Go to footer

CLAMP chess pieces

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

CLAMP chess pieces

Postby quidam » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:31 pm

JS was giving these away for a bit, so I figure there are a few of us on here that must have some.

Which ones do you have? Share some pictures so we can see what they look like! (Ms. Evelien is curious about them!)

I'm a horrible person- I took mine off of their bases.

Misaki and Hikaru from Angelic Layer as the White rook piece.

Seishiro from X Tokyo Babylon as the black bishop

The reason why I ruined them by taking them off of their bases?
Annica needed some dolls! (Annica is a 1/4 size, so that should give a size reference to anyone who is curious about them.)

I have to admit that they are pretty nice and a fairly decent quality. If I remember correctly the bases were a hard plastic, but the figures are a softer, rubbery plastic. The paint jobs are well done.
Caretaker of the Axelsen household: Aria, Annica, Aubrey, Azalea, Asher, Amelia, Alantril, Arivan, and Angora
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Re: CLAMP chess pieces

Postby AlmySidaKay » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:52 pm

I've always wondered about them too, thanks for the great photos.

::makes grabby hands at Hikaru::
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby kittyasauras » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:35 am

I remember when they sold these at waldenbooks! (woah that's been a while!) I wanted some so bad, but at $20, I couldn't do it. ;___; haha
https://www.etsy.com/shop/FawnFeathers <-----ETSY~! dollieh clothes and what-nots
kittyasauras
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:51 pm

Seishiro!!!! I have Subaru Tokyo Babylon version. :D

I also have a black and white Mokona.
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Evelien » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:06 pm

CRAP!!! I wish I'd joined the contest for the prizes now!!!
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:37 am

I have the first 7 sets. I bought them all at bookstores, didn't get any from JS. Still need the last 5 sets. (I love CLAMP >_<)
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby SuniMoon » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:46 pm

I looooove those things, super jealous of everyone who got them in their Junkyspot boxes. xD
I have Seishiro, the Angelic layer chick, Subaru, and Kamui. I reeeaaally want a Fuma.
X and Tokyo Babylon are my favorite CLAMP series, so... That's why.
Still, I'm happy with Seishiro. The figure captures his character SO well, but in a cute way. I love it. Heee.

And ya didn't ruin them, that's a great use for them, they're the perfect size. :3
Especially cause let's face it, most of us will never own the full chess set. (I don't play chess, and I hate a few CLAMP series... Nope! Just those X/Tokyo Babylon cuties for me!)
SuniMoon

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys