Go to footer

Zuru 5 Surprise Mini Brands *and other small stuff

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

Re: Zuru 5 Surprise Mini Brands *and other small stuff

Postby DollyKim » Sun Sep 01, 2024 3:25 pm

I've seen plenty of resin balls at the store and cursed a leaking Harry Potter one myself.

Meanwhile I'm experimenting with using acrylic paint varnish for the liquid as the one thing I did try to make with their resin did not cure after spending hours in the sun.

PS: If you look on Reddit you can find how to read pin hole marks and codes on MGA balls to figure out what's inside. So far it's been working.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kattriella » Sun Sep 01, 2024 5:51 pm

Apparently, a lot of people are having issues with the Harry Potter resin not curing. I've been reading some of the reviews. Thankfully, I'm not super interested in the resin as much as I am the actual physical components.

Unfortunately, my coworker has given my entire crew the ick, so now I'll be quarantining myself for several days. Any shopping I do will have to be online.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby maywong » Sun Sep 01, 2024 7:03 pm

DollyKim wrote:
PS: If you look on Reddit you can find how to read pin hole marks and codes on MGA balls to figure out what's inside. So far it's been working.

Can I have the link please? :D
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby DollyKim » Mon Sep 02, 2024 5:19 am

Glad to know it's the resin and not me. I found them via image searching for "miniverse code hack". With the Harry Potter balls it's been spot on, just take your reading glasses because the holes can be small. And if anyone gets a spare special HP set LMK.

Also there's the occasional ball without a hole but most of them will have one. Just read the chart carefully because I didn't, got a couple of doubles, paid a bit extra on line because the local stores were generally out, and of course the store I went to yesterday had a cauldron load :/
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby DollyKim » Mon Sep 02, 2024 3:48 pm

Remixing some extra Harry Potter potions, and additional bottles, along with little resin craft mix ins like metal shapes and fruit slices. The crystals glow in the dark. There's also a tiny human figure in the flask on the stand. I'm hoping the round container will look like it's swirling with celestial symbols.

Using acrylic paint varnish which will be clear when dry, it's just taking its sweet time. Still it cleans up easier than the dud resin in the cauldron.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby DollyKim » Thu Sep 05, 2024 5:15 am

To update- some of the little metal shapes in the bottle with the golden threads have tarnished a bit but they work. If you get the right consistency and shake the bottle, with a finger over the opening, you can get foamy bubbles which will hopefully not pop. They look cool when dry. One bottle has a thin layer of blue liquid on the bottom, I added dry sparkles and the liquid and color sort of worked its way up in to them before drying.

If you coat the sides of the bottles with whatever potion and stick some mix ins to it, or like 1/4 fill the bottle and give it a good shake, you really don't need to fill it with liquid unless you want that look. The green moss is taking forever to dry because it acts like a sponge. I've put bottles on their sides or at an angle to dry. You can reach in to them with the spoon or ladle handle to move mix in shapes around.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys