Go to footer

d.dung and lalaloopsy hybrid?!

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

d.dung and lalaloopsy hybrid?!

Postby kittyasauras » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:50 pm

I was at Tuesday Morning today, and look what I found!!! So cute.

It's a fake lalaloopsy but, it has a d.dung face! xD I looked forever in the toys, but this is the only one I could find. :(

We are going to the other Tuesday Mornings to look for the other two. I've got to have these other ones. haha

front

back

compared with a big loopsy.

They are called Dizzy Doo. They have a hard plastic face with a soft body. They have clothes and underwear, I'm going to guess that the clothes are removable, but I can't open her just yet...she's a christmas present! lol They have sewn on shoes~

I'm going to report back tomorrow.. If I can't find anymore I may post a reward for those who would venture to their local TM... ;)
https://www.etsy.com/shop/FawnFeathers <-----ETSY~! dollieh clothes and what-nots
kittyasauras
the walls have dolliehs

Re: d.dung and lalaloopsy hybrid?!

Postby Linteia » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:05 pm

If you can't find them at TM they have them on Amazon, too. They are quite a bit spendier, though ($20 a piece).

But anyway, SO CUTE!!! I really like the Lalaloopsy dolls look, though I do wish they made some that were just fabric.
Linteia
the walls have dolliehs

Postby kittyasauras » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:49 pm

I see that! D8
I honestly don't think they are worth that much, heck the REAL loopsys aren't worth that much. xD

In the comments it says that they are at the Family Dollar too. I know we have some of those around here, just not sure where. I'll guess I'll go there too. haha

Oh, and they actually have started making the lalaloopsies in clothe, they are just smaller. I don't think they are that cute though. I think the run around $8? I've only seen them at walmart, and only at our big walmart in the fancy side of town. I'm sure they will be abundant after Christmas. : )
https://www.etsy.com/shop/FawnFeathers <-----ETSY~! dollieh clothes and what-nots
kittyasauras
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Linteia » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:28 pm

Oh that's nifty! Too bad they're not as cute, though. The big loopsy I saw at Kmart was $30 and I wasn't going to part with that kind of money over one. >.> I'm a little bit of a cheapskate sometimes, I'll admit, lol.
Linteia
the walls have dolliehs

Postby kittyasauras » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:22 am

Yeah, that's too much.

I noticed that right now, a lot of the stores have jacked up the prices.
About two weeks ago Target had the minis on sale for $4.99 and the big ones for $17.99, and they had a store coupon that saved you $5 on a purchase of $20.

I don't know if there will be another sale soon, but keep checking around. :)
kittyasauras
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:08 am

kittyasauras wrote:In the comments it says that they are at the Family Dollar too. I know we have some of those around here, just not sure where. I'll guess I'll go there too. ha ha)

The Family Dollar ones are $5 each. I've been tempted by them before. Can't remember if they had the cloth bodies are not.
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby kittyasauras » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:34 am

I went to the FD and bought the one with pink hair and one with purple hair. :) They are the exact same, only $1 cheaper. xD
I opened one, and their outfits are crappy. I sacrificed one crap dress to make a pattern from to sew a nice one. The dresses and dolls are made from what feels like nylon fabric.

If anyone is going to get these, I can post the pattern? That way you wouldn't have to fuss with fraying fabric. haha

Putting the dresses aside, they are very cute little anime inspired dolls.
kittyasauras
the walls have dolliehs

Postby catshem » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:20 am

Omg I have a TM right around the corner. My husband and I always laughed at the name and were like "What the hell is in Tuesday Morning?" AND NOW I HAVE IDEAS.
My dolls Family
I make doll wingsOfficial Store here
Commission thread here
Mirrored Fantasies Etsy store
**DS exclusive coupon code for my etsy shop: DS15OFF
I like cats and dolls... I think my life is set. Wife of Rob.
Their story The God of Rampage
catshem
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby quidam » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:18 pm

catshem wrote:Omg I have a TM right around the corner. My husband and I always laughed at the name and were like "What the hell is in Tuesday Morning?" AND NOW I HAVE IDEAS.

They are a high end discount store that carries just about everything. They are great for dolls. I've purchased higher end Gotz dolls there for $15. That's just epic. They always have a big assortment of collectors Barbies and Madame Alexanders. If you check often enough you may find something really special that's not found in normal stores. I've seen Gothic looking Japanese collectors dolls there as well as figures that were supposed to be exclusive to the San Francisco ComiCon. Most of the time they are a steal.

I really like the Lalaloopsy dolls look, though I do wish they made some that were just fabric.

I really wish they start doing some big ones like that. It frustrates me that they look like ragdolls, but are made out of hard plastic. I only had one of the tinies, but would definitely have more if they were soft.
Caretaker of the Axelsen household: Aria, Annica, Aubrey, Azalea, Asher, Amelia, Alantril, Arivan, and Angora
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Postby myotishia » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:40 am

They are making soft lalaloopsys. Only found out when I was looking over the system at work. http://www.smythstoys.com/lala-loopsy-5 ... 3f4681f009
Don't know if the heads are soft or plastic but the bodies are definitely soft. :D
feeling unwelcome. It was a good sanctuary while it lasted. I'll miss you guys. .
myotishia
Dolly Pardon

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys