Go to footer

Polly Pocket (modern, not vintage)

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

Re: Polly Pocket (modern, not vintage)

Postby Wardah » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:10 pm

The eyes like the ones in your sig are the best. The newer eyes are just okay but I don't like the older eyes much at all.

Evelien wrote:Too bad their face shape seems to be different too...

I dunno if their face shape seems that different. They definitely have the space to accommodate larger eyes at least.
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Evelien » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:40 pm

I agree. But to be honest I'd prefer repainting the ones I have. Dunno, I like their face shape :)

I did some more redressing on my 15 new girls, lol (I now have 20 in total):

Today's new girls redressed (1) by Ev's Dolls ♫, on Flickr

Today's new girls redressed (2) by Ev's Dolls ♫, on Flickr

Today's new girls redressed (3) by Ev's Dolls ♫, on Flickr
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Evelien » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:54 pm

I have started cutting away the hair on one of the blonde ponytail girls (I have like 7 of those anyway), man, it's glued on pretty tightly! My exacto-knife actually broke while I was doing it!! I'll have to buy a new one before I can continue.

I want a bald little Polly so that perhaps I can make her Fimo-haircuts or tiny little rooted wigs :D How awesome would that be?!
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Wardah » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:03 am

That would be awesome if you could make Polly sized wigs.
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Evelien » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:38 am

I've never made wigs before but I have LOADS of dolly hair for rerooting, I suppose I could cut a little wigcap to the right shape myself..? Don't know... I don't think the right size is for sale :P. I might have to experiment and improvise with the materials I'm using...

-edit- Here's the cutting progress so far, today I'll be going out to get me one -or two- new X-acto knife/knives:

And OMG... I made SUCH a stupid mistake..!
Here I was thinking I was collecting just one type of Polly face... wrong! I have what I believe to be both series 3 and series 4 dolls in my collection. Just last night I noticed some small differences. Here, see for yourself: a series 3 Polly on the left and a series 4 Polly on the right. Whoops:

Polly Pocket series 3 and series 4 by Ev's Dolls ♫, on Flickr
Flickr | Ipernity
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Evelien » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:28 am

I just realized... I thought rerooting them wouldn't be possible because from the inside you don't have access to the back/top of the head.. BUT!!! I could always cut away a scalp and root just that and glue it back... right???

OMG I'm so excited right now! LOL!! :lol:
Flickr | Ipernity
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Evelien » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:11 pm

Talking to myself here, but I don't care XD

When I returned home with my new X-acto knives to continue cutting away Polly's hair, my boyfriend appeared to have done it for me lol! So I found a bald Polly on the sofa:

And here are my first two amateuristic attempts at creating Polly some Fimo clay wigs... LOL!! :lol:

I'd really rather create her some rooted wigs, but I don't really know where to start. She wears a size 2"/3"! I made a wigcap out of transparent office tape, which took me quite a while, only to find out it wasn't strong enough. I'm not sure yet how to move from here. Any tips are welcome. :)

(I decided I can't cut a scalp from her head to root instead, because it's not "clean", but I might change my mind.)
Flickr | Ipernity
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby 1/6andtinylover » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:36 pm

Hmm...if you have some fabric glue, maybe you can sort of wrap some cling wrap thing around the Polly's head and make a wig cap over that. (There's a tutorial on no sew mohair wigs somewhere...)
The ever growing wishlist: Hujoo Dana, Obitsu 40, and an army of other Obitsus with anime style heads.
The more expensive end of my wishtlist: Limhwa Half Elf and Elfdoll Soah, my dream dolls.
Dolls @ home: Elodie Tarte (YuHao Tart)
1/6andtinylover
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Evelien » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:40 pm

I just found this:
http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_5966869_make- ... -doll.html
And I'm actually following that tutorial right now BUT I don't have tacky glue (not sure what would be a good alternative) AND I think the holes in my gauze are waaay too big for such a tiny doll...

I do have fabric glue btw. Perhaps I shouldn't use gauze but a fine type of fabric..? What do you think?
Flickr | Ipernity
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby OkamiKodomo » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:52 pm

Here's a link to a pictorial representation of the "attaching the hair" part click me

Elmer's glue might work too, but it WILL be stiffer than tacky glue. I just picked up a small bottle of tacky glue for $o.59 at my craft store and a bundle of cheap blond doll hair to try something like this for an MSD
Too many dollies to list. Check my profile if you wanna know who's who!
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys