adorable.

Stormlight, the whole series is on Youtube if you keep missing it on Hub. Think its on PensivePony's Youtube channel.
<>My Tumblr<>My Etsy<>Come chat!<>
Too many dolls, I give up.
SillyLilPuppet
Dolly Pardon

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:23 am

Thanks Stormlight! I actually have two of the new ponies. They're not actually not a part of the show, which annoys me cuz I only collect these FOR the show, and at a loss on how to style them, haha. You should definitely catch it on youtube though if you can :P It's simply amazing... (And thanks to Tumblr I adore ALL the background ponies and slowly customizing my own...)

Sillylilpuppet, thanks! I tried to make Octavia have the best eyes possible so I'm quite proud :D I got my Sweetiebell in a two pack with Pinkie Pie and haven't seen any other fillies yet... I'm tempted to grab another set just so I can customize a spare Pinkie into Doctor Whooves....
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:17 pm

A rainbow of ponies~!
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby .Chibi.I.Kirakishou. » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:18 pm

You SIR! are making me want ponies now. *facedesk* Your pony customs are so darn nice, =3
Ï support dollie hybrids! =3<3
.Chibi.I.Kirakishou.
i see dead dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys