Go to footer

Polly Pocket (modern, not vintage)

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

Re: Polly Pocket (modern, not vintage)

Postby Evelien » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:50 pm

Crap... looks like even in Apeldoorn, where they had a lot of PP about 6 months ago, they're not selling a lot of PP anymore. :( They hardly had any, if they had them at all. I didn't buy any.

I bought a few Pollys on eBay and Marktplaats (Dutch) now, but they all have plastic hair, I want them with fiber hair :(. I'll have a second look in Deventer's stores on Monday. Might even cave for the blonde grail Polly with the house for €15, lol, because I saw it's still €35 at other stores (gulp)... The woman selling the doll with the house refused to sell me just the little doll :(
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Evelien » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:03 pm

-Update- Someone else put the house with The Grail Polly on Marktplaats and this one IS willing to sell me just the little blonde doll, so yay!! :D I won't have to cave tomorrow and buy the whole house, lol ;)

I did buy a set today that includes two fiber hair Pollys :D Can't wait! The Polly Pocket "Jet Polly" set:

There's LOTS of affordable Polly on amazon.com but they don't ship to the Netherlands :( *sob*

-edit- Eeee, I want the Polly & Meowmallow set:

Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Wardah » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:18 pm

Oooo! Those have fabric clothes too! I have never seen those ones before.
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Evelien » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:31 pm

Yeah, some of them do, but not all of them, and the tops all seem to be stuck on their hard plastic bodies.

As I just posted in Let's talk: I went on a big online shopping spree today and bought a whopping total of 22 Polly Pocket dolls from all over the place... lol... I hope to be able to post pictures of them soon. Lol!

By the way, Mattel changes the PP design OFTEN. The latest version has this face, which I dislike to be honest:

Polly Pocket Hawaiian Holiday w/ Polly by alexbabs1, on Flickr

Polly Pocket Tokyo Tour w/ Kerstie :) by alexbabs1, on Flickr
Flickr | Ipernity
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Wardah » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:59 pm

I kinda like the newer eyes better. The pupils look to be a darker shade of the iris color instead of black which gives them a bit of an anime look. Also Chrissy is slightly darker but not as dark as Shani so now they have three skintones instead of two.
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Evelien » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:07 pm

Hmm, I don't know. It's not that I think they're butt ugly, but they just don't do it for me like the big eyed Pollys do :)

Btw, I miscounted, I bought 23, not 22, lol -_-. And I have one at home, so I should have a total of 24 soon. PLUS I'll go out shopping for them in different places again tomorrow. Yeah, I'm sorry, I'm an addict; I found out they're slowly disappearing from stores here, so I'd better buy some now while they last. I mean, I still very often dream about toystores full of vintage Pamela Love dolls, lol... yeah, the childhood trauma of realizing those had disappeared from stores, is still fresh XD
Flickr | Ipernity
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Wardah » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:47 pm

Their eyes are still pretty large compared to the 2007 and earlier ones so I ain't complaining.
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:31 am

I'll raining dolls! Hallelujah! It's raining dolls!

I dislike the new eyes too. They look derp and makes the doll look like a knockoff. :/
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Evelien » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:50 am

Can you tell me what the word 'derp(y)' means? I've seen it used several times now and I think I get what it means, kinda, but can you describe its meaning..?

I got a pretty good loot today! Will take pictures in a moment!
Flickr | Ipernity
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby kittyasauras » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:11 pm

derp or derpy is an internet slag when eyes (or seemingly now anything) looks dumb, cross-eyed, wall-eyed, or uneven.

I've always wished that the newer Polly Pockets would be bigger! LOL I think that they are really cute, I just don't like that size. I want them to be fashion dolls. haha

I go to thrift stores often, and I usually see some Pollys. Would you like me to buy them when I see them? I would have no idea if you had them already, though. Are you just looking for the ones with fiber hair?
https://www.etsy.com/shop/FawnFeathers <-----ETSY~! dollieh clothes and what-nots
kittyasauras
the walls have dolliehs

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys