Go to footer

Anyone else collect?

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

Re: Anyone else collect?

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:06 am

I collect kind of odd ball stuff. I have a helmet collection that's is some how growing. I have Iron Man, Prime, Bumblebee, and Celty Sturluson. I hope to add a Tron Identity Disc and a Green Lantern mask & ring set to the mix. And I can't forget the action figures. XD

I also collect cute animal stuff like puppies and owls.
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby AlmySidaKay » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:40 am

I have a small porcelain fairy figurine collection I got when I went to France when I was in high school, I wouldn't mind getting more but... fairy <dolls.
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby SillyLilPuppet » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:17 pm

I have a couple of Breyers and various other toy horses in similar sizes too :3 They're gorgeous. Guess I also count as collecting 90s toys because I still have My Little Puppy/Bunny/Kitty, Puppy in My Pocket, Tea Bunny, Peppermint Rose dolls, the old Polly Pocket line, Melanie's Mall, something I think is called Honey Bears or Bumble Bears, just about every Disney movie doll up until Mulan... My gram pretty much hoarded all my old toys so have it all still.
Plus my mom got me collecting silly porcelain unicorn and fairy figurines... They're horribly kitschy and glittery <3
<>My Tumblr<>My Etsy<>Come chat!<>
Too many dolls, I give up.
SillyLilPuppet
Dolly Pardon

Postby Android raptor » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:01 pm

Aside from dolliehs I'm a sucker for raptor plushies and plushies of weird shit in general (i.e. insects and other not so cute furry things). I also still have a few of my old Jurassic Park dinos that I'll never give away, and I always feel the need to buy gashapon/trading figures I don't need at cons. Usually Gundam, though occasionally I've bought stuff because it looks cool.

Speaking of I've got some Gunpla and MSiAs on and off since I'm a Gundamtard and that's obligatory. I don't build the Gunpla like I should though so I fail in that respect. Most of it is UC since being a crotchety elitist I don't play nice with Wing/SEED/00.

I may or may not give in one day and buy this sucker even though knowing me I won't build it and I'd have to track it down on Y!J and pay like 400 bux. It's Ghinius related so it tempts me by default.
Android raptor
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Android raptor » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:33 am

I don't really photograph any of them, but I collect Gundam Wing models (the series, not the specific gundam). Someday I hope to find a 1/60 scale Deathscythe to go with my Wing so I can stage Gundam slash scenes. I am a dirty, dirty fangirl. :P

Hate to break it to you, but a 1/60 Deathscythe does not and quite possibly will never exist. Bandai is pretty picky about what they do in 1/60 or Perfect Grade, and it seems like they mainly focus on the protagonist mechs of the series or stuff from whatever series is currently running (IIRC there's more than a few offerings from SEED and 00). Wing is old news now, especially in Japan, so the Wing Zero is probably the most we'll see from that series in PG.

Of course I could be wrong as I am far from a hardcore Gunpla collector.

Lord help us if I ever get my hands on an Apsaras kit of any sort. I'd probably pose Ghinius with it in ways that should never happen ever.
Android raptor
i see dead dolliehs

Postby kenaiqueen » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:40 pm

I have 3 of the Schleich Elfen and will dig up a pic of my 'elf-shelf' to post. I also have packed away a Breyer horse from the early 60's which is just about the oldest toy I have left since I regretably gave away my original Barbie to my sister who had a doll collection at the time I was moving out of my parents house.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby nezumi » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:20 pm

I still have a bunch of model horses of all types -- Breyers, a few Stones, chinas, artist resins. I'm pretty much out of the hobby now, though, so the herd's getting thinned ( more $ for doll stuff).
I've got a few pics here, mostly from my showing days:http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v220/mouselg/models/
Mouse

Embodied characters:
Dorien(Island Doll Finley), Cynara( Island Doll Sophia), Jerrica(Island Doll Wallis), Eylen (Souldoll Amy/Minifee hybrid), Stormwind (RS Pixiu), Mousekin (DS Mint), Vereno ( DZ Mo-2), Lovelace (DC Ada), Niche ( Hujoo Baby Ted)
nezumi
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Jess ~Forget-me-not~ » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:45 pm

I collect animated character dolls from 2-d (rarely 3-d) animated movies and shows ^-^

If you want to see close ups of each shelf check out my DA page!
:-X :-X http://jcproductions.deviantart.com/gallery/7542379 :-X :-X

heres some of my collection pics around the room ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

If you want to see close ups of each shelf check out my DA page!
:-X :-X http://jcproductions.deviantart.com/gallery/7542379 :-X :-X
Jess ~Forget-me-not~
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Android raptor » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:31 am

True, but I wouldn't bet on it. 08th MS Team had a nice re-release a while back and a new AU manga sidestory run in Gundam ACE, but as far as I know they didn't make any new PG kits for it. Not even of the Gouf Custom, which is the fan-favorite mech from the series.

Not to mention is Deathscythe the most popular mech on the Japanese end of things? Because that's what controls what Bandai makes, not the American fanbase. Even with the Wing re-release and assorted nonsense there's also 2 new, major series Bandai probably has as top merch priority at the moment (Gundam AGE and Gundam Unicorn), which are also probably getting the most attention from Japanese fans as well.

Ultimately a PG Deathscythe is *possible*, but I'd still say it's unlikely. I'm sure the re-release/etc is doing well since Wing was popular during its initial run (as most Gundam series are when new), but it's still not at the top of the Gundam food chain at the moment and hasn't been in years. It probably never will be, despite what American fans might want. That's just how the ball rolls.
Android raptor
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Android raptor » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:10 pm

There's still a world of difference between MGs (which are probably just improved versions of preexisting kits) and gashapons and a new PG kits. If they make another Wing PG it'll probably be either the Tallgeese or Epyon since those are the main antagonist mechs (as opposed to a popular though still supporting side mech). And even that's extremely unlikely since like I said, they already did the Wing Zero and the series itself is beyond old news. Bandai has much bigger fish with Unicorn, AGE, and whatever else will come out in the next few years and beyond. Wing has had its day, and re-releases and side novels/manga are probably the biggest things we'll ever get from that series.

While Wing was/is popular, and certainly was the most popular series over here, it's not going to get special treatment that other series of roughly the same popularity and age didn't get. It wouldn't make any sense to the Japanese market. Like I said I'm not an expert on Gunpla, but I've been in this fandom for 10 years now and I've taken note of how the Japanese end of things seems to be going (from what I can tell based on what news sites/Japanese sites. etc say).

If you have your heart set on a PG/ 1:60 Deathscythe (or any Wing mech) that much I'd say try and figure out if you can make a custom somehow. The whole reason I got into the 1/6 doll hobby was because I wanted a figure of a character there's a snowball's chance in Hell of ever getting merchandised.
Android raptor
i see dead dolliehs

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys